+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1230
Like Tree1874Likes

Thread: Married At First Sight

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Married At First Sight

Filming took place from August - October. From what I have been reading online...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jackie decided to stay with Ryan on decision day but something went down around 3 months later and they split after New Year's. She is either currently taking a road trip with her mom or has finished the road trip. There was also a photo of her with one of the Love at First Flight participants and she is not wearing her wedding ring. I'm glad she left the putz but so, so angry at these 'experts' for pairing her with douche Ryan, who may or may not be an alcoholic.

And then there is this from Reddit....
    Click to see Spoiler:

Just a couple of things I asked about that were able to be cleared up today. I'll start with something shocking that no one could have guessed!!!!! 

•Ryan rubbed a lot of the crew the wrong way. They didn't get involved in the relationship obviously, but, BTS they were rooting for Jaclyn to dump him because they could not stand him. If I were to say what the sources relayed about the crew and Ryan, I would be breaking the rules... 

•Seems that Jaclyn's personality is (was?) a perfect match for Ryan and she was able to be patient with him in a way that no one else could be and was able to keep trying for the chance at love.

•Molly felt like she had zero chemistry from day 1 with Jon. What she said on the honeymoon seems to have been grasping at straws to justify her unwillingness to be with him.

•Jon gave his cat to one of the producers that cat apparently took a liking to, thinking that it would be forever with Molly because he really liked her. He got the cat back after they split. 

•This is more speculation, but it seems to fit with what we now know, so I'm putting it in this time: The threesome argument was an early attempt of Jon's to get Molly to be real on camera. She kept saying she was willing to try, just moved slowly in relationships, and he was like: "That threesome, though!" So coming from feeling rejected and her not being real with him, he brought it up, and it seems he did bring out some real from Molly as she told him "Go f*** yourself", which is a good euphemism for her whole attitude toward their relationship. 

•Pretty much everything Molly said on camera about her relationship with Jon was fake. The crew had an idea that Molly was turning cold when the cameras went off, the experts had no idea (only Jon's word), and Jon finally filmed her so they could see what he was talking about.

•Jon, looking so strongly for love, may have been a little naïve here to have been fooled by her on-camera performance and not realize earlier on that the off-camera Molly wasn't just colder and "needed time" like she would say, but completely uninterested in him. (Just my own question; but I wonder if Jon being so thoroughly rejected by someone he liked was new to him?)

•Molly and Jon's Twitter friendliness: They're both very conscious of their image and how they would be portrayed on TV and social media. On top of that, one source speculates, but truly believes that after Jon stopped showing interest in Molly is when she finally became interested in him.

•Finally, just a note about the editing: It was mostly done to get around MoJo's living separately and then the catastrophe we are going to witness tonight. The other couples are fairly straightforward except where they interact with MoJo and some other smaller things (of course).
    Last edited by waywyrd; 04-15-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    karna68, Lizard and bamafan like this.

In case anyone is interested, this is the article/blog post Jon wrote that really impressed me.
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i...f/?published=t
    Lizard, bamafan and woodiedog like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think Molly's probably spent her life getting away with behavior like this because of the way she looks. She can turn it on and off like a switch and because she's thin and blonde and pretty, people believe her. I loved the deer in the headlights look she got when Dr. Jessica nailed her. I doubt that happens very often.
    I was wondering if Molly sees herself as disgusting, or perhaps someone in her past. I also thought she might be in love with someone else using the show to manipulate the someone else (who probably could care less).
    woodiedog likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Filming took place from August - October. From what I have been reading online...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jackie decided to stay with Ryan on decision day but something went down around 3 months later and they split after New Year's. She is either currently taking a road trip with her mom or has finished the road trip. There was also a photo of her with one of the Love at First Flight participants and she is not wearing her wedding ring. I'm glad she left the putz but so, so angry at these 'experts' for pairing her with douche Ryan, who may or may not be an alcoholic.

And then there is this from Reddit....
    Click to see Spoiler:

Just a couple of things I asked about that were able to be cleared up today. I'll start with something shocking that no one could have guessed!!!!! 

•Ryan rubbed a lot of the crew the wrong way. They didn't get involved in the relationship obviously, but, BTS they were rooting for Jaclyn to dump him because they could not stand him. If I were to say what the sources relayed about the crew and Ryan, I would be breaking the rules... 

•Seems that Jaclyn's personality is (was?) a perfect match for Ryan and she was able to be patient with him in a way that no one else could be and was able to keep trying for the chance at love.

•Molly felt like she had zero chemistry from day 1 with Jon. What she said on the honeymoon seems to have been grasping at straws to justify her unwillingness to be with him.

•Jon gave his cat to one of the producers that cat apparently took a liking to, thinking that it would be forever with Molly because he really liked her. He got the cat back after they split. 

•This is more speculation, but it seems to fit with what we now know, so I'm putting it in this time: The threesome argument was an early attempt of Jon's to get Molly to be real on camera. She kept saying she was willing to try, just moved slowly in relationships, and he was like: "That threesome, though!" So coming from feeling rejected and her not being real with him, he brought it up, and it seems he did bring out some real from Molly as she told him "Go f*** yourself", which is a good euphemism for her whole attitude toward their relationship. 

•Pretty much everything Molly said on camera about her relationship with Jon was fake. The crew had an idea that Molly was turning cold when the cameras went off, the experts had no idea (only Jon's word), and Jon finally filmed her so they could see what he was talking about.

•Jon, looking so strongly for love, may have been a little naïve here to have been fooled by her on-camera performance and not realize earlier on that the off-camera Molly wasn't just colder and "needed time" like she would say, but completely uninterested in him. (Just my own question; but I wonder if Jon being so thoroughly rejected by someone he liked was new to him?)

•Molly and Jon's Twitter friendliness: They're both very conscious of their image and how they would be portrayed on TV and social media. On top of that, one source speculates, but truly believes that after Jon stopped showing interest in Molly is when she finally became interested in him.

•Finally, just a note about the editing: It was mostly done to get around MoJo's living separately and then the catastrophe we are going to witness tonight. The other couples are fairly straightforward except where they interact with MoJo and some other smaller things (of course).

Great spoilers!
    Lizard likes this.

I love how Ryan and Jephte were all, everything is cool! Best day ever! We are great! Then John is like, yeah my marriage sucks and it's over... so sorry to be a downer. Screeching tires and suddenly Jephte confesses that after the corn maze he was thinking of throwing in the towel. And Ryan, oh delusional Ryan, keeps blaming everything on Jaclyn. I really liked all of these couples in the beginning. I wish they were better people as individuals. I want to root for people! I really do. I am so much more entertained by happiness than pettiness and nastiness. :/
    karna68 and Eastcoastmom like this.

Jephte's face as Ryan is rambling on about how he doesn't feel anything for Jacklyn and that, if she said yes on decision day and he didn't, he'd feel nothing says it all. Jephte has been slow to open up, but he has feelings and emotions and seems to understand that he has work to do to become a better communicator. Clearly, Ryan's got something missing in his character if he's not bothered by the idea of hurting someone, particularly one he's been in a relationship with AND who hasn't done anything to deserve that level of callousness. Jackie needs to RUN!

Voting again for a Second Chances season with Jon and Jackie!

That little black dog =
    karna68, Lizard, bamafan and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Shouldn't the experts screen for marriage impediments--alcoholism and psychological abusers? I guess the experts were blinded by their wishes or physical beauty.

I hope Jephte and Shawniece have their happily ever after. I love Shawniece.
    Last edited by Lizard; 04-18-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    bamafan and Coco46 like this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Horrible episode, such a downer. And a very dragged out downer.
    And Molly has no self-awareness whatsoever. I like Jamie Otis as an interviewer, but I thought she was far too easy on Molly & really gave her a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Shouldn't the experts screen for marriage impediments--alcoholism and psychological abusers? I guess the experts were blinded by their wishes or physical beauty.

I hope Jephte and Shawniece have their happily ever after. I love Shawniece.
    Me too. I love how she yells 'Jephte!!' when she's talking to him and he's being playful.

I do NOT understand Ryan at all. I think there is something wrong with him emotionally. Was he hurt badly in his past? It is obvious as to why he hasn't been successful in love.
    Lizard, bamafan and Coco46 like this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Jephte's face as Ryan is rambling on about how he doesn't feel anything for Jacklyn and that, if she said yes on decision day and he didn't, he'd feel nothing says it all. Jephte has been slow to open up, but he has feelings and emotions and seems to understand that he has work to do to become a better communicator. Clearly, Ryan's got something missing in his character if he's not bothered by the idea of hurting someone, particularly one he's been in a relationship with AND who hasn't done anything to deserve that level of callousness. Jackie needs to RUN!

Voting again for a Second Chances season with Jon and Jackie!

That little black dog =
    The bolded made me SO angry. What the heck is wrong with Ryan? Has he no feelings at all? He does not realize how lucky he is to have such a kind, patient partner in Jackie. Jackie wants so badly to be married that she is willing to ignore the obvious red flags that are so numerous in their relationship. Ryan seems very self-centered to me. Jackie is so even keeled. When they have a disagreement she never gets angry but is very calm and tries to articulate her feelings but Ryan is a dense dunce, I am afraid. Also, he does not truly LISTEN to her. You can almost see his eyes glaze over when she is speaking to him.

When Jackie got back from Taco Tuesday and he was putting dishes into the dw, he didn't even want to kiss her. He gave her his cheek so as to not get lipstick on his face. Who does that? Certainly not a man who has feelings for his partner! And then she said to let the dishes wait and let's talk. And then Ryan dropped a bombshell that he was still undecided as to their future on Decision Day and you could see how defeated she was. She knew they had had their ups and downs but did not think divorce was on the table at that time. She was so blindsided and hurt. She turned in for the night and he picked up his beer to finish it. I don't know why his drinking bothers me so much as I am not against social drinking, but his seems excessive to me. That and all the nights he wants to hang out with buddies. I think Ryan thought that marriage would be having a warm body to come home to and not having to put anything into the marriage, but perhaps sex.

Don't understand what the argument in the car was all about between Jephte and Shawniece. They argue a lot. I hope they make it. I think Jephte is at a huge disadvantage being that he is still a bit young at 26 and has had NO relationships prior to Shawniece. That, and the fact that his parents were not the best role models about what a relationship (they are not married) should look like.

Molly and John....Saw Molly on Unfiltered and she really twists things around. Saying how much she gave of herself. Please girl. If she wasn't feeling it, fine, nobody is owed sex, but she was giving Jon mixed signals all along. Feelings/attractions are not going to grow unless you take even some baby steps. She never held his hand, never even wanted to kiss, except for a few chaste pecks we saw her give him on the cheek. If she truly felt he was disgusting and made her skin crawl, she should have just been cordial to him on and off camera and politely and respectfully told him in private that it was just not going to work. Instead she gave him false hope.

Jon's mom....wow, she is one cold- hearted mom. Jon saying he is now homeless and jobless and his mom jokes about taking some cardboard boxes out of the basement to live in. Yeah, she was joking, but that came off as super cold. He needed some warmth, affection and encouraging words.
    Lizard and bamafan like this.

+ Reply to Thread