+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: I Wanna Marry Harry (FOX, Tuesdays 9PM ET)

I Wanna Marry Harry (FOX, Tuesdays 9PM ET)

What the heck, let's start a thread for this, just for giggles!

Reality meets romance, with a little twist, in the surprising dating show I WANNA MARRY “HARRY,” premiering Tuesday, May 20 at 9/8c. Summer love is in the air, as an average English “bloke” is given the royal treatment and an upper crust makeover before meeting 12 single American women searching for Prince Charming. Will he be able to convince them he's regal? And if he does, will they fall for the crown, or fall in love with the real him? Join “Harry” as he courts each of the ladies, taking them on romantic dates worthy of a princess and trying to make some version of their fairytales come true.
    I Wanna Marry "Harry" on FOX

-----------------------------

Anyone watching?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: I Wanna Marry Harry (FOX, Tuesdays 9PM ET)

I may watch it OnDemand. This is why people make fun of Americans. What kind of half wit would believe this guy is Harry? I guess I can watch the show and SEE the half wits
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I watched the last half of this... it promises to be bloody awful. Our "Harry" has already proven himself to have horrific taste in women as well; the girl he chose to go home was beautiful and decent, and the girl he chose for the royal suite is about as flaky and irritating as they get.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

FORT Newbie

Proves how ignorant and gullible that generation is. To actually believe, first of all that Harry would actually BE on a reality show. And secondly that it would be one to potentially find him a WIFE, is ridiculous. To actually believe that shows how stupid and self centered these women are. It's a train wreck and I'll be watching just to see the disaster that is coming!
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Have not watched and will not. Saying that don't you think these girls are wanna be actress's and this is reality tv trying to grab viewers?
    There's no place like home!

LOL, I did see the Ad's for this! Oh it started already. LOL. It looks hysterical all these young ladys thinking the dude IS Harry!!! LOL
    KAREN

I didn't watch it, instead leaning toward the season finales of Ink Master and Dancing with the Stars.

That said, I do have to say that this is sad in that folks would seriously think that this gentleman is Harry. If these women would use their critical thinking skills, they'd realize he wouldn't a. as mentioned be on a reality TV show, b. would think that Harry, as much as a partier he is, wouldn't do some of the things they're going to probably have him do, and c. you would have to be approved by the queen, and it's difficult when you are a commoner or seen as lower class. Yes, Duchess Katherine was a commoner, but she exuded class, elegance and proper royal etiquette. Most of these contestants won't show the same qualities.

They'd been better off with another "Joe Millionaire," but I think ironically these folks would've figured it out a bit faster there, and sadly that's worse. (I did however like both Joe's, especially the second one, who was classy to the end and made a great friend even if they didn't stay together).

After the second episode, I think I've taken liking to Kimberly; she just seems to have her head screwed on straight. I think I like Maggie as well; despite her possible problem with alcohol, she seems to be frank and earnest.

Might just be the editing, but some of the competitors just come across as people I'd tell, "See you next Tuesday", particularly Anna Lisa and Meghan; I mean, the editors can't put words into the mouths of the competitors, but I assume producers can manipulate situations to where certain things are more likely to happen.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I'm watching.. have watched both episodes and find it a fascinating train wreck. Do these poor girls have any idea how moronic and materialistic they are coming across? It's absolutely unreal!

I'd like to know some detail about the house where they are filming. It looks like a mini Downton Abbey/ Highclere Castle.

My favorite parts so far were in episode 2, where 1) they show Matt topless in bathing trunks and we hear Rose say something like, "he's uummm, very pale, more pale than I normally like.... but he's still hot." Then 2) the pageant girl who gets sent home displays her sour grapes and says, "He's a ginger with bad teeth anyway." But wait, he was "so hot" before he sent you packing! LMAO. This show is priceless. Poor Matt. I hope he comes out of this all OK!
    Dragonlady likes this.

I watched for about 10 minutes then I just couldn't take any more. Pure drivel.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast