+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: Below Deck

FORT Fanatic

Re: Below Deck

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    So, Ben dated Lauren when he was on a 'break' from Emily. Interesting.

Yeah, I think Bobby's edit last season benefitted from crazy Danny being there, but no such luck for him this time. He's ridiculous.

I'm liking everyone else, but wow, those previews. How does the anchor chain get so knotted up??
    Kelley had said that Emily and Ben really only had recently started dating when the season was airing so apparently there was a good 6 month gap in their showmance.

I agree that I like pretty much everyone except Bobby, though Lauren is borderline for me right now.

As for chains, could be the bow roller or the way the chain is assembled in terms of the welds, but my guess is they dropped way too much anchor again and it kinked up on itself on the sea floor. Kinked chains are a royal PITA to deal with. I have had to do it on dry land and would hate to think what it would take to unkink one at sea while hanging off a yacht. Heavy chains do not have a lot of space in the links so the weld on each link can bind up the connecting links and it creates a chain reaction. We would sometimes have to beat the snot out of them to get them apart.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.

I read that Lauren and Ben hooked up during a 'hiatus' between Emily and Ben. So Ben 'n Em are still together....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

KAREN

FORT Fanatic

The whole thing seems like a contrived way for Ben to keep himself on the show even when he isn't on the cast
    momrek06 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm so glad Bobby apologized to Hannah, cause I DIDN'T THINK I COULD STAND one more minute of
    "angry Bobby"!!!
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fanatic

That's what I was thinking too, Ben has technically made at least some type of an appearance on every season of the show. lol

KK4
    FORT Fanatic

I am liking this captain...she's very hands on
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else feel that the drama with the anchor was a big let down? They did such a great job of building the tension last week, explaining how it happened, why it's such a big issue, and dragging it out. They did it so well that yesterday evening I even thought to myself "Oh thank god Below Deck is on tonight! We finally get to see what happens with the anchor!" and then boom! They hit it with a hammer and everything is fine. I knew it would get resolved. But when that's all there was to it, why couldn't they have just shown that part last week instead of making it a cliff hanger?

I was glad that Hannah told the whiny steward what's what - I actually wish she'd said more. When she was complaining about working so hard in the morning while the deck crew is just sitting around, I so badly wanted Hannah to remind her of how they were swimming and having fun while the deck crew spent 9 hours trying to untangle the anchor. I'm glad she's on the show because she gives me something to be entertained by, but people like her in a workplace annoy me so much!!!!! Hannah's response of telling her that everyone works hard so her working hard isn't special was perfect!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fanatic

Max talking about his girl not being able to leave the Middle East until her contract was up sounded a little post-modern white slavery to me.

FORT Fanatic

Did Malia kiss Hannah, Wes, and the chef within the last couple episodes? lol Well I guess the chef kissed her, but it didn't look like she rejected it too much.

+ Reply to Thread