+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: My Five Wives on TLC

My Five Wives on TLC

My Five Wives: TLC

Is anyone else watching this show?

Brady, the husband works a full time job as he owns a construction business with his brother (who is not a polygamist).

BUT just last week we found out he is going to college evenings to get a Philosophy degree.

WHATTTTT? I found that selfish. When he is home he is doing homework. Appears that he has little involvement with his 24 children.
    KAREN

Re: My Five Wives on TLC

I caught the first show last week, and will most likely catch the second later on sometime THIS week.

Yeah, I, TOO, wasn't thrilled about the homework dealio.

And with 24 kids????

Wow.

Frankly, I'm just waitin' for 'em to come up with THIS show:

"My TEN Wives and 64 Kids".

Wouldn't at ALL surprise me if THAT was being promoed before year's end.

Sheesh!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Yes they all live in the same home too. Just don't get it!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have no urge to watch this. They are so giggly and flippant on the commercials it drives me crazy! No I don't think your life style is cute!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Watching the second show. One of the wives wants to adopt, theoretically. This causes the other wives to thinking about having more kids. They each have 4+ kids of their own. I think 24 kids is enough.
    Yardgnome, tinderbox and sclilred1 like this.

Brady going back to college made me a little crazy. I applaud anyone who does it, but he's getting a philosophy degree. That seems crazy. That's not going to better him career wise. He's basically going to school and giving up time with his family to do this. This seems ridiculous. (Just to clarify, I have no problem with a philosophy degree, but not when you have 5 wives and 24 children).

I can't decide if I like this show. The women seem a lot better than the Browns, but they also seem more repressed. I get the feeling they don't interact much with each other.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I agree, Yardgnome. If he were going for a degree in Information Technology or something, that's one thing. But Philosophy?

I think the adoption/having another child scenario is resounding. The floodgates were opened when Brady allowed one of the wives to move forward with her desire to adopt a child. Some of these wives seem to receive validation by adding to their family size. Anything to bring them closer to their husband even if it will add more stress to the extended family, as a whole.

Just as I've witnessed on Sister Wives, jealousy is the underlying problem with these women. It's human nature!

I'm sorry, but I think it's stupid! Just an excuse for a horndog man to sleep with whomever he wants to and claim it's his "religion". These poor women have no self respect for agreeing to live like that. It's repulsive. They say gay marriage desecrates the sanctity of marriage, these people have completely obliterated it.

Brady and Kody are pigs it is just an excuse to sleep with many women. These women have no self esteem.
    libgirl2 and sclilred1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast