+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet

Re: My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet

Jackson bio "Cat Daddy" has a series of the tips he gives on the programs, set off as inserts so easy to spot. Might be worth checking out.

Jackson works a lot with flower essences although he rarely mentions them (that's intentional, perhaps there is some conflict of interest). You could take a look at the listings on his website.
    wannasee likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't think this counts as a reality show. Have you tried looking in the non-reality tv shows forum to see if there's a thread for it there?

Why would it not count as a reality show? You can't script cats and Jackson is for sure real. I think it should stay right here. It's not a scripted drama or comedy. I can't imagine where else it might go???
    Critical and Allie like this.

It's a reality show. It's in the right forum
    Punkin, Brooks and Allie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Anyone know if the show has provided suggestions for a cat who doesn't use her litter box? Yeah. I'm the lucky owner of the little &$@)....she's cute as all get out though so we deal with it

I saw an episode about this in which a cat was urinating against the wall by an outdoor window as a way of marking his/her (can't recall what sex it was) territory when outdoor cats came by.

We don't have that issue and the cat pees EVERYWHERE....not just against walls with windows.

I've tried everything...different litter, etc.

Jexter, that's something the show deals with a lot. To correct it you usually need to figure out why. For that Jackson recommends being a "pet detective". It probably isn't everywhere, if behavioral there is probably a pattern. One step would be placing a marker of some kind wherever and whenever it happens as a way to identify that pattern.

I just cut to the chase and work with really excellent animal communicators. It's likely to be the most cost effective and quickest solution. Communication helps identify whether it's strictly behavioral (and a way to find out what the stressor is) or whether something medical might be going on. If there is a urinary track problem then it often hurts, sometimes a lot, to pee. Then a cat is very likely to try to avoid that place where it hurt, like the litter box. The main causes of medical issues are inappropriate food (like dry) and stress, but stress can be enough.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I guess I just don't see it as a reality show because it's not a competitive reality show, with cats living together, participating in challenges, and being voted off.

I see it more as an animal show, like Wild Kingdom.

Anyway, I do love the show! I don't always agree with Jackson's assessment of the situation but he does end up producing results. I wish he had been around back when I had problem animals that my parents and I ended up re-homing. We might have been able to fix the problem instead of resorting to giving the animals away.

Tonight's episode features the family that called 911 a few months ago because the cat started attacking everyone and they had to shut themselves in the bedroom. I can't wait to see how Jackson handles it!

Crazed kitty attacks baby, forces family to call 911 - KPTV - FOX 12
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    You can't script cats
    This had my coworkers and I rolling! Truer words were never said! ;-)

Although I would definitely watch if they could do what pikachu said!
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    it's not a competitive reality show, with cats living together, participating in challenges, and being voted off.
    Bring it on! I have two kickass cats who are ready to give it a try.
    Punkin, Miss_Griss and wannasee like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast