+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Jim Henson's Creature Shop (SyFy)

Re: Jim Henson's Creature Shop begins March 25 on syfy

When Robert added the sneer to the bare face, I saw Voldemort. Yes, I ranked him first with Melissa second. If her story had been stronger, she might have overcome Robert's camera ready traveler. Um, on another thought, no, she wouldn't.

This was an interesting show, and I, too, hope they do another season. I would also like to know how Robert fits in with the workforce in the Creature Shop.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't quite get why the story part mattered. If they were really working wouldn't someone else write the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I don't quite get why the story part mattered. If they were really working wouldn't someone else write the story?
    This may be my mascot experience talking, as I had to create my own version of my high school and college mascot's demeanor, but this may be why.

Sometimes folks have to multitask in order to create a filming character. There have been stories where folks are told to "Design something to fit this theme and we'll work around your story" so the designer must create the character and tell a story.

Others who are trying to get into a job will want to create characters to beef up their portfolio. One of the questions they may be asked is "What is this character?" so the designer would need to be able to think of a story at the drop of a hat and do a "sales pitch" of sorts to sell their character for a show or movie.

It's a way to expand selling ability, and honestly, in this case where they could create anything they would have to create a story to make it fit with their imagination.
    Florimel likes this.

It was just announced on Twitter (OK, it was 8 hours ago, but I just saw a RT) that there won't be a second season. Look for a tweet from @MuppetsHenson.

That's too bad. It's one of the few reality shows I consider watchable.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

That is very disappointing news.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Yes, very disappointing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234