+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree1232Likes

Thread: Southern Charm on Bravo

Re: Southern Charm on Bravo

She does seem like a little girl playing dress-up (badly). But see I think her going out for a sit down with Jennifer Snowden to confront her about whether she had ever dated Thomas was completely ridiculous and psycho- I would never do that! I was just too focused on her terrible looks so I forgot to comment on that. She could look just as good as Cameran (who is a total natural beauty with a great non-psycho personality) if she just wayyyyyy toned it down. However I don't think her personality could be as easily changed.
    woodiedog and HighRoadGirl like this.

Like Cameran said "She's gone from a bar fly to Mrs. Doubtfire."
    I agree that her looks go from stunning and self confident to dull and depressed.
    HighRoadGirl likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    But see I think her going out for a sit down with Jennifer Snowden to confront her about whether she had ever dated Thomas was completely ridiculous and psycho- I would never do that! I was just too focused on her terrible looks so I forgot to comment on that.
    LOL!! Yeah, it was ridiculous but if Thomas was truthful with her about how he knew Jennifer, etc. and if Kathryn accepted his response, she would not have to gone to those lengths to find out what type of relationship they had. Thomas himself said in his TH that he's not given her the security she needs about his past. It's obvious he's still struggling to fully commit to family life - even without the element of marriage. He's gross IMO and doesn't do anything for me. His charm wouldn't work on me at all - it's too transparent. ICK!! LOL

I agree, Thomas is a total slimeball. I remember last season a scene with him and his father made my skin crawl
    (its hard to believe that wonderful bridge I love driving or running over is named after him blech)
    Punkin and Fo'Realz? like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I agree, he is a total slimeball. I remember last season a scene with he and his father made my skin crawl
    (its hard to believe that wonderful bridge I love driving or running over is named after him blech)
    Probably not named after him, but after his illustrious forbears? I hope!
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Probably not named after him, but after his illustrious forbears? I hope!
    nope, the Cooper River bridge aka the Arthur Ravenel Jr bridge was named after Thomas' father
    Punkin likes this.

the scene I am remembering between Thomas and his father last season was at a restaurant- they were leaving and discussing either paying the bill or leaving a tip or something, and were laughing about putting down a $5 bill, "yeah we don't like these Lincoln bills we need to get rid of those". I guess that is open to interpretation but I took it as some pretty thinly veiled ugliness- it turned my stomach. There are other reports online of similar behaviors by Thomas in the past as a younger man in more extreme forms. Obviously it may be rumors but I got the definite feeling his elitism may extend to some ugly places.
    Imperfect1 and Fo'Realz? like this.

I only watched the last 3 or 4 episodes from last season, so I don't know much about Thomas. But I think he should have known, coming from a moneyed family, the number one rule in the family catechism, "Use a Condom!" How in the heck did he not have "Caution!!, Danger Ahead!!" in mind when he learned at a dinner that she had slept with the entire group, excluding females?

But he did get 4% of the primary vote against Lindsey Graham, which is not bad for a convicted felon, unwed father. So, there's that.
    HighRoadGirl likes this.
    Lynda

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I only watched the last 3 or 4 episodes from last season, so I don't know much about Thomas. But I think he should have known, coming from a moneyed family, the number one rule in the family catechism, "Use a Condom!" How in the heck did he not have "Caution!!, Danger Ahead!!" in mind when he learned at a dinner that she had slept with the entire group, excluding females?

But he did get 4% of the primary vote against Lindsey Graham, which is not bad for a convicted felon, unwed father. So, there's that.
    LOL - cuz he's not thinking w/the head on top of his shoulders.
    Punkin and Fo'Realz? like this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

One of the big problems that T Rav faces in finding a suitable mate to settle down with, is that any woman who is intelligent enough to to handle the job of helping this mid-50's-self-indulgent-commitment-phobe-manchild become a man, worthy of trust and commitment,
    would also be intelligent enough to recognize that it's a lost cause and would not be inclined to waste her precious time and energy.

I don't have a high opinion of Kathryn, but it did seem that her maturity level (how old was she? 21 or so?) was pretty much on par with his, at least at the time when they first hooked up. He probably should have grabbed the chance to marry her while she was still dumb enough to settle for him.
    Last edited by Fo'Realz?; 04-04-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    mina and HighRoadGirl like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

+ Reply to Thread