+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rising Star (ABC)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Rising Star (ABC)

This show definitely keeps the viewers interactive and eyes on your TV at all times. No watching on DVR and liberal use of the FF. That makes it innovative for sure. The talent? I only liked the last girl and didn't particularly like the song she sang live, but the one she sang in her video package. I'll pass, but wanted to check it out, I'm nosy like that. Groban is quite the little host, I like his self-deprecating humor.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The show sounded innovative so I checked it out, but the talent was below par and I can't see tuning in for what is basically karaoke at a neighborhood bar. Glad they found a way to include the west coast though.
    sparklete likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think the bar was set pretty low for the first couple of acts. If those contestants had appeared later in the show, they probably wouldn't have been let through. I'm glad the couple and the boy band didn't pass. The couple were the worst of the night. His guitar playing was bad, they were out of tune, and her stage dancing was atrocious. They have a lot to learn if they're going to make it in the music business. The boy band might be better once they mature. Right now, some of them have such high-pitched voices, it was unpleasant to listen to.

Again with the sob stories. So I'm supposed to vote for people because I feel sorry for them even if they have no talent? I don't think so!

I gave it a try, but It just didn't grab me. If I watch it again, it will only be because nothing else is on. Or I will just record it and watch snippets.

I watched some of it. A LOT of commercials. I saw 4 or 5 singers, nobody really interested me. No chance I'm voting if you have to use FB or Twitter. Might or might not watch more. I am getting a little burned out on the singing competitions, but I do like Brad Paisley and Josh Groban is a little cutie.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I recorded it and watched a little of it. I only did that because I adore Josh Groban. But this show isn't for me/us
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    And in case some aren't aware, you have to log in to Facebook or Twitter to vote. No thanks! I don't have Twitter, and I only use FB to send birthday greetings to friends. LOL
    Well, that kills it for me because I closed my Facebook account years ago and don't Twit or Twitter. Plus I don't know any of the judges and only like Groban as a performer. It's why I never got into American Idol, I just didn't like the judges. Love The Voice though, because I like the judges.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't generally vote on viewer voting shows. I just watch the show for the entertainment.

I watched last week and am watching this week. But if the performances don't get better I won't be watching again.

they really don't have very good singers. I am surprised it isn't better.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast