+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NY Med on ABC

NY Med on ABC

I'm not sure if others are watching this or not. I really like it. It was on last season too and I recall wishing they had more episodes. Dr. Oz appears on it, as it is filmed at the hospital he works at. He actually performs surgeries on this show. His best work, IMO.

They focus on the lives of real patients who are being treated in the hospitals in NY.

One of my favorite doctors featured is a young, female, urologist! There aren't that many. Most of male. I really like her.

It comes on Thursday nights at 10:00 and I'm not sure if it's available ON Demand. I don't think it is repeated, but it may be available on line. Here's their link:

Watch NY Med TV Show - ABC.com
    football_chick and momrek06 like this.

FORT Newbie

Re: NY Med on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not sure if others are watching this or not. I really like it. It was on last season too and I recall wishing they had more episodes. Dr. Oz appears on it, as it is filmed at the hospital he works at. He actually performs surgeries on this show. His best work, IMO.

They focus on the lives of real patients who are being treated in the hospitals in NY.

One of my favorite doctors featured is a young, female, urologist! There aren't that many. Most of male. I really like her.

It comes on Thursday nights at 10:00 and I'm not sure if it's available ON Demand. I don't think it is repeated, but it may be available on line. Here's their link:

Watch NY Med TV Show - ABC.com

I watched and liked it last season, and am watching this season too. I thought it probably wasn't the best idea for Doctor Oz to operate when his finger was broken though it turned out ok. I like the urologist too, she seems down to earth and I was squirming for her last night having to have that talk with her patient about his prognosis. I like that it's kind of gritty, but that they show that in a matter-of-fact way, and then get on with the main stories they follow. I was really happy for that woman who was finally told her tumor was operable. It's a good show, I look forward to watching it.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

I am really enjoying this show! Last week and this week! Two great episodes.

Geez the young man in the plane crash. I think he said he was in the hospital for 30 days.

Yes, the young Urologist has a wonderful bedside manner.
    BOY, she certainly let her "hair down" when she went out with her friends. lol

The craziness in the ER when the shooting victim came in was mayhem.

Last week, I love the MD in the Newark, NJ ER! He had a fabulous personality. Do you remember when that drunk unruly man was in the ER and punched the MD? Oh damn.
    KAREN

I recall an unruly patient in the ER that you could hear, but they didn't show his face. Was that the same one?

I can't imagine having my foot out of joint! Man, that always amazes me how bizarre that looks and then they just pop it back into place.

Love this show. It's kind of like "Cops," but with doctors.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I'm really enjoying it , too. I didn't see the first season and may go back and see it OnDemand. I've heard the name "Dr. Oz", but had never watched him in anything before. I like him and all of the other Docs. I initially felt sorry for the ER nurse who was fired for sending out pics from the ER, but since she had been warned about it more than once you just have to wonder what's wrong with her that she'd continue?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I recall an unruly patient in the ER that you could hear, but they didn't show his face. Was that the same one?
    Nope. Now this was in the FIRST episode. They were in a Newark, NJ hospital.

This elderly man you could plainly see. He was on a stretcher in the hallway being very loud and you could tell he was very drunk.

Several attendants were around him and the ER MD came over and was talking so nicely to the man. And then the man just hauled off and smashed him in the nose.

The staff was shocked BUT the Doc told the camera, "they will never let me forget this"!!! The ER staff actually made some kind of funny collection jar for money for him to fix his nose.

OMG the man with the ANKLE......Eeek.
    KAREN

I really enjoy this show. I'm on twitter and follow a bunch of medical professionals on there (of various types) and the whole photograph in the ER thing with Katie has really started some discussions on there with some of them regarding what is and isn't ok to talk about on social media regarding patients etc. Which I think is a good thing.
    Punkin likes this.

I love this show! This is the first season I have watched. I loved the show with the patient who had been in the military, and they operated on his heart that was five times the size of a normal heart. It was a very successful, happy ending.
    Jezebella likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've found that I spend a lot of time being nauseated at what is going on. I'm getting more delicate in my old age!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast