+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103104105106107108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1132
Like Tree1750Likes

Thread: Married At First Sight

Re: Married At First Sight

The groom who is a teacher looks really uncomfortable while his new wife is giving him a lap dance at the wedding while mama is watcing!
    woodiedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    The groom who is a teacher looks really uncomfortable while his new wife is giving him a lap dance at the wedding while mama is watcing!
    I haven't watched it, but that sounds just generally uncomfortable in my opinion. I get that they are married, but she's only just met him, and that reeks of trying too hard.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

This is the first time I watched this. I hope a couple of these couples make it.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I haven't watched it, but that sounds just generally uncomfortable in my opinion. I get that they are married, but she's only just met him, and that reeks of trying too hard.
    He seems much more conservative than her, too. She has no problem saying inappropriate things right away, so the lap dance didn't surprise me. Not only was he uncomfortable with that happening in front of his mother, he is also a teacher and is probably concerned how he would be viewed on TV. Something like that could cause someone to lose their job.
    Coco46 likes this.

I am enjoying Unfiltered too. I think Jamie Otis does a good job as the host. And Dr. Pepper is a newlywed!
    I remember pix of Dr. Pepper & her then-husband from her early days as a prof at the University of Washington. She was very beautiful, and they were a magical couple who seemed to have it all.

I feel bad for the one married to Jeffte. She is an important person and he is trying to bring her down by calling her a stranger. Perhaps belittling her makes him feel important.......
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

I know they kept saying the psychologist Jessica Griffin was new to this show, but she looked so familiar to me. I was thinking she had previously been on here, but they said it was her first time. Finally, I realized she was the psychologist on the 7 Year Switch show. It was really bugging me.

I like Jephte and feel for him. His wife came on too strong too soon, esp. with that lap dance. If she would only settle down, take it a little slow. He seems quite shy and wonder why they were paired. I guess I will hold judgement on their pairing until I see how the season unfolds.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Maybe Jephte is shy and yes, Shaunice needs to knock it off with the m@sturbation talk, but he needs to STOP calling her a stranger over and over again. We get it dude: you just met. You don't know her very well. BUT, you signed up for this and you need to get to know her. His hammering that word repeatedly is clearly really hurtful to her AND it's keeping him in the head space of her being a stranger. If he keeps labeling her as "stranger" in his head, he'll never let himself relax and get to know her.

I will never understand why people who claim to have a hard time opening up to people willingly sign up for this show. IMO, the first time they admit that, the experts should remove them from consideration.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It doesn't appear at the moment to be a good match. I think they thought her openness would help overcome his shyness.

She's way over-the-top, leaning towards being crass (and over the line a couple of times, IMO). I can understand him being uncomfortable with some of her behavior without counting in his shyness.

I have no idea why someone who knows they take a long time to open up would think this is a show they should participate in. He is not a good fit in that aspect. He's not wrong that they are strangers, but he doesn't seem to want to look at her as anything other than that. Rather than keep remarking on their stranger-state he needs to start asking questions and having conversations with her so they don't stay strangers.

+ Reply to Thread