+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: The Curse of Oak Island on HIST

Re: The Curse of Oak Island on HIST

Its like a soap opera--a bad one--with a cliffhanger at the end of every show! The Lagina brothers must be getting a lot of this paid for by the History channel because it would bankrupt them to do this on their own! Just the cost of transporting all that heavy equipment and 'experts' to the island would be so costly! But I did find the history of the Island fascinating and the idea of a treasure buried for hundreds of years so fascinating, I kept watching. I am pretty sure no big treasure has been found or it would be big news everywhere!
    KTinCT and woodiedog like this.

IMHO
    There is a part of us all that dreams of sudden wealth, sudden expansion of self and surroundings. Even more romantic a dream is if that wealth were to come in something we could touch, we could celebrate, we could hug, hold dear, and then share or pass along within the family circle and beyond. Oh, that lure of gold. I'm all about that dream, that dream that flows past the risk, and I wish them all the best.

Yet I must agree: if huge milestones have been conquered we should already know the future.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

[QUOTE=KTinCT;5128743]IMHO
    There is a part of us all that dreams of sudden wealth, sudden expansion of self and surroundings. Even more romantic a dream is if that wealth were to come in something we could touch, we could celebrate, we could hug, hold dear, and then share or pass along within the family circle and beyond. Oh, that lure of gold. I'm all about that dream, that dream that flows past the risk, and I wish them all the best.

When Barry Clifford first found pirate treasure off Cape Cod, I was hooked by the adventure. His boat was docked in the harbor near my parents house. We heard little rumors of treasures he was finding. Thankfully years later, he opened a museum so everyone can see the treasures. National Geographic: Pirates of the Whydah
    KTinCT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    When Barry Clifford first found pirate treasure off Cape Cod, I was hooked by the adventure. His boat was docked in the harbor near my parents house. We heard little rumors of treasures he was finding. Thankfully years later, he opened a museum so everyone can see the treasures.
    Yup, I hear ya. I was hooked on Blackbeard. Spent a fun day digging with friends - of course no luck but lots of ho-ho-ho rum. Next day I found a nickle on the steeper west side of Jockey's Ridge on the Outer Banks. Had to be there maybe. My little treasure ... in the middle of everywhere sand.
    woodiedog likes this.
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    I made it through the season finale without losing my mind over the repetition.

It seems like the oak island crew are spending lots of time and money with little payback.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Yet I must agree: if huge milestones have been conquered we should already know the future.
    This show is not meant to be watched "live". I just watched the final four episodes online back to back,
    and fast-forwarded through every "earlier this season" recap flashback. And well, FF through a lot of the talking as well
    Anyway, only took a couple hours to plow through to the end

I'm glad the History Channel got suckered into this deal (it's working, as the season finale got a series record 3.8 million viewers),
    as they would have ran out of money a long time ago. Total money spent has got to be more than $10 million so far...

Anyway, to recap this season, at least it wasn't a total loss. They made progress finding a stone wall of a box drain
    in Smith's Cove, more evidence of a sunken ship in the Swamp. And they made four holes searching for the Money Pit.
    The last hole is intriguing, as they found lots of metal pieces, including a metal bracket that could be from a treasure chest.
    If there's something down the fourth hole (Shaft #6), it's going to be difficult to get, as apparently there's a large debris field
    from the wooden structure of the Money Pit or a searcher shaft collapsing to the bottom.

What will they find next? Stay tuned for Season 5 next fall
    cablejockey, KTinCT and woodiedog like this.

Thanks for that recap, etch. I always get the names of the spots all confused.

This new fourth spot in the Money Pit is called GAL, right?

Note to Self: gotta remember GAL for next season ....

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

It's an acronym for their parents' names. I think they are Glenn and Ann Lagina.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It's an acronym for their parents' names. I think they are Glenn and Ann Lagina.
    Yes. I hope it brings them full circle with their parent guardians who supported the childhood passion of these two brothers.
    AZChristian likes this.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

VIEWER ALERT VIEWER ALERT: Season Five premieres Tuesday, November 7 at 9pm!

(Preceded by an hour-long recap at 8pm for those of you who fell asleep during the first four seasons)

(There's also a marathon of Season 4 beginning at 7am that day)

Maybe Season 5 is the season they find something!

Recall that in Season 4 they dig several holes in the Money Pit.
    One of those holes they saw something on camera before they dig down.
    My guess is that if there's something down there it's covered with several feet of sediment from the digging.
    Hopefully they'll suck it up or something so they can see what's really down there...

The Swamp needs more investigating, they barely scratched the surface after draining the swamp last season.
    And they should revisit Smith's Cove, now that they have pinpointed evidence of a stone wall under the water.
    They couldn't excavate it at that time because it ran right next to the retaining wall.
    They'll need to put the retaining wall in a different location before they can begin excavating.
    Last edited by etching; 11-04-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567