+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: The Curse of Oak Island on HIST

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Re: The Curse of Oak Island on HIST

So I watched three more episodes on Christmas, now caught up to the end of 2017 (Episode 7).

They finished drilling all the test shafts in the Money Pit.
    They also dropped down a metal detection device into each hole.
    In one of the holes, they found fragments of parchment, ceramic pottery, and a couple pieces of human bone.
    Also in that hole, the metal detection device also detected a strong presence of metal material around 150 feet below the surface.

So that hole (called H8) is the next one designated to be expanded to a man-sized shaft width which would be the fifth one dug in the Money Pit so far...

so the legend says that one more has to die....the young son of one of the guys passed away earlier this year that did some work on the island would that be considered a death and maybe the curse of oak island will be revealed.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I think the legend is that "seven people must die in pursuit of the treasure." There was an old gentleman who died a year or two ago that was also involved with the search. But dying of old age or some other illness doesn't qualify. They joked a bit this season when one of the excavators was injured; he even said, "I thought I was going to be number seven."
    etching likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We just stumbled across a British comedy series: The Detectorists. It's about a couple of everyday guys whose hobby is metal detecting. Like the guys on Oak Island, they fully expect to find a huge treasure. What's really funny is that every time they talk, all I can think of is Gary from Oak Island. They pick up a pop-top from a soft drink can, and the one guy looks at it - very studiously - and says, "It's from a 1983 Coke can."

As in any British series, the rest of the cast is quirky as well.
    AmyKay likes this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678