+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Married At First Sight

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Married At First Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Did anyone else watch last night?

Funny that the couple that seemed doomed at the beginning - Jamie and Doug - may be the most likely to stay together. After such a bad start, I'm amazed at how it's turned around. Jamie really has opened up to Doug and BOY, has he been patient! I really hope they make it. They seem like a really good match.

The couple the experts said were the most compatible - Monet and Vaughn - seem the most likely to split up. Vaughn is such a control freak. It's like nothing Monet does will make him happy. They've known each other for like 10 days at this point and he's expecting her to know exactly what he wants at every moment. No wonder he's single. Who could deal with that? That moment when he picked the dog hair off his shirt? UGH. I dated a guy that - everything has to be SUPER clean at all times - and the relationship didn't last long. My whole LIFE is covered in cat hair!

I think Jamie/Doug and Cortney/Jason were very smart to get new apartments. I thought all of the couples did well at compromising about where they'd live, but I think it may make things harder on V & M since he's sharing her space vs. their space.

Anyone know how many episodes there are? The app I use to keep track of TV shows just has a "TBA" for the next episode and no other episodes listed. I couldn't find anything on the official website either.
    It's fascinating to watch Jamie and Doug's relationship develop and to see Jamie now concerned about Doug liking her.

It surprised me that Vaughan agreed to move in with Monet. I thought that since he was the one who compromised, it would have been a nice gesture on Monet's part to "give" her dressing room to Vaughan for an office. But, yeah, he's super rigid about a lot of things.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

The ladies will be on The View in a few minutes!
    Kip likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    The ladies will be on The View in a few minutes!
    I can't watch. Please fill us in on any juicy tidbits!

A clip of the interview from the ABC website: "Married At First Sight" Cast Video | The View TV - ABC.com

This is the whole episode: The View : Thursday, July 31 2014 Watch Full Episode | 07/31/2014 - ABC.com
    There is a little bit that isn't shown in the shorter clip, including a preview of stuff we haven't seen yet. It's the last segment on the show.

I have to say, based on what was said, it looks like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jamie and Doug may still be together. Her calling him "the most amazing man in the world" seems pretty encouraging. She looked really happy.

I won't be surprised at all if Vaughn and Monet have split up and I read a comment on a site that indicated Jason and Cortney aren't together any more. I searched around, but couldn't find anything to substantiate that, so it could just be someone trolling.

Kip, Secret and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I caught a mini marathon last weekend where they aired the reruns. It sucked me in. I felt bad for Doug, but am happy that she's warmed up to him. Not a fan of Vaughn.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I caught a mini marathon last weekend where they aired the reruns. It sucked me in. I felt bad for Doug, but am happy that she's warmed up to him. Not a fan of Vaughn.
    I'm not a fan of Vaughn either, but I was encouraged by his agreeing to move to Harlem ... but then he was such an as about going to brunch with Monet and her friends.

Interestingly, Sandhya, a contestant on this season's Project Runway, is in an arranged marriage and is very happy (though she said she wasn't happy about it when the marriage was first arranged).

I was pleasantly surprised that Vaughn agreed to move to Harlem, but I find his desire for a marriage with "traditional" gender roles a bit distasteful. I think Monet is a strong woman and that may cause problems with the marriage. It seems he wants someone more subservient. If I were Monet, I would have been offended that he didn't show any interest in meeting my friends.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Kip

I was pleasantly surprised that Vaughn agreed to move to Harlem, but I find his desire for a marriage with "traditional" gender roles a bit distasteful. I think Monet is a strong woman and that may cause problems with the marriage. It seems he wants someone more subservient. If I were Monet, I would have been offended that he didn't show any interest in meeting my friends.
    Monet also said she wanted to be a traditional marriage with traditional gender roles (or something to that effect). At the time, I told my husband that I wondered if the experts were talking to the contestants' families and friends to validate what the contestants were saying about themselves.

I didn't like Vaughan's resistance to meeting her friends either. But in his defense, he's just uprooted himself from surroundings where he's comfortable. As you've mentioned, he seems to expect to Monet to know what he's thinking. He needs to communicate what's going on with him. It would have been different if he had said, "Not today. I'm feeling too overwhelmed with the move and everything, and just need some time to chill. Maybe we could do it next week."
    Dukie and punstress like this.

I looked at Twitter accounts last night and it seems like Doug and Jamie are the only ones posting pictures of themselves together and retweeting each other. The other two couples are mainly just doing live tweeting during the episodes. Cortney and Jason mention each other a bit too. Vaughn and Monet seem to be only commenting on the show and she tweeted a lot about the appearance on The View. Take from all of that what you will. It does feel like D&J are still together.....or are really good at making it look that way.

All of this is totally speculation on my part, born out of insomnia

I sort of wish I hadn't discovered this show until the last episode was about to air, so I could binge the whole thing and then quickly find out what happens!

Take from all of that what you will. It does feel like D&J are still together.....or are really good at making it look that way.

All of this is totally speculation on my part, born out of insomnia

I sort of wish I hadn't discovered this show until the last episode was about to air, so I could binge the whole thing and then quickly find out what happens!
    I too wish I had discovered it later, for your reason and also so that I would not have wasted so much of my life watching it so many times over during the week while waiting for the next episode. I'm totally obsessed.
    Kip likes this.

+ Reply to Thread