+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: BOTCHED on E!

BOTCHED on E!

Is anyone watching this show? SUNDAY's at 10pm

I have seen two episodes and wow, I am just impressed with the expertise of both Dr. Terry DuBrow (Heather's hubby of RHoOC) and Dr. Paul Nassif, (ex of Adrienne Maloof of RHoBH).

Botched | E! Online
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

Re: BOTCHED on E!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Is anyone watching this show? SUNDAY's at 10pm

I have seen two episodes and wow, I am just impressed with the expertise of both Dr. Terry DuBrow (Heather's hubby of RHoOC) and Dr. Paul Nassif, (ex of Adrienne Maloof of RHoBH).

Botched | E! Online
    I've seen both eps, momrek.

Never watched either the OC or BH HW shows, so I didn't have a CLUE that these guys are/were the husbands of two of those ladies.

I HAD actually heard of Dr. Terry DuBrow before, though, so I KNEW he was a heavy hitter in the plastic surgery world.

After seeing these shows, I can well and truly understand WHY.

These guys CLEARLY know what they're doing. I was SO impressed with Dr. D's fix of the lady with the uniboob, and Dr. N's fix of the guy's messed-up nose.

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL work.

It also impressed me when they went to the Ken doll's house and told him, basically, "Thanks, but NO thanks!" to becoming a part of his master plan to continue physically redoing himself and deigning to ALLOW them the "honor" of being his "tailors". That they didn't straight up laugh in his face, then tell him to go straight to hell spoke volumes to me about what gentlemen they are. I've seen the Ken doll on a TLC show before, and frankly, I think he's got more than just one or two screws loose behind that (probably) plastic forehead of his.

I liked it, too, when they said no to the Chinese lady who wanted them to give her back her Chinese eyes.

Good stuff!

The only time I had a WTF moment about one of the docs themselves was when Dr. D agreed to op on Janice Dickinson's boobs.

Janice is a loony. No other way to say it. Sorry. I rapidly tired of her and her mouth and attitude when she was on ANTM and didn't shed tear one when she was booted off there.

IIRC, Dr. D had misgivings before taking her on as a patient because of her past history of substance abuse and his concern that she'd be a haaaard pain management row to hoe because of that. Well, she wound up giving him MUCH more than he bargained for. But bless his heart, he unloaded on her when he needed to --- exactly in the WAY that he needed to do it! --- after it became plain that that was the only way he MIGHT be able to get through to her and keep her from SERIOUSLY messing herself up and possibly getting very sick or killing herself.

While under HIS care, BTW.

So, even though his taking her on in the first place didn't make me feel like doing jumpy claps, I WILL give him that he brought it to her when he clearly needed to, so it worked itself out.

Bet he wound up with a gray hair --- or twenty! --- from taking that pig on in the FIRST place, THOUGH!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'LL larn 'im!

I plan on trying to hang in with this show, because I like BOTH the docs, and I find what they do to be absolutely FASCINATING!
    Last edited by ness; 07-03-2014 at 02:14 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Janice is a loony. No other way to say it. Sorry. I rapidly tired of her and her mouth and attitude when she was on ANTM and didn't shed tear one when she was booted off there.
    She needs to stop. Seeing her up close, she looks like a drag queen, a bad one..
    holly71, ness and short_lived like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She needs to stop. Seeing her up close, she looks like a drag queen, a bad one..
    The "World's FIRST Supermodel!" or NOT . . .

Seems to me like she's a 14-carat freak with serious issues that go WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY beyond substance abuse and an addictive personality.

(And for anybody that actually buys into that WFS title Janice keeps endlessly throwing around, I've got some land I'd like to sell you!)
    holly71 and Punkin like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    The "World's FIRST Supermodel!" or NOT . . .

Seems to me like she's a 14-carat freak with serious issues that go WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY beyond substance abuse and an addictive personality.

(And for anybody that actually buys into that WFS title Janice keeps endlessly throwing around, I've got some land I'd like to sell you!)
    Yes...seriously! I have never had breast implants but I have had 2 breast lumpectomies. The last thing I thought about was going to the gym or a party. All I wanted was ice, a pillow, my couch & ginger ale. I was so sick from the pain meds I stopped taking them.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Bunny . . .

I've had my share of surgeries, too. And EVERYTHING you said re last thoughts about where to go, what you want, etc., are TOTALLY true. I can even relate to what you said about being so sick from the pain meds that you had to stop taking them.

But, then, you had to deal with the consequence of being in so much pain that you couldn't even take a deep breath, much LESS cry, talk, speak or yell.

Janice, I suspect, behaves and does most or all of what she does so as to keep "relevant", keep her face and name "out there", since she is one HELL of a LONG way from "Supermodel" status (???), now.

I'm just sorry that Doc T actually took her on as patient, in the first place.

Oh, well . . .

The more I see of this show, the more I like and respect the docs. Even though Doc T does ALL body parts, it impressed me that he was secure enough to call in Doc Gary (?) to handle that young lady's nether regions, because he knew that doc was THAT good.

Also, it moved ME to tears when that young lady with the majorly screwed-up nose started bawling when she saw herself, and Doc P started bawling, too.

I liked that the docs turned Renee (with the messed-up rear end) down, because she has BDD. And I thought Renee handled the shelving like a champ. Classy. SO unlike Justin, the Ken doll.

Yep, I DO believe I'll be tuning in to this one, again!

Oh, and a thought just hit me about Janice.

Back in her heyday, I CLEARLY remember her.

She was preternaturally beautiful. Nope, no boobs. THAT was no lie. But that was what was "in" back in the day, so yep, she had the "look" and she EARNED every ducat she made with it.

Supermodel?

No way in HELL do I EVER recall her being referred to by that term.

In THIS lifetime, or any OTHER.

Even though I knew who she was back then, knew her name, and ADORED her pics.

But then again, that's a lie she's told so much, for so many years, that she actually BELIEVES it.
    momrek06 likes this.

The lady with the butt implant I am glad she was told to seek therapy. The look of that cone like thing further lets me know Kenya from RHATL has a bad implant too. Why as women we are so thirsty for a man we carve ourselves up is just so sad.
    momrek06 and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I LOVE Dr Paul and Dr Terry together! They are obviously good at what they do, but their banter with each other and their patients is also great. I was leery about Janice and how her sobriety would play out with her physical recovery, but glad that she pulled thru. I will continue to watch the show.
    Punkin, ness and momrek06 like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I just watched Sunday's episode.

Oh my, the girl with the butt. Ugh. Me too, I am glad she has opted for therapy.
    I would be in TEARS if that was me.

The poor girl with the botched nose. She looked awesome when Dr. Terry and Paul were done.

Kimber's boobs were in backwards.....or they had flipped or whatever.......ugh.

Those two MD's are surgical genius'! I am amazed watching them.

I have never had any plastic surgeries but watching this program shows how things can go very wrong.

There must be some really bad plastic surgeons out there.

The girl with the botched nose, went BACK to the same surgeon even though he botched her nose the first time.
    THEN again for a second time. Poor thing (Jenn) could barely BREATHE. ugh.
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast