+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: The Curse of Oak Island on HIST

Re: The Curse of Oak Island on HIST

Once again, I'm all in. The show has me enjoying the history as much as the treasure hunt.
    Punkin likes this.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Once again, I'm all in. The show has me enjoying the history as much as the treasure hunt.
    Would be something if the drill rig hit a flooded underground passageway rather than some random water-filled rock.
    Well, guess we won't find out til next season's shows

I wonder how much money they are sinking into this mysterious hole? But then, they must be making money from being on the show, too. Lots of interesting history in this, but I really doubt they will find a treasure thats been sitting there for hundreds of years--supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I wonder how much money they are sinking into this mysterious hole? But then, they must be making money from being on the show, too. Lots of interesting history in this, but I really doubt they will find a treasure thats been sitting there for hundreds of years--supposedly.
    I'm guessing several million by now? The booby-trapped flooded tunnels might be the difference whether
    they can get stuff to the surface or not...Well, we'll see...
    cablejockey likes this.

Ok, so seriously, is this a real reality show? Every time I watch it I'm torn on if these people are legit and doing this for real or if this entire scenario is just fiction.
    Maveno likes this.

Looks like they got some sponsorship from a certain heavy-equipment manufacturer this season...

This is my guilty-pleasure show.. I'm in until they either find something, or are cancelled.

Truth is, every episode could be a 15min webisode of actual content.. and skip the constant repetition of island facts.

Quote Originally Posted by jer_33 View Post
    Looks like they got some sponsorship from a certain heavy-equipment manufacturer this season...

This is my guilty-pleasure show.. I'm in until they either find something, or are cancelled.

Truth is, every episode could be a 15min webisode of actual content.. and skip the constant repetition of island facts.
    Yeah, order me a couple bulldozers to go please...I'm all for it for bulldozing the entire island

Keep in mind, this is the slightly longer modern day version of Geraldo in Al Capone's Vault

Ironically, I can only watch the show online as I no longer have the History Channel on my cable subscription,
    so I actually do fast-forward through like half the show (certainly skipping the first few minutes)
    Punkin and causingchaos like this.

If you like this show, do not make the mistake that I did. Do not google the story of Oak Island. It will totally ruin the show for you.
    cablejockey likes this.

Wondered for a long time why they haven't just sent a remote diver down with a camera - or one that could collect samples (DNA from the body, or fibres from the post or "box"). Was also happy to hear that they are looking to send sonar down the drill-hole they dug in season 2.

the ROV was kicking up a lot of silt at the end. If it were me I would have sent it down to the floor of the 'cavern' and let it sit until the silt settled and moved it around on it's tracks. The prop-motors were stirring things up too much. Would be nice if they could send down additional lights as well, rather than just the LEDs on the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by jer_33 View Post
    the ROV was kicking up a lot of silt at the end. If it were me I would have sent it down to the floor of the 'cavern' and let it sit until the silt settled and moved it around on it's tracks. The prop-motors were stirring things up too much. Would be nice if they could send down additional lights as well, rather than just the LEDs on the camera.
    Yeah, I'm curious how much of the cavity they actually saw on the camera image,
    since you could barely see a foot in front of the camera.
    Not sure though if they could put the ROV on the ground without risk of damaging it
    (by hitting something or stirring up debris that could damage the motors).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast