+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rising Star (ABC)

Re: Rising Star (ABC)

Two west coast saves this week, which was interesting to me over here ON the west coast. They apparently watch the feed in the green room with those who didn't make it, and both of the ones who were really close "we" gave it to, followed by cut-ins live when it happened (though they still showed the judges' critiques). I don't know how they're going to deal with the head to head duels in a couple of weeks that Josh mentioned, but the save does make it feel better out here....

I really had high hopes for this but it really isn't all that

I have only voted yes for 2 acts tonight...sad.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Even though I didn't give a good review of the first episode I watched, I've still been watching the show since there's nothing else on at that time.

I'm looking forward to the duels starting next week.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Has anyone seen them explain how the duels work? What happens if they lose on the east coast but win on the west coast? Do both come back? Does one come back? Is it averaged? This show is confusing.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

not sure, but I liked the Duels better than the auditions.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The ratings on some of those duels were awfully low. 69% wouldn't have gotten them through in the audition phase.

I was confused about the duels as well. So if one singer rates higher on the east coast but then the other singer rates higher on the west coast, how do they determine who won?? What if both singers in a duel score below 69% and all the other dueling partners score higher than them. Are they both out because they got the lowest score of the night or is only the lowest scoring one of that twosome out?

I think the show made things more complicated than it needed to be with the stupid west coast/east coast thing. If Rising Star gets another season (which I kind of doubt at this point), I hope they'll change it to just ONE call-in audience base instead of separating the votes by coast.

My favorite singer so far is the guy who sang "Whipping Post" last night. I hope he wins this season.
    Jezebella likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I'm finally caught up and now it's down to 4. I guess there's not enough interest on the FORT to bring Rising Star to the front page. I kinda like the format however the West Coast save is sometimes not fair. Here were the final 6 contestants:

Audrey Kate Geiger, 24, New York, NY
    Austin French, 20, Tifton, GA
    Dana Williams, 24, Los Angeles, CA
    Jesse Kinch, 20, Seaford, NY
    Joshua Peavy, 28, Soperton, GA
    Maneepat Molloy, 16, Los Angeles, CA

I think what they should have done is to total the East and West votes to determine the last contestant to make the next round. Like tonite for example, Audrey was saved by the West coast over Joshua by 1% but he won in the East coast by 3%. If you total the votes, Joshua actually won by 1%.

I think it's Jesse Kinch's game to lose. As for Maneepat, I can't believe she even made it this far. She should have been eliminated last week but was saved by a fraction of a % by the West Coast over Shameia who won the East votes against her and should have moved on if you total the votes.

Here are the results:

Jesse Kinch – 83%
    Austin French – 81%
    Dana Williams – 75%

Joshua Peavy – 72%
    Audrey Kate Geiger – 69%
    Manapeet Malloy – 27%

West Coast save:
    Audrey Kate Geiger – 68% (all judges voted yes)
    Joshua Peavy – 67% (Ludacris voted NO because he wanted for Dana to move on and Audrey saved by West Coast)
    Manapeet Malloy – 36% (Ludacris voted NO)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

For me, the best thing going for this show is Josh Groban!!! And I do like the interactive concept and the wall of faces. Very cool. BUT, I can't get through a full episode each week cause the talent level just isn't very good --- and I don't particularly care for any of the judges. I'd love to see them try again next season with some really outstanding performers and without Ludacris!
    Jezebella likes this.

I watched it every week, hoping it would improve. I've been underwhelmed. If it's lucky enough to have a return season I probably won't be watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast