It's funny how some people get really into some shows and not others. For example, why do some people not realize that American Idol is over? I got bored with the show once they were down to about five people and I can't possibly see not being bored with reading and posting about the show after it's been off for 2 1/2 weeks. Yet, there are much better shows on the air like Fame and The Amazing Race, but they continue to obsess about shows that are over. I was wondering if AI fans simply watch American Idol or if they watch other reality shows.
It seems like some people just watch shows and like specific contestants because others do. To be perfectly honest, the talent, production, or staging of American Idol were not that spectacular, so I was just wondering why people watch it.
I am just wondering exactly what reality shows you watch/have watched in the past and if you could rank them and explain why you like them and how you found out about/got interested in them...
Reality Shows I watch(ed) in order of preference:
1. Big Brother (a variety of factors as to who continues/wins - also access to the Live Feed enables people to see everything going on in the house and not just what the network wants you to see and how they want you to perceive people)
2. The Amazing Race (so many twists and turns and less predictability in who wins/moves on)
3. Survivor (classic format)
4. Fame (so far, so good - talent and variety)
5. American Idol (talent and voting)
6. All American Girl (only watched because one of my friends was a contestant - Natalie)
I will check out most reality shows (except dating shows) if I have time for the first episode and see how I like them.