+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree1276Likes

Thread: Southern Charm on Bravo

FORT Fanatic

Re: Southern Charm on Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I think I read on another website that Landon is listed as having assets worth 3 mil. through interior design and event planning. I'm willing to bet that most of that is in her house (maybe she rents? I get the impression that she owns it and it's in a ritzy neighborhood?)? , which might be in her name but maybe was financed by her dad?
    I absolutely cannot believe that is her net worth since she was living on a boat at one point and has been looking for handouts for her website unless by some random chance her parents have put assets in her name that are really theirs to avoid estate taxes. Was she trying to grease her dad up to get him to fund her website last season? People with $3M don't need daddy to volunteer cash.
    Punkin, beerbelly and short_lived like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I absolutely cannot believe that is her net worth since she was living on a boat at one point and has been looking for handouts for her website unless by some random chance her parents have put assets in her name that are really theirs to avoid estate taxes. Was she trying to grease her dad up to get him to fund her website last season? People with $3M don't need daddy to volunteer cash.
    I agree 100%. If her assets are that high, she must be listed as an owner on her parent's home(s). It's quite common now for older parents to put one or more child's name on their home and accounts in case of an accident where one or both are incapacitated, the adult child can manage their parents' affairs. If she had money, she wouldn't have needed cash for the website/travel blog start up.
    Declan likes this.

Yeah there are a couple of sites out there that tell how well off the Southern Charm cast members really are.

Here is one: https://www.romper.com/p/the-souther...ing-well-45702

The others are all reporting the same numbers.

Whitney is reported to have a worth of 2 million; his mama 20 million.

What surprised me the most was how Shep and Craig came in at the bottom with "only" $200K.

Where Landon came up with so much may actually have been part of her divorce settlement. She doesn't act like she's got all that much $$$.
    mina likes this.

I think she has also said on the show that she didn't take a dime from her ex husband, but I bet that is a lie. She seems to really love money so I don't think she would turn it down. Those articles are assuming that she is an interior designer and pulling in a salary. She may have done that at one time, but it doesn't look like she works as one now or has for a while. Plus she seems to suck at people skills and maintaining a job. Me , purely speculating, thinks that she presented herself as a poor little divorcee living on a (nice) boat trying to make her way in the world, coming from nothing. But it seems she has come from a rich family, and probably got a nice settlement from her ex. So basically she's a liar.
    Last edited by mina; 05-26-2017 at 12:58 AM.
    beerbelly likes this.

Okay, I just watched this week's episode. Kathryn was barely in it and she apparently holds so much power over these imbeciles that she caused a major disagreement at the end for trying to appologize to people she has hurt. Isn't she part of a 12 step program and one of those steps is owning up to what you have done and asking forgiveness? Cameron needs to shut it with screaming over everyone that they all need to stay out of it; she meddles in people's lives more than anyone on this show. I agree with Craig that Landon never takes the high road. Kathryn is young and messed up. She still has time to make something of her life and turn it around. These others are all like 40 or 50 and will never change. She probably came back to the show b/c she needs the immediate money, but I think she would be much better off not returning and just pursuing better things in her life. She still could potentially find love with a man that will treat her respectfully. Thomas is not going to find anyone better that will accept him; he lost his chance at a relationship with someone that would try and make it work. I don't think the Landon thing is real; it's just a story line and something to provoke Kathryn to anger. I believe that Landon slept with him last season though. If they are all so worried about being friends with Kathryn; then they need to worry about Thomas too. He's the other crazy half of that equation and he caused a lot of kathryn's crazy reactions by the drama he created.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Cameron needs to shut it with screaming over everyone that they all need to stay out of it.
    I liked her at one time, this season she needs a hobby! That doesn't require asking her friend about pork sandwiches , and leaving Kathryn alone!
    woodiedog likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay, I have one more thing to add and then I'll shut up! My kid took an extra long nap today so I got to watch the episode in great detail with no interuptions!!!! Thomas didn't have Kensie buckled in correctly in her carseat. The straps shouldn't have been twisted and the clip needed to be at her armpits. It's super dangerous! Like seriously, Thomas, if you are going to crow about what a great dad you are, then at least strap your kid in safely and correctly when you are driving her around on tv.
    Queen B and woodiedog like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    What surprised me the most was how Shep and Craig came in at the bottom with "only" $200K.
    Shep has some sort of trust fund. That money doesn't technically "belong" to him. Plus he has a house assessed at $365K and another property he bought in January for $630K in Charleston per their tax records so with a million dollars in real estate, I dare say he is worth more than $200K (yes I got nosey and looked up his tax records).
    Queen B and woodiedog like this.

LOL I haven't gone that far...yet! (I don't know how to do that....and am not sure I even want to know!)

It makes more sense that he is sitting on a trust fund because $200K isn't a lot of money anymore!
    woodiedog likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    LOL I haven't gone that far...yet! (I don't know how to do that....and am not sure I even want to know!)

It makes more sense that he is sitting on a trust fund because $200K isn't a lot of money anymore!
    I am a proper stalker I guess LOL. Real estate tax records are public records. Most places have websites that allow you to search the tax records simply because they don't want people worrying the snot out of them at the taxing authority office. It took me longer to find Shep's full name than it did to find the charleston tax assessor's website LOL. Some places have voting records online which to me is a little more creepy but maybe that is because i have to use our local land records quite frequently for work so I am a little more desensitized to the whole thing.
    woodiedog likes this.

+ Reply to Thread