+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree1275Likes

Thread: Southern Charm on Bravo

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Re: Southern Charm on Bravo

Thomas has a very bad case of "silver spoon poisoning", which, in addition to making him believe that he is FAR more important than he really is, has also apparently made him absolutely tone deaf when it comes to recognizing the difference between being admired and being mocked.
    He reminds me of that old story "The Emperor's New Clothes" - and, as Thomas struts around showing his azz for all to see, he hears the roar of the crowd, but is incapable of discerning that it's laughter.

The embarrassingly miserable turn out for his child's christening redux showed how little respect there truly is for him (and Katherine). Even those few "close friends" who did attend, had no compunction about ridiculing both of them personally as well as the absurdity of the situation (and those who showed up are virtually all under contract to the show, anyway - no?).

At first, I wondered if the terrific heat, combined with the extremely stupid decision to hold an outdoor ceremony might be to blame for keeping attendance down, at least in part (honestly, it doesn't take a genius to predict that any given day in August in Charleston WILL be as hot as hades!) - but then Cameron made it pretty clear that the invitees were not advised that that would be the case -
    so nope, those empty chairs were a clear signal that most of the guest list chitcanned their invitations ... ... whenever they recovered from uncontrollable fits of laughter.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

FORT Fan

Fo'Realz - I totally agree with you on all your points.

I especially had to laugh when Craig or Shep said something about the 3rd christening and had a good chuckle. Honestly the whole show of the 2nd christening was ridiculous. That all could have been done at the church and with just the necessary parties present. Kathryn looks to be the main source of conflict this season. Of course last season should have been an indicator since she slept with half the cast. I don't care for her much - didn't last season either. She comes across very self righteous & superficial.
    Fo'Realz? and woodiedog like this.

FORT Fanatic

I think christening #2 was for the cameras. I don't think it was real. There is no way the families of the parents would miss an event like that...unless it was a sham for the cameras.

I love Patricia, she is the scene stealer. That morning jacket with feathers was over the top, but she pulled it off!
    candor, Fo'Realz? and woodiedog like this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    I think christening #2 was for the cameras. I don't think it was real. There is no way the families of the parents would miss an event like that...unless it was a sham for the cameras.
    I don't doubt it, they are certainly ALL about the cameras, so I'm sure that they jumped at the opportunity to put this farce on TV.
    (although, they genuinely did change the baby's Godmother following Katherine's snit about the original, that part is true)
    Assuming that the ceremony was all for the camera, that makes it all the more of an epic fail, IMO
    because what they succeeded in showing the camera was that they couldn't turn out anyone who wasn't getting a paycheck to be there.
    Mortifying for a then-hopeful senatorial candidate. Those empty chairs were a powerful testimony.

I love Patricia, she is the scene stealer. That morning jacket with feathers was over the top, but she pulled it off!
    She's the whack-a-doo mom that you want someone else to have -
    so that you can visit occasionally, get a power dose of crazy ...
    and then dash for home when you've had your fill.
    Punkin, AmyKay, Imperfect1 and 3 others like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I agree that the baptism was just for the cameras.
    I think that Katherine and Thomas were reluctant to have this faux baptism. And perhaps Bravo didn't want to spend any funds on this faux baptism. Something was amiss because:
    - It was outside in August. Really, there wasn't enough room in the "plantation" for 12 people?
    - The decor and effort that went into the planning looked ridiculous. Mason jars with flowers, bar tables with ill fitting table cloths, plastic white chairs for the ceremony.
    - Whitney skulked in late (in a PRIUS), inappropriately dressed, and looked like 20 miles of bad road. Did someone from casting call him to get his butt over to the Plantation ASAP? We never saw him interact with his mother during the episode.
    Punkin and HighRoadGirl like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    I agree that the baptism was just for the cameras.
    I think that Katherine and Thomas were reluctant to have this faux baptism. And perhaps Bravo didn't want to spend any funds on this faux baptism. Something was amiss because:
    - It was outside in August. Really, there wasn't enough room in the "plantation" for 12 people?
    - The decor and effort that went into the planning looked ridiculous. Mason jars with flowers, bar tables with ill fitting table cloths, plastic white chairs for the ceremony.
    - Whitney skulked in late (in a PRIUS), inappropriately dressed, and looked like 20 miles of bad road. Did someone from casting call him to get his butt over to the Plantation ASAP? We never saw him interact with his mother during the episode.
    Woodiedog - your post is a hoot!! 20 miles of bad road!! This will be my new favorite saying since it trumps what I use now; 'he had a hard paper route'.

Agreed with all who said the 2nd christening was for the cameras. However...................it would have been more fun to the see the low down on the 1st christening. Poor Kathryn's immaturity & insecurity is going to get the best of her........again.........this season.

Get out your popcorn!
    Punkin and woodiedog like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

All I could think about during the christening was "What is wrong with these people?????" If it had started to RAIN they would've taken the christening inside, so when the heat was miserably blistering and unbearable (and can you imagine how hot it was FOR THE BABY) why didn't they just take it inside????
    AmyKay, woodiedog and HighRoadGirl like this.

FORT Fan

Episode 2 was kind of a bore. I think Patricia's interview for a 2nd butler was the most interesting scene. Thomas really is disgusting. He shows more & more each episode why he's not & hasn't been able to sustain a decent relationship. Ick.

I am not sure about Landon yet. She's got a very strange dialect to her speech. Is she trying to channel a British accent like Madonna has over the years?
    AmyKay likes this.

Katherine is no better than Thomas. Wanting to move to the city so she can do what she wants? You're a parent now, it's called sacrifice! I would have LOVED to have access to a nanny, even for once a week!
    I'm sad the lawyer guy (craig?) is headed down an slippery slope (especially with what last weeks "this season on" hinted at)
    I still, and probably always will, love Cameran.
    Imperfect1 and HighRoadGirl like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Katherine is no better than Thomas. Wanting to move to the city so she can do what she wants? You're a parent now, it's called sacrifice! I would have LOVED to have access to a nanny, even for once a week!
    I'm sad the lawyer guy (craig?) is headed down an slippery slope (especially with what last weeks "this season on" hinted at)
    I still, and probably always will, love Cameran.
    Yep! Kathryn is just way too immature even though she's trying to convince the world she's not. Thomas (thinking with his other head for a moment) is just now figuring this out. I think JD said it best about the Thomas/Kathryn union with a baby.

Craig is a moron. He might have his own ideas about 'working hours' but if he was smart, he could work normal hours & still go out now & again. His only hobbies or interests seem to be drinking. Whitney at least plays the guitar & is in a band, but he's not much better with regards to excess in the drinking dept.

Cameran is awesome. She makes the show.
    Punkin, AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread