+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Quest

CCL

The Quest

Anyone planning on watching the premiere tonight? The Quest Episodes, Blogs and News - ABC.com
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Re: The Quest

Yep. Curious to see how it plays. We'll see. But thanks for reminding me it's tonight!

I watched & found it pretty interesting, at least enough to continue tuning in. It's kind of a Survivor with the atmosphere of The Mole without any actual Molish activity.
    Florimel likes this.

I recorded it, and watched it later. I liked the player introductions and how much some of them seem to be into the quest, but I'm going to skip the rest of the series.

I have to admit I like it on many levels. Making it feel real and letting the contestants be a part of the action instead of just observing then being eliminated (i.e. Whodunnit?) really made it fun. The little "traveling map" scenes are also entertaining. The elimination challenges are also quite interesting - as are the final vote (where you are going to have to show your face on who you stand up for) and departure bit.

I'm just HOPING no one goes and asks people "Did she die?" like they did on "Whodunnit?" ...

... Then again, people WERE naive enough to think that people were really dying in "Whodunnit?" so who knows?

The only minor issue I have is a couple of the characters feel a bit over the top, especially the trainer. He was just shouting loud all the time like Brian Blessed (who BTW, I actually like as an actor in many things) but in an annoying way.

And no, I wasn't too surprised Kathy was eliminated - the other two blamed her for the loss so they were going to ensure that she was one of the two and the rest would most likely side for the male contestant.
    Arielflies likes this.

I liked it, too. I like that they went Medieval with actors playing characters. There was even a monster in the woods, and I loved how they floated down the underground river to the Fates. The actresses playing the Fates were fantastic. Also, getting to "live" in a real castle would be cool, plus the training challenges with real arrows. I found the whole show to be cool with the design and set up. It's on my schedule.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I like it, too, more than I had thought I would, since reality shows start out with a minus for me. It's an interesting concept and played with a realistic look. I'll continue to watch unless it deteriorates in to a nasty, backstabbing series as most of them do.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I really liked it! It has great sets and production value, with lots of extras in costume to add to the reality of the storyline. I was unsure how I would like it because I'm not a fan of Hobbit type fiction. But this show grabbed me from the start with the underground river. I'm looking forward to it's unfolding further.

I am a geek. I would so be on this show in a heartbeat!
    Florimel likes this.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the show had almost no audience at all. I hope it sticks around, but the forecast so far is pretty murky.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast