+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you pick the reality shows you watch?

I just pretty much watch them all, at least try to give all that I get up here in Canada a viewing at least.

I tend to stick with most of them, but a few fall by the wayside.
    I didn't keep watching Married By America or Mr Personality, they just didn't keep me interested.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My criteria is anything that keeps me interested.

What interests me...

Someone to root for.
    Someone to root against
    Someone with strategy (except in dating shows)

I don't hate dating shows, but I have to at least somewhat like the 'prize' person. I didn't really like B1 because I thought he was the biggest loser on the face of the planet. I could never find anything redeeming about him.

I understand why people don't like dating shows, but in the cases of Trista and Andrew from B3, it worked because those two in particular were really interested in finding someone to truly love and both, apparently, succeeded. Say what you will about Trista, but that fact she chose Ryan over Charlie really spoke volumes. And both were good decent guys.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I really prefer a show that has 'a little color' in it. It makes it more interesting to watch how different people deal with different situations. BUT, basically, I AM A REALITY TV SHOW ADDICT........DAMMIT!!!!

And that is a little embarassing!!!!

Well.. it's embarrassing to the rest of the world maybe, but not here. You're among friends here!

You just need to turn those other people into what they've been missing. I'm guilty of feeding the Reality TV addiction to several others....
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Ugh..I forgot to mention that I also watched Married By America. I think I just blocked it out of my mind.

Miss F, I also enjoyed the show, The Bachelorette. Trista came across to me as someone really trying to find true love. Of course, the 15 minutes of fame helped, too. I was truly happy for her and Ryan, and I definitely want to watch their wedding.

As my name says - I am so hooked!

I love reality shows - I don't shout that out loud - except here!

I watch most of them the first time and see if it holds my interest.

I love:

Survivor
    The Amazing Race
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette
    Real World
    Road Rules
    Big Brother - would be higher but not on enough
    Sorority Life/Fraternity Life

Did watch some of:
    Mr. Personality - conflicted with Everwood on WB - great show!
    Married By America
    The Family

Even though it isn't considered reality tv - Trading Spaces is an all time favorite of mine!

I don't watch the talent-type shows as much - not enough drama ! Love to watch people interact, handle stress, try to cope in context of the show, the power plays, passive-agressive, etc.

And whatever happened to the show with the families trying to win a dream vacation home?????

With the exception of Gilmore Girls, ER and Everwood - reality rules my world! But please keep that a secret!:rolleyes:

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    And, am I the only one who watched For Love or Money........and liked it??? I've heard no one even mention this show. HOW EMBARASSING, AGAIN!!!!!

This is getting painful to admit! I'm perplexed.

I'ts good to know that I am among friends, however closeted I may be!

prhoshay - I too watched For Love or Money and I think I liked it. I'm not sure yet. I know that I don't like Rob's voice and it will bug me all thru the show but I will be watching unless the girls get so catty that I can't bear it anymore.

Go on the forum for the show, there is alot posted there. There are definitely people watching!

I probably would have watched For Love or Money, I just think that's a little too tacky, Joe Millionaire was bad enough! But no offense to those of you who like it.

Re: How do you pick the reality shows you watch?

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    It's funny how some people get really into some shows and not others. For example, why do some people not realize that American Idol is over? I got bored with the show once they were down to about five people and I can't possibly see not being bored with reading and posting about the show after it's been off for 2 1/2 weeks. Yet, there are much better shows on the air like Fame and The Amazing Race, but they continue to obsess about shows that are over. I was wondering if AI fans simply watch American Idol or if they watch other reality shows.

It seems like some people just watch shows and like specific contestants because others do. To be perfectly honest, the talent, production, or staging of American Idol were not that spectacular, so I was just wondering why people watch it.
    Speaking for myself, I wasn't going to watch American Idol at all, but a co-worker told me how hilarious the previous night's episode had been (you know, the episodes where they show all the people who THINK they can sing ). I mean this guy thought the show was SO funny that I just had to give it a shot. And once there, I got hooked on it. They did a good job with that, IMO. Now that it's over, I'm not one of those "obsessing" as you put it, but I did come to rather like the singers who made it to the top three and wish them well.

I won't quote the rest of your post but in general I liked most of the reality shows you mentioned too. I think my top reality shows are (in no particular order), The Amazing Race, Survivor and The Mole. The next tier down would probably include (again, in no particular order) Big Brother, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Real World and American Idol. There are probably some I'm forgetting but that's what I can come up with off the top of my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast