+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Alaskan Bush People (Discovery)

Re: Alaskan Bush People (Discovery)

Bear said that he was bashing the fish in the head to knock it out so it would not suffer. It was way overkill though, IMO.

I watched the episode from this past Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. and it was the one where they take off on a boat, daughter sees dentist, and the their boat sinks. They did not show another upcoming episode, so I think it's done.

The one I recorded and watched on Tuesday was called Flight or Fight. That's also the name of the NEW episode listed on my guide for June 8. The other episodes that night are not new. That one is listed as NEW. So, that also leads me to believe it was the finale. I'll try to locate more info, because I still do not believe this is real.......................... .............................. ....

Okay. I found it. They supposedly are real people. And Fight or Flight is the last episode for now.

Alaskan Bush People (TV Show) - Alaska Wiki

I think they are actually homeless drifters and not Bush people. There are many other shows about subsistence dwellers in Alaska, but this family doesn't resemble them.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-07-2014 at 08:49 AM.

...The one I recorded and watched on Tuesday was called Flight or Fight. That's also the name of the NEW episode listed on my guide for June 8. The other episodes that night are not new. That one is listed as NEW. So, that also leads me to believe it was the finale...
    Except, the show that airs this evening (which I atually think is new and the finale) is listed as: Alaskan Bush People: Off the Grid

You may want to DVR it...just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Except, the show that airs this evening (which I atually think is new and the finale) is listed as: Alaskan Bush People: Off the Grid

You may want to DVR it...just in case.
    Yes, the last one we did see was just called "Fight or Flight". Here is the description for that one: Alaskan Bush People: Fight or Flight (Which by now we have all seen.)

A confrontation on the Browns property shuts down production and forces them to make a big decision.

The episode tinderbox is posting about is called Alaskan Bush People: Off the Grid, Fight or Flight

Full of wild facts, tweets and bonus scenes - Catastrophe arrives at the Brown family's door, forcing the family and the production team to make big changes.

So looks like there is one more but more of a behind the scenes episode.
    KAREN

Thanks for that. This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. If they are for real, it's sad. That is no life for a child. That little girl is being deprived of safe shelter, food, heat, routine medical care, education, etc. It's not right. I hope someone cares enough to track her down and get her some help.

Interesting take from the local news. Apparently these is some question about whether shots were even fired. Also, as I have seen in a number of other shows that claim to take place in the "remote Alaskan wilderness", this place wasn't so isolated.
    Digging for the reality behind 'Alaskan Bush People' claims of gunfire | Alaska Dispatch

I ran across multiple articles which made offhand comparisons between this family to the infamous "Papa Pilgrim" family, which I hope they find truly concerning! Robert Hale (aka "Papa Pilgrim") moved his family (wife and 15 kids) to an actual remote area and kept them almost completely isolated. He came up against the government when he decided he wanted to bulldoze national park land to make a road to his homestead. It was later discovered he had been abusing his kids for years.
    The Pilgrims, a family of Inholders in McCarthy, clear 13 miles of national park land | Pilgrim family | ADN.com
    After hellish abuse, Hale daughter fled 'Heaven' | Pilgrim family | ADN.com

FORT Newbie

I began watching this show and liked it, but don't know what to make of the truth of it. THe family has a facebook page, and a website that don't paint a picture of a family with nothing, it seems quite the opposite. Here is their website link. I don't know if the house they refer to is the one they supposedly lost, but they don't appear to be the destitute, homeless family the show is painting them to be. The Brown family - The Official Alaskan Wilderness Brown Family

I don't know what to make of it, maybe they are just like the show is making them look, maybe it's an act just for the show. Who knows, but it is/was an interesting show to watch, whatever the purpose of it was/is.
    Last edited by Shelleyrob; 06-12-2014 at 10:09 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Very interesting link. I haven't figured that crew out yet.

Those Alaskan people do make me wonder. There is no thread for Life Below Zero on National Geographic, but if you watch that you know of Chip and Agnes Hailstone. Can you believe they have a net worth of 1.5 million???????? I am shocked! The way they make it seem, they are about starving all the time so they're scrounging around for seal fat and whale blubber. I guess I was fooled! lol

Chip and Agnes Hailstone Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Those Alaskan people do make me wonder. There is no thread for Life Below Zero on National Geographic, but if you watch that you know of Chip and Agnes Hailstone. Can you believe they have a net worth of 1.5 million???????? I am shocked! The way they make it seem, they are about starving all the time so they're scrounging around for seal fat and whale blubber. I guess I was fooled! lol

I would never have guessed that by the way they are portrayed on the show. I love the Alaska shows, have watched most of them, but now wonder if anything that is shown is reality at all! At least with the show about the Kilcher family (Alaska: The Last Frontier) we knew from the start that there was fame and money in their backstory!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I love this show and am honestly surprised by the Hailstone's wealth. Although, I shouldn't be. Many people who appear to "have" money are in debt up to their eyeballs and others, who seem to be unable to rub two nickels together, are millionaires. As the old saying goes..you can't judge a book by it's cover. What the heck did Chip do for a living before he moved to Alaska? Hmmm...... Maybe Chip isn't the one with $$$. Possibly they've accumulated their wealth through the sale of land once owned by Agnes' forefathers? None of my business, but interesting.

I can't figure out why Life Below Zero doesn't have a thread on National Geographic.

+ Reply to Thread