+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Alaskan Bush People (Discovery)

Re: Alaskan Bush People (Discovery)

Did anybody see last night's show?

All I can say is WTH? Are you kidding me? I just kept thinking it was beyond time for this family (the parents, really) to face a few truths and step back aboard the train of real life....as mundane as they think it may be.

How many more wake up calls do they need?

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I watched part of it . . . up until they showed them buying a boat in Juneau and heading to Ketchikan to look at land. What happened after that?

And WHY would people be shooting at them? I never did understand that.

I watched all of it. Of course, I'd never choose to live the way they do; I'm a concrete and cement city girl, but I do think it's their right to live as they choose. I don't understand why, but all of them seem to love it.

I think that was the last we'll see of them. They had almost no success to speak of and that's not what the network wants. I noticed there is a new show in that time period starting next week that has Russians and Americans in Siberia. I think it's called Siberian Cut. I play to take a look.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I watched part of it . . . up until they showed them buying a boat in Juneau and heading to Ketchikan to look at land. What happened after that?

And WHY would people be shooting at them? I never did understand that.
    They sold almost everything they owned to purchase the boat and venture back to the southeast part of Alaska. Then they went looking for land to, yet again, build another home. They were shown scouting around a deserted island which they thought was the perfect place to begin again. Unfortunately, one night as they were heading toward land, the boat hit something and sank! Thank goodness they were very close to land and a dock. Nobody was hurt but they lost what little they had left.

At the beginning of the episode, people were shooting at them because they (the Browns) were new to the area and suspicious/feared by a number of bush people who lived in the area. They were basically railroaded out of town.

...but I do think it's their right to live as they choose...
    I agree.

...I think that was the last we'll see of them.
    I agree with this, too. My guess is the Discovery Channel was obligated to broadcast what little they had already filmed.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 05-29-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    AZChristian likes this.

I missed it. I'll have to catch up. I'm surprised that people ran them out of town. A bunch of the locals showed up to help them complete their house. Why would they then run them away? Odd.

I don't know, of course, but I'm guessing it was a different group of people who definitely did not want to be seen on tv.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This show is weird. I actually wondered if it was a hoax type show and that these people were actors. Recall how that show about actual Mermaids was believed to be true by so many? lol

I just can't get over the different accents. Why would some of the younger ones have a different accent from their parents and older siblings? Where would they have gotten it from. They were around very few other people. If they are not actually from the same family, it might explain it.

The more I think about the family, the ages, the way of life, etc. The more I have doubts about this family being for real. Just a hunch.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-29-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Ya I am about done! I watched this season! I almost want to say their lifestyle leans to the abusive as far as the two young girls. "Merry Christmas Rain Drop" Brown.....(now that name is abusive) other young girl is "Snowbird" or Birdie!
    Rainy has a tooth ache and usually they just "pull the tooth out" whatttttttttt? Abusive

This continued lifestyle of "starting over" whatttttttt? A family of 9 continuing to start over, over and over and over again????? When do they go to school? I saw no books, no computers, nothing in the area of educating these kids.
    It does not appear like they have proper medical or dental care.

If this was about Bill, his wife and their older sons, that would be one thing but to have to see the two young girls in this way of life to me was sad. No friends, no formal schooling, ugh.
    KAREN

In one of the earlier episodes they show the mom teaching the youngest daughter from a book. She said she home schooled all of them......yeah, that's what she said. I really doubt it. I mean when you have no electricity and only a log to sit on, it's kind of difficult to get a good education.

Most of the family seems to need major dental work. It's such a shame for a young lady to be missing a front tooth. It has to be very emotionally disturbing to her.

I've set my DVR to record the final episode. I look forward to watching it and posting my final impressions.

I've set my DVR to record the final episode. I look forward to watching it and posting my final impressions.
    I didn't think there was an official "final" episode. Which day and time will it be aired? (It wasn't listed on my DVR....only repeats.) I've just got to see this trough to the end even though I think it's one of the weirdest shows I've seen in a long time.

+ Reply to Thread