+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Jim Henson's Creature Shop begins March 25 on syfy

Jim Henson's Creature Shop begins March 25 on syfy

Looking forward to this...

Jim Henson's Creature Shop | Syfy
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: Jim Henson's Creature Shop begins March 25 on syfy

I really dislike SyFy for what it has become. I watch very little there any more. I am sticking around for the final season of Warehouse 13. However, the thing that has piqued my interest in this new show is Gigi Edgely from Farscape as the host. I might just tune in to see her.
    Allie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I do admit I grow tired of reality shows and their bad movies... BUT I do like that at least the reality shows for the most part fit in with the channel's premise.

This one will be fascinating IMHO for the reason it's based on your work and skills and will be judged accordingly. I like shows that show people that you can still imagine and dream, and be judged for what you do, not who you are (i.e. "Survivor" or shows that rely on popularity to win).
    Florimel and inthegarden like this.

I watched and liked the premiere episode. Although similar in concept, I liked it more than Face Off. I hope it is successful enough to stay around and for Pikachu to consider a pool for it. I also liked the judges and Gigi Edgley as host. It seems to have more diversity than Face Off in that not everything is going to be horror.

I'll be watching.
    mom2 and inthegarden like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Dang, I forgot about this one -- I'll have to see if it's on demand...

(ETA -- it is)
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I like this type of show so I enjoyed it. I would definitely consider doing a pool for it in the future, if it gets more than one season. It's hard to know how to score a pool, what categories to create, etc, until you've seen a season of it and know how it works.

I really liked the winning design--Devil Prawn. It was my favorite of the ones shown so I'm thrilled the judges liked it, too.

In the past, I would have felt sorry for the guy paired with the bossy, talkative girl but it's each contestant's responsibility to step up and speak out. If he let her railroad him into making decisions he didn't like, he deserved to suffer the consequences. I'm glad they both made it through the elimination so we can see how they do with different partners or in individual challenges.

Syfy is becoming one of my favorite channels. I used to flip to Food Network or HGTV when nothing in particular was on just to have something to watch but now I flip to Syfy to see what's on!

I kind of did feel a bit sorry for the man paired with bossy Tina. I think maybe he was among the older contestants and is more inclined to be polite to women. She majorly annoyed me.

The show] seems to have done very well in ratings. I hope it will hold up. Next show's challenge will be based on The Dark Crystal.

‘Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge’ Premiere Draws 1.1 Million Viewers - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
    Last edited by Florimel; 03-26-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Loving this show. I was irritated by both the chatty kathy and the older guy who let her. Love that simple aluminum foil guy won the challenge. Lol
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm enjoying this show. I'm hoping it last long enough for a pikachu pool. Even though I love Face Off, I'm enjoying the whimsical character design. I'm hoping they incorporate automation soon.

I thought the show was really fun! I felt sorry for the guy, it seemed like at first he kept trying to get a word in without interrupting, but he just gave up and let her take the reigns. There's a point where, since you're being judged on the creature, you need to just speak up, even if you are interrupting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast