+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Southern Charm on Bravo

Re: Southern Charm on Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    In the beginning I thought this was another group of shallow idiots like that other Bravo ensemble show set in Chicago, "300 Days of Summer." But they grew on me. The men are ridiculously shallow and vain, but they're also educated and well read, which makes them more interesting than the average reality dude. Thomas had me at "poise."
    Co-sign. I wanted to like "300 Days of Summer" because I am near Chicago but I could never get into it, and that says a lot considering I'll watch almost anything. I really love the cast of "Southern Charm" except for the one gloved chick with the huge choppers and bad mohawk. Can't remember her name but she could go. Love me some T-Rav! I would love to sit poolside with him, discuss all things politics, and sip a mint julep or two. Was it just me? or did anyone else think Katherine (post baby bod) was channeling the singer Adele!? Doppelganger for sure~!
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

Katherine put it on a lof weight with the pregnancy, it appears. I almost did not recognize her.
    I liked this show, too, and thought it a cut above from most of the bravolebrities.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I love this cast. They are intellegent, witty, and fun. Its a breath of fresh air after watching all of the Housewives dreck.
    Punkin and Jexter like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I agree with y'all, and hope there's a season two. I'd love to catch up with these guys and see what their lives are like, a year from now.

T-Rav has a lot of charisma, but he's also kind of a wounded puppy. The younger bros provide the eye candy but they're not nearly as interesting as T-Rav, Whitney and his mother. I wonder what Cameran was even doing on that show? She didn't really provide a whole lot, nor did the one in the mohawk. It's come out that she moved back to Charleston just for filming and that Bravo rented that house for her. Not necessary, IMO.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Read somewhere recently (can't remember, I think it was on his FB page?) that Thomas Ravenel will not be returning for Season 3. Wonder what they're going to do now that he's off the show. He was basically the most interesting cast member and had the biggest storyline.
    Jexter likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    Read somewhere recently (can't remember, I think it was on his FB page?) that Thomas Ravenel will not be returning for Season 3. Wonder what they're going to do now that he's off the show. He was basically the most interesting cast member and had the biggest storyline.
    I'll miss Thomas, cause he's very unusual, but definitely interesting. And, I guess that means we won't see his new wife and baby girl either. That's too bad, cause I would've really liked to see how all that played out.

I saw some interesting news recently about Jenna and her alleged billionaire boyfriend. They were claiming that Jenna doesn't really live in that big beautiful house --- she has a small one bedroom apartment, and supposedly the boyfriend is a married man whose wife did not know about Jenna UNTIL she saw (or heard about) the show. (Whew! That must've been rough for the wife!)

And, Cameron recently got married, but her fiance (now husband), didn't want to be on the show. I'm sorry about that, cause she's my favorite cast member (I really liked her on Real World years ago) and I'd love to see more of her life.

I really enjoyed this show and am so glad it's been renewed for another season. Especially now that there's been updates on some of the cast members.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    T-Rav has a lot of charisma ....
    I realize that I am swimming upstream against popular opinion here (perhaps because I am geographically near enough to Charleston to have seen Ravenel's self-wrought disgrace play out on the local news), but personally, I don't see any charm or charisma there, just a dim-witted, self-indulgent buffoon who has used the silver spoon that he was born with to dig himself a nice, deep hole.
    Hey, maybe he can dig his way all the way back into the bottom of the old family privy, where he belongs (just my personal opinion).
    Last edited by Fo'Realz?; 06-13-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    Totally agree. He said he did the show as favor to his friend and that he had kept his word. He said it in a way that made me think that he wasn't really interested in doing more.

I totally have a crush on Thomas but I'm light years away from what he looks for ... which makes me sad!

It will be interesting to see who comes back. This cast is smart. It's a really good group of people I think ... I hope ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123