+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree1232Likes

Thread: Southern Charm on Bravo

Re: Southern Charm on Bravo

Wow, I don't know who is more in never never land, Whitley or Craig! Neither one wants to man up and be an adult.
    Punkin and HighRoadGirl like this.

FORT Fan

Is Catherine in or out of this relationship ? she seems miserable....I bet she takes the baby ...goes home to her parents, hires a nanny and gets back out on the party seen. its seems she love her little girl and cares for her adoringly but she's young and I think she wans some of her old life back. not a pretty life to be in .
    Punkin likes this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soapluv View Post
    Is Catherine in or out of this relationship ? she seems miserable....I bet she takes the baby ...goes home to her parents, hires a nanny and gets back out on the party seen. its seems she love her little girl and cares for her adoringly but she's young and I think she wans some of her old life back. not a pretty life to be in .
    Yep - According to a recent article (March 12, 2015), they are living separately but they are co-parenting and trying to work out some sort of a mutually agreeable custody arrangement.

‘Southern Charm’ star Thomas Ravenel talks baby mama drama | New York Post

(Kathryn) Dennis is currently living with her parents, and the two reality stars are sharing parenting duties. After Dennis rejected a proposed custody agreement, Ravenel is currently waiting on her counter-offer.
    HighRoadGirl likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I confess I only watch this to see Cameron's outfits. I love her style. Thomas and Katherine have always seemed like such an odd pairing to me. He doesn't seem all there and she only seems interested b/c of his money. Even when they were together as in the latest episode, I seriously doubt she was taking care of the house, baby, dinner, laundry, etc on her own as she claimed. Being a new mom is tiring, but I'm sure she had more help than what was shown, Which Was One Nanny.
    I like Whitney's mother, but he just grosses me out. He's in his 40s? I think it's weird that both he and Thomas hang around with 20 year olds.
    Last edited by mina; 03-26-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Punkin, AmyKay and HighRoadGirl like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I like Whitney's mother, but he just grosses me out. He's in his 40s? I think it's weird that both he and Thomas hang around with 20 year olds.
    If you look at the credits, Whitney is one of the producers of the show. I believe I remember reading that the show was his idea and he convinced Cameran to do the show hoping her presence would help the pilot get picked up because people know her from the Real World. I can attest that in larger cities, once your friends begin to marry off and have children, you find new friends. Sometimes those friends are younger than you because those are the people with similar lives. Shep is 35-36, so he's not that much younger than Whitney. Thomas is the odd man out age-wise.
    Punkin, mina, AmyKay and 1 others like this.

I think Whitney looks so much older than the rest of them, even Thomas. Thomas looks younger than he is, in my opinion. Whitney looks older than his mom. It'sjust weird to me I guess, lol.
    woodiedog likes this.

I get really weird vibes from Whitney- he seems very strange. His mom is a hoot though. I think both Thomas and Kathryn are ridiculous. I love Cameron and I cannot help but adore Shep even though I know I shouldnt!
    Punkin, mina, Imperfect1 and 2 others like this.

When SC just started, Katherine Dennis was not part of the cast. But I think she wanted to be part of the cast in the worst way. So, she cast a wide net, with Shep, Whitney, and Thomas.
    When Thomas and Katherine visited the Dennis estate, it was not on par with the homes of the other cast members. She may have the "pedigree" and an old historical family name, but perhaps her family is running low on funds. Could the family have pushed Katherine to try get on SC to help the family out financially? And perhaps that was why she got pregnant by one of the wealthiest men in Savannah?
    She had a minor career in modeling, was quite the party girl, and didn't have many prospects for her future.
    I wish the best for Katherine. She is so young and now has a baby. Sometimes she looks lost.
    Punkin and mina like this.

I'm not a fan of hers , but I do feel badly for her. I'll be a first time mom this summer, and that's with a loving and supportive husband. I know it's going to be hard at first, but I can't imagine doing it on camera and with a man that seems so distant and uncommitted and like a bumbling fool. She's young and could go to school and make something of herself if she wanted or pursue modeling…… I guess I always felt that she was chasing getting pregnant by one of the "rich" guys on the show so she would always be tied to the money. Thomas acts like a fool and is making clear to her on the show (shot last year, I guess?) that by inviting his old flames around he is not serious about marrying her.
    Punkin, AmyKay, Fo'Realz? and 1 others like this.

Mina! You're having a first baby!!! How exciting for you! And for us! Please share some information in the 'Koffee Klatch' or 'Share your Good News' threads (or maybe you've already shared on a thread I don't follow). Many of us are long past 'first time mom' (or even first time grandmom) status, but we love to share in the excitement! I am very happy for you!
    mina likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread