+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Debb70

Thread: Yukon Men

Yukon Men

This is a show that depicts the lives of several men and their families who reside in the small, isolated town of Tanana, Alaska. It shows their struggle to survive hunting, trapping, fishing and doing whatever is necessary to survive.

‘Yukon Men’ Season Three to Premiere Tuesday, September 2 on Discovery Channel - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

The new season, second episode just aired. You can watch previous seasons or just jump right in.

The new season opened with the news a road will soon begin that will go into Tanana. Now, the only way in is by air or water. This news is quite controversial. Some don't want to lose their lifestyle and believe the new road will ruin their traditional lifestyle.

This last episode dealt with the story of two Alaska State troopers who were killed by two residents of Tanana in May 2014.
    AST: Troopers Fatally Shot in Tanana Struggle | Local News - KTUU.com Anchorage

What did you guys make of Charlie's son, who is returning injured? That young man has always been a piece of work. He's lucky he is alive after that accident. I wonder where he has been staying since the accident. He seems to be the only son of the Yukon Men who isn't able to fit in with the lifestyle or even assume much responsibility.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-10-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    momrek06 likes this.

Re: Yukon Men

THANKS Debb, for starting this thread.

I have not seen Sept 9th episode yet.

I think Charlie has some anger issues. And Bob, he has had his own share of issues. The sister had her baby and she is amazing. Always helping everyone.
    I know Charlie's wife has been very very sick. I think that must be so hard on him. I don't ever want to turn on the show and see him hurt any of his dogs.
    I would be pissed as heck. But he just is not a happy person at all.

I will tell you I could NEVER live in those conditions nor those temps.

Ohhhhh and STAN, he is from Boston and I bet he is 'wanted' there? He has mentioned more than once that he was a kid in trouble in Boston and then just LEFT and landed
    in Alaska and has NEVER gone back East........hmmm. (That's just a guess on my part)!
    Joey looks EXACTLY like Stan but has his Mom's coloring!!! Joey is a good kid.
    KAREN

I thought Charlie was the one who works as a water works manager for Tanana. Is that right? I think the guy who owns the dogs and has a sick wife is named Pat. His daughter is named Courtney. I agree that Pat has a temper. He's too broke to hire any help now with the dogs and his kids don't seem to be helping much now.

I like most of the characters, but I do get frustrated with Charlie's son. He took off last season to move to Fairbanks. I think he might be super spoiled and is going to find trouble wherever he goes.

Here's a list of the cast. I get their names mixed up sometimes.

Yukon Men - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought Charlie was the one who works as a water works manager for Tanana. Is that right? I think the guy who owns the dogs and has a sick wife is named Pat. His daughter is named Courtney. I agree that Pat has a temper. He's too broke to hire any help now with the dogs and his kids don't seem to be helping much now.

I like most of the characters, but I do get frustrated with Charlie's son. He took off last season to move to Fairbanks. I think he might be super spoiled and is going to find trouble wherever he goes.

Here's a list of the cast. I get their names mixed up sometimes.

Yukon Men - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    OHHHHHH, you are sooooo right!!! PAT, ya Pat is the one that seems to be so angry all of the time!

Thanks so much for that list.

So we turned on the 09/09 episode last night and while it shows all recorded on my DVR, there was NOTHING recorded.
    I FF to see if I can watch it again BUT not until NEXT Tuesday right before the NEW episode. Boo. Gee.
    KAREN

Oh no! I bet it's not available ON Demand either! Oh well. Set it to record this time for sure.

I thought it was a fascinating episode. Apparently, the camera guy who was filming was standing by the road when the police backup team arrived to arrest the cop killers. They yelled at him to disarm and put his arms up. He responded. It was pretty intense. This one man's son shot and killed the troopers when they attempted to arrest him. Apparently, the father/son team had been a real source of trouble for the town leaders for awhile. I think Charlie had been afraid of them.

I have a question about the characters on this show. Why are most all of the lead characters white and not Alaskan natives? It's the same way on Mountain Men, Life Below Zero, etc. The white men are sometimes married to a native of Alaska, but they grew up elsewhere. Why can't they find and feature native Alaskan males for these shows? I just find it really odd.

+ Reply to Thread