+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Married At First Sight

Re: Married At First Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I'm not a fan of Vaughn either, but I was encouraged by his agreeing to move to Harlem ... but then he was such an as about going to brunch with Monet and her friends.

Interestingly, Sandhya, a contestant on this season's Project Runway, is in an arranged marriage and is very happy (though she said she wasn't happy about it when the marriage was first arranged).
    I had the same thought regarding Sandhya. I think that means we're both obsessed!
    Kip likes this.

Fort post

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I looked at Twitter accounts last night and it seems like Doug and Jamie are the only ones posting pictures of themselves together and retweeting each other. The other two couples are mainly just doing live tweeting during the episodes. Cortney and Jason mention each other a bit too. Vaughn and Monet seem to be only commenting on the show and she tweeted a lot about the appearance on The View. Take from all of that what you will. It does feel like D&J are still together.....or are really good at making it look that way.

All of this is totally speculation on my part, born out of insomnia

I sort of wish I hadn't discovered this show until the last episode was about to air, so I could binge the whole thing and then quickly find out what happens!
    I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be able to skip to the end and enjoy the whole thing, but I'm kind of enjoying the anticipation. I haven't counted the days between episodes or had an "appointment" tv show in a very long time. I haven't been this into a show since, hmm.. Andy & Tessa on The Bachelor. The old luxury of not knowing the outcome is refreshing. I spent way too much time here at FORT way back then...

I wish I could say time and experience has taught me not to care, to say healthily detached. I know that, but it isn't working. Back then, social media was not used so interactively or as a tool. Now, I can check Facebook, twitter or Instagram throughout the day and have some connection to the participants.

I am rooting for Jamie & Doug the most, since I started watching because of Jamie (recognized her from The Bachelor & Bachelor Pad) and I really want to see her happy. Now, I'm rooting for Doug just as much because he seems like such a great guy, sweet, funny, charming, sensitive - pretty much exactly what Jamie has wanted for years.

I think I am completely sucked in because it is so focused on the relationships. It is the opposite of The Bachelor - it's about what happens after they "choose" and what I've always wanted to see - watch people fall in love (hopefully) and all of the cringeworthy and sweet moments that come with that process.

Back to twitter, I started tweeting with this show. It gives such immediate gratification. It is kind of crazy! I am rooting for all of the couples, but I had kind of written off Monet & Vaughn. I just don't think they are a good match, at all. What they said they want and how they act do not match. They are a clash waiting to happen - and it's already happening! Monet responded to one of my tweets (I commented that I was obsessed with her love life life. No pressure) and she responded with a very serious tweet regarding the pressure she feels. Just reminded me how difficult this is for all of them, but especially her. It must have been difficult to live through, but then watching it back, must be awful. Second guessing yourself, feeling those feelings again...

Anyway, I do have a few spoilers...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jamie laid out all sorts of spoilers in her Instagram - jamienotis

There are multiple where she is wearing her ring, but they were all wearing them on The View

The first one I found - Doug photo bomb Instagram

This one was on twitter - looks like Doug's legs Instagram

My heart kind of melted at this one, "someone" took of her sleeping...
    Instagram

There's another of Lady on a man's foot a few days later...

But the biggest one. I can't take credit for. Doug's sister, her Instagram is public, and...
    Instagram

Even knowing these, I still can't stop obsessing! Courtney & Jason are giving me nothing, I've tried!
    Kip, dzigner and punstress like this.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one obsessed with this show. I look forward to it every week. It's actually so much better than what I thought it would be from the previews. I'm really hoping a second season is being planned.
    Kip, dzigner, Dukie and 2 others like this.

I finally found this show on You Tube since I haven't found it on Canadian tv. Love this show and didn't think I would. I finished episode 4 so far.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Did anyone else watch last night?

Funny that the couple that seemed doomed at the beginning - Jamie and Doug - may be the most likely to stay together. After such a bad start, I'm amazed at how it's turned around. Jamie really has opened up to Doug and BOY, has he been patient! I really hope they make it. They seem like a really good match.

The couple the experts said were the most compatible - Monet and Vaughn - seem the most likely to split up. Vaughn is such a control freak. It's like nothing Monet does will make him happy. They've known each other for like 10 days at this point and he's expecting her to know exactly what he wants at every moment. No wonder he's single. Who could deal with that? That moment when he picked the dog hair off his shirt? UGH. I dated a guy that - everything has to be SUPER clean at all times - and the relationship didn't last long. My whole LIFE is covered in cat hair!

I think Jamie/Doug and Cortney/Jason were very smart to get new apartments. I thought all of the couples did well at compromising about where they'd live, but I think it may make things harder on V & M since he's sharing her space vs. their space.

Anyone know how many episodes there are? The app I use to keep track of TV shows just has a "TBA" for the next episode and no other episodes listed. I couldn't find anything on the official website either.
    I don't know how many episodes there are, but my TIVO's TV Guide has 6 episodes programmed so far, so there are at least that many.

My favorite couple is Courtney and Jason, and I think they have a really good chance of having a 'real' relationship, and hopefully a lasting marriage. In addition to being attracted to each other (physically and as people), they both seem to be kind hearted, well-intentioned, and really nice people. Courtney's debt is clearly an issue, but otherwise, they seem to be very compatible and in sinc with each other.

And Jamie and Doug seem to be developing something really sweet between them. What started out as a disaster is probably going to end up working for them. Jamie was just BEAMING on The View, and she was raving about how wonderful Doug is!

Monet and Vaughn clearly have the most issues --- in spite of their great sexual compatibility. (And that happens a lot, in real life!) But I have to say, there's a REASON why each of these people haven't had success in the past with long term relationships, so it's not that surprising. For example, Many people THINK they know what they want in a partner, but they often find out that that's not always the case, when they actually get it. Like, Vaughn told Money he wanted more attention from her --- but he pulled away and resisted her when he got it. And Monet said she wanted a strong, traditional manly man to lead the relationship, but when he tries to be that, she makes it very clear that she's a very independent woman. So, to me, I just hope they will both listen to each other's COMMUNICATING what they really want and feel, and be open to each other. If they are, I think they could have a good chance of making it work.
    Kip and dzigner like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I don't know how many episodes there are, but my TIVO's TV Guide has 6 episodes programmed so far, so there are at least that many.

My favorite couple is Courtney and Jason, and I think they have a really good chance of having a 'real' relationship, and hopefully a lasting marriage. In addition to being attracted to each other (physically and as people), they both seem to be kind hearted, well-intentioned, and really nice people. Courtney's debt is clearly an issue, but otherwise, they seem to be very compatible and in sinc with each other.

And Jamie and Doug seem to be developing something really sweet between them. What started out as a disaster is probably going to end up working for them. Jamie was just BEAMING on The View, and she was raving about how wonderful Doug is!

Monet and Vaughn clearly have the most issues --- in spite of their great sexual compatibility. (And that happens a lot, in real life!) But I have to say, there's a REASON why each of these people haven't had success in the past with long term relationships, so it's not that surprising. For example, Many people THINK they know what they want in a partner, but they often find out that that's not always the case, when they actually get it. Like, Vaughn told Money he wanted more attention from her --- but he pulled away and resisted her when he got it. And Monet said she wanted a strong, traditional manly man to lead the relationship, but when he tries to be that, she makes it very clear that she's a very independent woman. So, to me, I just hope they will both listen to each other's COMMUNICATING what they really want and feel, and be open to each other. If they are, I think they could have a good chance of making it work.
    I think that's exactly the problem! Vaughn says he wants a independent, outgoing woman and that's what the experts gave him. What he seems to really want is a subservient woman who will know exactly what he wants without having to ask. Monet says she wants a strong man who will guide the relationship, but she still wants to be independent. What they say doesn't seem to be in line with what they want. I think the relationship could work, but I don't think it will be easy. It seems to me like their perception of where the relationship should be is part of the problem. Vaughn seems to be focused on the "we're married" part, as if they should know each other better than they do. Monet keeps having to remind him how recently they met.

OTOH, Jamie got exactly what she asked for and finally realized that's exactly what she was given.....and is happy about it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with this show! I'm enjoying all of the episodes, but I REALLY want to get to the end and find out what happens!
    Kip, sugargoose, Dukie and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Count me in with the obsessed group. I didn't watch until the 3rd episode and now I'm hooked! I find it fascinating to watch the couples as they navigate getting to know each other while going through various relationship benchmarks like moving in together. Like several here, I have a good feeling about Jamie/Doug and Courtney/Jason. I'm not feeling a lasting relationship from Monet/Vaughn. Looking forward to seeing where they all end up.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one obsessed with this show. I agree with everyone about Vaughn and Monet. I like Jason and Cortney, but Jamie and Doug have really grabbed me. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
    Dukie and Imperfect1 like this.

Man, if Vaughn and Monet are still married, I'll be shocked. Unless they really work on their communication, I don't think there's any way they will make it. On his Twitter, he said that they covered a lot of topics at dinner, as if that would minimize the threesome comments. Sorry, but he knew Monet was already on edge and that they were having a rough time. In what world did he think asking her about threesomes was going to improve the situation? He might be 30, but he's teenage boy immature in some ways.

I just have to say again how sad I'll be if Jamie and Doug don't stay together. If they break up, he's going to have women lining up around the block for him! ....and she'll have tons of people telling her what a fool she is for letting him go! I did feel bad for her that Doug's family was bagging on her a bit for not coming to the softball game. It's like they don't understand that she doesn't have the kind of job that allows her to just blow off work for a day. It would have been nice if they'd have been a bit more sympathetic about her situation.
    mom2, Kip, Dukie and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Man, if Vaughn and Monet are still married, I'll be shocked. Unless they really work on their communication, I don't think there's any way they will make it. On his Twitter, he said that they covered a lot of topics at dinner, as if that would minimize the threesome comments. Sorry, but he knew Monet was already on edge and that they were having a rough time. In what world did he think asking her about threesomes was going to improve the situation? He might be 30, but he's teenage boy immature in some ways.

I just have to say again how sad I'll be if Jamie and Doug don't stay together. If they break up, he's going to have women lining up around the block for him! ....and she'll have tons of people telling her what a fool she is for letting him go! I did feel bad for her that Doug's family was bagging on her a bit for not coming to the softball game. It's like they don't understand that she doesn't have the kind of job that allows her to just blow off work for a day. It would have been nice if they'd have been a bit more sympathetic about her situation.
    Totally agree about Vaughn. If he was my partner, I'd have mentally and emotionally checked out by this time. In addition to his disasterous choice of dinner conversation (!!!) --- I cannot believe that after he had just spent days and days telling Monet how he doesn't like it when she doesn't pay enough attention to him, he doesn't like it when she DOES pay attention to him, it BOTHERS HIM when she wants to have too much conversation with him, he's not comfortable when she's in his space too much, she ANNOYS him when she's too happy or bubbly, and on and on, ad nauseum, that he is surprised and upset when (in the car) Monet tells him she doesn't trust him (about not being able to take care of her, emotionally). Well, duhhhh!!!!! He can't, or doesn't want to. He either is just not into her, or he's only able to be concerned with his OWN feelings and well being. It just seems like any compromise he makes with Monet is only because he feels he is obligated to.

Re: Jamie and Doug, I think they WILL make it. And I think that eventually, now that Jamie is liking Doug, when she finally does get to know his family and they get to know her, I think they'll all see that Jamie is a very sweet lady and a good person, who could be a really, really good partner for Doug. And I also kind of sympathize with and understand Doug's mom's hesitation about Jamie, cause they got off on a really bad note when Jamie had a total melt down at their wedding, and the family hasn't had any chance to get to know Jamie yet. But they will eventually, and I hope they'll all really like each other.

My favorite couple is still Jason and Courtney and I am really hopeful that their relationship lasts. Fingers crossed for them!

+ Reply to Thread