+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Quest

Re: The Quest

I'm checking it out right now on On Demand. I wish I knew about this show beforehand because I sure would audition for it!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Watched the first half hour and was thinking wow the producers put a lot of effort into this and I can see lots of adults wanting to do this as an adult summer camp.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

A friend of mine was auditioning for The Amazing Race but they were passed over for that and found themselves in an audition for this. He didn't make it, but ever since he described the concept I've been looking forward to it. So far I'm loving the fiction/competition blend. The actors are mostly good in their roles, particularly the Fates. The first competition also fit the setting really well, and I'm good with the reality game elimination rules.

I'm a total fantasy wonk so I'm in this one until the end. I hope the audience is there for it.
    Punkin likes this.

Seems like a lot of folks are on vaca right now the last whole month before school starts and I hope the timing isn't bad.

Since they don't win a cash prize at the end I'm wondering if they at least get a stipend for being on the show.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Since they don't win a cash prize at the end I'm wondering if they at least get a stipend for being on the show.
    It is my understanding that all of the people on these shows get paid union scale per episode. I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading that.

Finished watching episode 1. Kinda felt sorry for the blonde who got eliminated first. I do think that this type of show, the idea of fulfilling one's dream of being a fantasy hero speaks very deeply to the contestants and I wish they had been able to stay longer because for some I do think it would be a life changing experience. I also know that many mainstream folks simply will not get it and dismiss the show entirely. I do think airing this show so late in the summer season only a month before school starts did not do this show any favors.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It is my understanding that all of the people on these shows get paid union scale per episode. I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading that.
    If they're SAG, it's probably $250/day last time I checked. If it's flat out scale, it's $75/day. The latter I know for sure because I was an extra in a movie (non-SAG and non-SEG - Screen Extras Guild) and that's what I got paid per day (well that and a meal).

But even getting to go to Austria, which is where this was filmed, and getting to stay in a castle (probably a better made one than what would be seen as authentic for the Everland feel they're going for) alone would be worth it to me.

I do think it may be harmed as far as it being so late in the summer, but it does help it's rerun season and it's one of the "new" shows available to watch. What may harm its chances for a second season would be costs and not as strong advertising. ABC's problem now is they don't heavily promote their new shows.

One other positive - unlike "The Glass House" we don't have to hear about suits about "copy cat production" from another network.

We all enjoyed it at our house. I hope they keep airing it.

The second episode was good, and I love how they have the banished appear on the walls of the castle where the Fates are. It's a 3-D effect, a bit creepy and makes me think they will be part of the finale.

It also sadly had a bit of predictability in the end. I knew that the queen was probably going to be poisoned/attacked when she decided to join the contestants for dinner. It isn't a huge negative, but it is a bit predictable.

Loved the training and the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread