+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Alaskan Bush People (Discovery)

Re: Alaskan Bush People (Discovery)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I've set my DVR to record the final episode. I look forward to watching it and posting my final impressions.
    Ya Debb, I agree with tinderbox, I FF through my future recordings and did not note a new show upcoming at all.

WHEN do you think the FiNALE is?

I would like to see it BUT I did erase ABP off my Series list.
    KAREN

I think it comes on this Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. The description appears to be the finale. I have set it to record.

I think it comes on this Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. The description appears to be the finale. I have set it to record.
    I don't think a season finale of any show would be shown outside of prime time.

I checked my DVR again, this morning. Is it possible a "new" and possible finale of the show will be broadcast on Sunday, June 8th at 9:00 p.m.? (central time) It's showing up that way.

Ok I went and did some digging.

Debb, the two episodes on June 4th you are posting about are repeats.

tinderbox, you are right. There appears to be one more episode on Sunday June 8th @10pm on Discovery.
    It is called "ALASKAN BUSH PEOPLE: OFF THE GRID".

Well it appears in the episode on Sunday there is a 'behind the scenes' look at that episode "Flight or Fight" when they were getting shot at and fled.
    The same epi where their boat sank.

THAT as I dig appears to be the finale.
    KAREN

I think what irks me about these people is their total ignorance about LIFE.

I mean even the Mom, I know this probably sounds dumb but does she have regular female medical care?
    Pap smears, Mamo's, etc. I doubt it. I felt badly for her as they all stood there on the pier and had LOST EVERYTHING.
    One of the boys was trying hard to even find Mom's purse. Mom was crying. I think she is sick and tired of this lifestyle.

AND what is Mom's schooling that she has the ability to homeschool those children? What are her Math, Science and Foreign Language skills, etc?
    IMHO it is so so so wrong to bring children into this world and not go beyond the call of duty to educate them. As well as make sure they have
    supreme medical care. Updated on all their shots, physicals. Including the proper dental care. AND if you find that is all a waste of time then
    DON'T HAVE CHILDREN. Just you and your partner go off into the wilderness and live your life.

Getting off my
    tinderbox and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

Thanks for the update on the finale. I wish I could see this last episode though.

I still wonder if this show is a hoax. I'm just having trouble buying it.

Thanks for the update on the finale. I wish I could see this last episode though.

I still wonder if this show is a hoax. I'm just having trouble buying it.
    Debb, you cannot see the last episode?

Its next week.

DISC at 10pm but I am sure it will repeat allot.

I am not sure if it is a hoax. I mean to see the Newspaper clippings about Billy losing his entire family. I bet that was very difficult for him to all of a sudden have NO Mom, Dad or Sister (who was a Beauty Queen).
    That is why he stated he never wanted his children to leave his side. Umm, Billy, life goes on. We have all experienced loss in our lives BUT life goes on.
    Its so wrong to have children and NOT allow them the opportunities in life to better themselves, get themselves educated and become a productive part of every day life.
    Last edited by momrek06; 06-03-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I have not watched this show. I saw a weird clip of it on The Soup where a young guy was talking about how he ran everywhere. It was very odd and did not make me want to watch the show.

I am generally skeptical of shows like this. From the comments here, it sounds like these people are pretty clueless. To truly survive in the Alaskan bush takes serious skill and commitment. Even if people do not have a lot of formal education, they need to have significant knowledge about survival (shelter, food preservation, etc) and their environment (plants, animals, hunting, fishing, etc). Just the fact that they are apparently starting over and over again rings false to me. That is an inefficient way to live and inefficiency and drama is not conducive to a survivalist lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I have not watched this show. I saw a weird clip of it on The Soup where a young guy was talking about how he ran everywhere. It was very odd and did not make me want to watch the show.

I am generally skeptical of shows like this. From the comments here, it sounds like these people are pretty clueless. To truly survive in the Alaskan bush takes serious skill and commitment. Even if people do not have a lot of formal education, they need to have significant knowledge about survival (shelter, food preservation, etc) and their environment (plants, animals, hunting, fishing, etc). Just the fact that they are apparently starting over and over again rings false to me. That is an inefficient way to live and inefficiency and drama is not conducive to a survivalist lifestyle.
    I think I got sucked in more for the 'are.you.kidding.me' factor. Kinda like you do with a train wreck.

I mean last week Merry Christmas (9yo) had a tooth ache. They looked for a dentist that will do a 'barter'. So while the parents took the little girl to the dentist, the older boys went salmon fishing to give the dentist.
    They had NO fishing equipment whatsoever and they ran around the water fully clothed PUNCHING the salmon until it was dead.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    They had NO fishing equipment whatsoever and they ran around the water fully clothed PUNCHING the salmon until it was dead.
    I believe this show even less after hearing this. Sounds like instead of "Alaskan Bush People" this show should be called "Crazy Nonsense Filmed in Alaska". Who would want to punch a salmon to kill it? That's both stupid and inhumane. Normal Alaskans carry fish bats and whack salmon over the head so they die instantly.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread