+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Quest

Re: The Quest

I liked the episode & really like how the show continued after the banishment so that they could move the story forward. There is something creepy about the prime minister guy or whoever he is. He is up to no good.

Why would those arrows not stick in the target. If they had, there would have been a completely different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I liked the episode & really like how the show continued after the banishment so that they could move the story forward. There is something creepy about the prime minister guy or whoever he is. He is up to no good.
    They kinda made it clear in the summary of the show itself when they announced it actually... he's shady.

Why would those arrows not stick in the target. If they had, there would have been a completely different outcome.
    They were either not shot with enough force to embed into the hay (they'd hit the material and sink, causing them to fall out) or because some were holding their bow sideways it doesn't allow for the string to move correctly and the arrow goes crooked just enough to bounce off.

Either that or you can't pull the bow back far enough to launch the arrow correctly and it bounces off. I think some thought because a crossbow is aimed sideways that all bows can work that way, but you notice a crossbow has the trigger to make it shoot faster.

Traditionally in films and literature, you can never trust the one with the title of Vizier. He's the guy with the black hat in westerns).

At last we have a reality show with a real plot and contestants that are more interesting in successfully completing their assignments than in lying and backstabbing. Siberia was a little like that though not as good as this one. It's one of the very few I find watchable.
    Punkin and PWS like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I will admit I liked Siberia, but I think the way they handled it was a bit ill-advised. They created a FAKE reality show in the line of say a reality show Lost and it hurt them more. (I do hope they attempt to bring it back for a second season, given there is still a chance they'll bring it back, but yes it's unlikely).

That said, the ABC version got it together a lot better and made it fantasy, not a present day situation which helps them out a lot too. It's got the grand scale of say "Treasure Hunters" (based on National Treasure movie) but a lot more personable than we got in that series.
    Florimel and PWS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    At last we have a reality show with a real plot and contestants that are more interesting in successfully completing their assignments than in lying and backstabbing.
    I thought it was interesting (and sort of telling) that the debate about who to banish wasn't about who to take out so that each person would get further in the game, but was about who was more of a "true paladin": it felt like the contestants were really buying into the narrative for their decision. That was neat to see.

I also knew that there had to be plot after the elimination because every time I fast forwarded the DVR during the commercials I could tell we were way ahead of where I expect a reality competition to be at each commercial break. The story was a little bit of a fantasy standard, but I thought the actors did well with the material, and there are a couple of ways they can go with it. I like that from the previews it looks like the next challenge will be the paladins racing to get the cure, which ties in plot and competition very nicely.

Still enjoying it!
    Florimel likes this.

I've liked too how they have for the most part decided on who would be the best to lead them to the end and be a fair winner. That doesn't mean there won't be any ganging up on a contestant to try and get them into the final two decision where the others on the team decide who is safe over being banished, but it does feel like they're deciding on who is worthy of being the final winner.

It's a refreshing show, but I have a sad feeling it will be eliminated over more Bachelor/ette shows on ABC.

I was pleasantly surprised with the paladins debate as who was calmer under pressure and it looked as if Ashley would triumph over Christian. I do think and there is a gender bias in our culture that men even incompetent men will be picked over more competent women. That and Christian did make more friends ( a strategic move on his part ) I totally didn't like that he thinks he is in and that his roommate Andrew had his back regardless even when it was made clear by the others that this is his only "Get Out Of Jail Free" card I think that in the context of this show that it is imperative that the paladins pick the best person that person will not be Christian. I truly believe that the folks who are truly into the show, the mission, that they have to save EverRealm that will affect what their decision will be and that is what makes this show different from the typical reality show.
    Punkin, Florimel and PWS like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am going to have to watch again to see the whole thing, but I am disappointed they STILL chose to keep Christian over Jim in this go. I'm sorry, but Shondo is right... if you're in the bottom and meet the Fates each time, and have to be voted on, you're needing to go.

Was glad Bonnie won the challenge before the final decision though - she's got spunk, but it's apparent that there are folks going after her now to have her out of the running. (Yes, there is SOME scheming, but not much. It's harder to do in this show unless you're one of the bottom three and go target the person you want to vote out to ensure they're in the bottom two).
    Florimel likes this.

I loved Bonnie's song! She has a lovely voice.

I was very disappointed that Christian got another pass. I would have preferred Jim win and stay. Christian sure has them misted in some way. His roommate told him last week he wouldn't give him a second chance. And then he did. Boo.

I really love this show!
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

They shouldn't have kept Christian after the dummy lost his key. I was wondering why Christian didn't try breaking the door down after he lost his key. Did he just not think of it or was it not allowed? Also, how did he lose his key in such a short amount of time, so close to the door? What a moron.

I really think that if Bonnie had found Christian's key he would have taken it and gone through his door without helping her with hers, despite what he promised. They made a big mistake keeping that weasel.

+ Reply to Thread