+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Alaska: The Last Frontier: Kilchers Revealed

Alaska: The Last Frontier: Kilchers Revealed

Series Premiere - Tuesday, August 26th - Discovery - 8:00 eastern

Initially, I thought this was the announcement of the new season of the already successful show, but it's described as a "Series Premiere". They've added "Kilchers Revealed" to the title so....who knows.

Re: Alaska: The Last Frontier: Kilchers Revealed

I've been watching that show for a couple of years now. You know they are the family of the singer Jewel. I've been anxiously awaiting a new season, but I keep seeing old episodes. I do wonder what's up. I want to see the new little baby boy again. (They've only showed one scene of him when he was first born.) I really like this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You know they are the family of the singer Jewel.
    WHAT?!?! I knew that was Jewels last name but I never put 2 and 2 together!! Cool!

I love that show, too. I giggle just thinking about the homemade cow bra
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Here are Jewel and her dad singing the theme song for the show. He is actually a musician.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rktZbb2Ia1I

While their entire family portrays themselves as living off the land (maybe they do), they are actually very wealthy. I researched them awhile ago.

That is awesome, even hearing the theme I dont know why I didnt connect it! Thanks for sharing!
    Debb70 likes this.

I have now had more than my fill of Alaska based shows. I love Deadliest Catch, which I think was the first. I like Life Below Zero because it has interesting and diverse characters. Beyone those, I'm on Alaska overkill.

If we're going out of the mainland U.S., I'm ready for some Hawaii based shows. Or, going even further away, some European based shows.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I know what you mean. I had to lay off Mountain Men. Yukon Men is okay, but they haven't had any new episodes in a long time. I do still enjoy Life Below Zero. I do really like Alaska:The Last Frontier, but they really do need new episodes. I have been expecting them for awhile now.

Reality Blurred posted the Fall Reality premiere dates today, according to that this show will be returning Oct 9th.
    momrek06 likes this.

I liked Alaska: The Last Frontier for the first season, but it has fallen victim to producer meddling and fakery, unfortunately. They had one of those phony Thanksgiving dinners that was actually filmed earlier in the year. And the episode on cabin fever where Charlotte dressed up in an evening gown and drank champagne on a tractor was about as fake as you could get. Too bad because the people are really likeable.
    Kiz likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Yukon Men is back with a new season. If anyone else is interested, I'll start a thread on it.

It's pretty scary. The second episode showed scenes from the local town of Tanana and how two state troopers were shot and killed there in May 2014!!!!!! These two troopers had appeared on the National Geo show of Alaska State Troopers, though they were not filming at the time the men were killed. Scary stuff. There is so much real drama on the show this season, that I don't think they had the need to create any fake stuff.

AST: Troopers Fatally Shot in Tanana Struggle | Local News - KTUU.com Anchorage
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast