+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1235Likes

Thread: Below Deck

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: Below Deck

Yes!! I love this show! HAD to make a thread for it.. so hopefully we can get this reality show gossip rockin'!
    Punkin, momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I love this show too! I hate to say it, but I don't believe Kate is 31. It's just so hard to believe!
    jucamer likes this.
    Heres to joy and happiness. Step by step I'm getting there...
    http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/

Me too, I love this show.

I loved Season 1 and was glad to see it back.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Kat was from S1 and wow, she really 'grew up' thankfully as she was a hot mess last season ALWAYS drinking.

Kate, ugh, she is MISERABLE. That one epi where she made that "supposed' ROCKET SHIP........ya right on that dude's bed. Ugh.
    Punkin and hornet7 like this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I loved the "rocket ship"!!!!!!! Yes, it was unprofessional. But for TV, it was hilarious!!! I also thought it was a really good storyline - a lot of her frustration for the terrible way that guy was treating the crew came from the fact that they all didn't have each other's backs. Their panic over tips from what she did illustrated that. And Kate is certainly a miserable character, but I think she illustrates an interesting reality of a yacht crew. There is a point where doing that kind of work would go from cool and exciting to burning you out. She's clearly there. But she didn't give a lot of thought to what she'd do in life after yachting. Her misery shows what happens when you stay too long.
    Punkin likes this.

This show is one of the few guilty pleasures I allow myself. I've already seen three of four episodes of the new season. I can't see how most of them manage to keep their jobs. I think the captain knows what he's doing, but he's way too lenient with most of them. Perhaps it's not easy to find people to take those jobs.

Kate is a spoiled brat who thinks she's entitled to anything. Kat is an admitted alocoholic who seems to waiver between being a responsible stewardess and a numbskull. Andrew is a certified jerk, although apparently that is his only talent other than lying on about his experience. I think Ben is a talented chef, but I can't see him as a good coach for addicts or alcoholics though I do think he has the ability to help people eat more healthily. Eddie does seem to take his job seriously. I don't think much of the other new ones. They all seems to have issues.
    Last edited by Florimel; 09-18-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think Kate thought that by now she would have attracted one of these rich cruise customers to be someone to take her away from it all and put her in the position of being the rich, catered to, wife on such an extravagant voyage.

I wonder what their wages, aside from earned tips, are? I love Captain Lee and Chef Ben. And I looooooove The Ohana! I know it is thousands of $$$ to rent The Ohana for a week, so can you imagine how rich you would have to be to own and staff year round a boat that big? Yet many millions around the world can and do. I have to admit I am fascinated by this show and the yacht and all the luxury that is afforded to those lucky SOBs.

And still billions of struggling parents and children go hungry and actually die of starvation, disease and war. What's wrong here? I guess it's always been so. I'm grateful for being able to take a Princess cruise now and then.

Sorry. Don't know where this bummer came from. It's a fun show to watch for me.
    jucamer likes this.
    Lynda

OMG Kat is such a bitch & Kate is no better. They are the mean girls. Poor Amy😁
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I give Kate a pass on a lot because of her chief role. She could be more sensitive about some of the things she says, but she's focused on the task of getting the job done.

She should not have been taking with Kat about Amy behind closed doors. She is a supervisor to both of them & should have brought them together after the sail & talked it out. She needs to take the stick out of her ass maybe she'll start thinking more clearly
    Florimel likes this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Kelly has done everything to prove that Jennice was 100% right about keeping her distance because of his anger issues.
    He has acted like a toddler who never learned to deal with the word "no" - just shameful.

Worse, it doesn't even appear as if he is self-aware enough to be embarrassed by his own infantile behavior.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

+ Reply to Thread