+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree1235Likes

Thread: Below Deck

Re: Below Deck

Holy moly, that was a shipwreck! Amy had no idea, back when she was hurt by Kat that spreading that dirt about Kat would come back to bite her. Kat, typically, was too drunk to even remember her 'betrayal' (though it doesn't sound like Amy and said 'boyfriend' were exclusive) and Amy should have talked it out with Kat when they came together on the Ohana, giving Kat a chance to apologize and understand why there was tension between them. Adrienne should have kept her dirty little rumor to herself, especially since she knew she'd be on the Ohana for dinner! Kat, though understandably humiliated, unfairly used her "in crowd" advantage of already being friends with Ben, Eddy and Capt. Lee to gang up on Amy, along with Kate who should have kept out of it altogether. What a mess! And none of the four from last season were happy to see Adrienne. Poor Capt. Lee and the crew were so uncomfortable with the barbaric behavior of these guests.

Adrienne was still with last season's Motor Yacht Honor. I looked it up and found the Honor is a 110 ft., 8 cabin, 16 guest yacht that rents for $33,600 per week. The Ohana is a 153 ft., 5 cabin, 10 guest yacht that rents for $140,000 a week!!! I'm sure there's something wrong in those numbers, but that's what I found. The Ohana has many more amenities and much more common space than the Honor. And on my curiousity about crew wages (before tip) I found this site with average starting wages per size of yacht: Crewfinders Yacht Crew Starting Salaries. It doesn't say if that is for a season or how long a season is.

Looks like Capt. Lee and the other three regulars took a step up while Adrienne is still where she was. I'd rather have Kate as my chief stew any day over Adrienne! I do love this show and the drama is well racked up this season! Looks like a cute new deck hand next week.
    candor, jucamer and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Lynda

FORT Fogey

Here's my take on Kate's accused gossiping -- First, the whole Amy issue was a non-issue stirred up by Adreinne. If Amy and Kat truly had a problem working together because of something that happened 4 years ago, it would have come out when the season started, not when Adrienne appeared. When Kat returned to the yacht, she was upset not by Amy but by what Adrienne had done to her. She was humiliated in front of the guests. It makes sense that she'd talk to Kate as her supervisor about what was a bad experience. Amy got upset based on bits and pieces of the conversation she heard. She assumed they were talking about her. They were not. They were talking about being humiliated by guests ... it just happened that the humiliation involved Amy but was not about Amy. Because Amy interrupted it and then blew it up, we really don't have any idea what Kate had done in other circumstances. She may have told Kat it was mean of the guests to do it, just like it was mean of the previous guests to tell Kate to smile, but that it had nothing to do with Amy. She may have brought them together. But she didn't do any of that because Amy jumped in, and then ran to several other crew members to vent. If there was anything Kate could have done better in that situation, perhaps she should have gone to Amy after the fact and told her that she misunderstood the discussion Kat and Kate were having. But it was all happening during dinner service, and she really didn't have time to do it.
    Maveno and Fo'Realz? like this.

FORT Fan

There is something not quite right with Amy and her brother.
    Maveno and Fo'Realz? like this.
    Trust Me!

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Alright..this might be long, sorry in advance.

Captain Lee: Sure he tries to be as professional as possible (for all intents & purposes he IS), but his interviews with the cameramen are horrid! Last night he said, "I'd rather drag my d*ck through ten miles of broken whiskey bottles before taking this charter out again". How "professional" is that!? As a charter guest, I'd watch this show, and once I saw/heard how the crew/captain talk about me. Neva again. Also, he is HIRED to captain these charters, does he think he's doing himself any favors?
    Going to the dinner last night. What was the purpose? Maybe he was asked, sure.. eat, leave. 'Specially if you're NOT enjoying the shenanigans. No, he sits there, staring/glaring at everyone as if he's the chaperone to booze cruise. It was odd..and woulda made me SO uncomfortable.

Kate: I LIKE her! Very dutiful to her job, in all respects. Sure, she may come across super bitchy, but if you notice.. it's typically ONLY to the cameraman interviews. I haven't seen her "bitch-out" on anyone, at all. Well, rocketship-gate was a bit over the top, and definitely what a chief stew shouldn't do (ever). BUT, I loved it!!! Passive aggressive and hysterical. My beef with that was the fact she LIED and kept lying. "Deny deny lie til you die". Did NOT score points with me at all.. own up to your crap and don't pass the buck.
    Regarding Amy/Kat-gate. I think she was just listening to Kat vent when Amy started nose-boxing outside the door. As a chief stew, I can only IMAGINE the type of sh*t that goes on, and she has to quell them in whatever way is possible to keep them working. This instance, she recommended Kat move to Jennice's room.
    I like her, my favorite by far. Poor thing can't get this damn treasure hunt off the ground to save her life!!

Ben: Cannot stand him. He more often then not, has dinner at least 2 1/2 hours late if the guests aren't ON HIM and IN HIS FACE about it. Then, he'll bitch 'n moan about the charter after they demand dinner in a timely manner. Ugh! NEVER. NOT.ONCE. has he EVER admitted to doing something wrong. EVER. That really gets my goat. Like last weeks episode, he jizzes on the pillow (come on, we ALL know he was the culprit) AND is THREE hours late for the actual dinner (4 course, why!?)..but has the audacity to blame Kate for the dinner service!!
    He's full of himself and obviously way too skilled in the art of deflection. Oh and to top it off.. he thinks he's the cat's meow. Ack! NOOoo thank you.. slimy slimy slimy.
    Which brings up the fact that he (just like last season) claims to be in a monogamous relationship with his gf stateside. Liar liar cheat cheat.
    Oh, and you're NOT Kate's boss.. stop acting like you can tell her what to do.

(to be continued)
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-24-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    Jamie5632 and Imperfect1 like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey

I love this show. So far, neither this or last season seem scripted in any way shape or form. On a boat, even "staging" scenes might be tough.

It seems authentic with typically young people drama. Love it

Love Boat was always one of my favorite shows. Below Deck is a more current iteration, I think.
    Maveno, jucamer and AcookerTV like this.

This show was pretty good last season, but it's great this season. Maybe it's because, as Jexter pointed out, there's not a lot of producer staging going on. Adrienne's visit was orchestrated, to be sure, but the rest of the storylines seem to be happening organically. And count me in for the Kate fan club. It's refreshing to watch a smart woman instead of the sexy-baby characters usually cast for reality TV.
    Punkin and Jexter like this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." — George Orwell

I agree Adrienne was totally scripted. She had no business being there. AND if you did not see last season it would have meant nothing to you,

BUT Adrienne was an annoying (b)witch. Different from Kate, Kate seems to not like the guests while Adrienne was horrible as a boss to the staff.

I thought the obnoxious-ness of this last group of guests which spanned two episodes was totally scripted. THEY WERE OVER THE TOP OBNOXIOUS and RUDE.

So when I see crap like that on a reality show to me it screams scripted.

And I agree about Ben this season. He does not want to be there. He is not happy. He is LATE very LATE for all his meals. THAT is unacceptable. AND then complains when the guests complain.
    And the pillow.

I do like Kate but she does need to smile a bit more when around the guests.

Amy and Kelly..........what is their story.........???

THEY NEED MORE HELP ON THE OHANA!!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I guess the kids from Below Deck will be on WWHL tomorrow. Count me in big time!
    momrek06 and AcookerTV like this.

More drama this week with a malfunction of the Ohana that could have had tragic consequences and Captain Lee was really shaken. But for the first time we see the engineer in dealing with the issue. I guess the engine crew are too far below the deck to be seen as part of the cast.

Amy and Kat finally address their issue and hug it out, though only Amy apologizes. Kat says her action was immature, but does not apologize. The new deck hand is really cute and fits right in with the rest of the deck crew and has a flirtmance with Amy. Kat seems a little jealous.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.
    Lynda

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    More drama this week with a malfunction of the Ohana that could have had tragic consequences and Captain Lee was really shaken. But for the first time we see the engineer in dealing with the issue. I guess the engine crew are too far below the deck to be seen as part of the cast.

Amy and Kat finally address their issue and hug it out, though only Amy apologizes. Kat says her action was immature, but does not apologize. The new deck hand is really cute and fits right in with the rest of the deck crew and has a flirtmance with Amy. Kat seems a little jealous.
    Heheh Kat is NEVER going to apologize for acting trashy ... because she's not acting.
    Punkin, Jexter, AmyKay and 2 others like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

+ Reply to Thread