+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rich Kids of Beverly Hills

Rich Kids of Beverly Hills

Anyone watching this jewel on E? I came across this while flipping channels. Follows some kid of rich Beverly Hills parents. 20 something's. One of them is Magic Johnson's son EJ who recently came out. The obscene amounts of money spent by kids who have no jobs is unreal. One girl,Dorothy Wang spent like $40k in a nightclub!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Rich kids of Beverly Hills

I just watched the first episode today. I must admit, I didn't hate it. I did a lot of eye-rolling though. There's so much exposure to the supposed 'mega-rich' on reality tiv that I've almost gotten immune to it. Just like, ironically, there's so much exposure to the trailer-trash mentality and behavior that I've kinda gotten immune to that too.
    holly71 likes this.

I was surprised to see magic Johnson's son on here. The girl that spent $40,000 on drinks and food in the club did leave a $10 k tip!
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I was surprised to see magic Johnson's son on here. The girl that spent $40,000 on drinks and food in the club did leave a $10 k tip!
    Good for her, for leaving a HUGE tip! By the way, did anyone notice that the $40,000 on the bill was just for the TWO bottles of champagne!!!!! The restaurant/bar obviously threw in the hors d'ouvres for free. I guess for $40,000, they would!

Re: Rich Kids of Beverly Hills

They are twenty somethings and they were not being particularly mean...so I did not hate it.

I wonder if their parents will cut them off. It took a lot of cost mindedness for the parents to amass what they have for their aging darlings to flush it down the toilet.

Solatti--upset face from being cut off. Her aunt is aging well. If she ages like that she gets to be a knockout.

Aj--my gosh. What has magic been investing in? Ridiculous money spending. Sassy personality. Likeable

Dorothy--if she needs to spend $40,000 for drinks she is around the wrong group of friends. I guess a trust is set up for her....I agree that a six foot tall man or taller is more attractive. And being of asian descent, i agree that older men who have an asian attraction should be scary. My ex did. He made me feel like i was not even a human. They think you are cultured to not have a voice and just be practically a hooker. The younger guys...probably ok. I think Dorothy's trust fund could attract dangerous user sorts. I am curious if she has any job motivation.

Morgan-- i will look at her blog. It is funny how she thought her boyfriend was talking about her when he said you cannot have everything. Women do tend to feel criticized. Being almost 50, i would say it is fine to appreciate that she is young. Celebrate each day. But she really needs to screen men for sincerity......i would not want to be valued for my boobs or waist. Beauty is fleeting. Within the next five years she is really going to be dealing with age transitioning.

The gay man--"drama" queen. Looks like he got over himself though. And really all of us have to get over ourselves at some point.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    You can do it!

Boobsandloubs--not organized enough to warrant mentioning on tv. Spent half hour to ten minutes free thinking five or so many times in the past three years and put it on the blog.
    You can do it!

Dorothy's dad,Robert Wang is #166 on Forbes 400 list. Deep pockets but 40k on 2 bottles of liquor is cray cray!
    Punkin likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Dorothy's dad,Robert Wang is #166 on Forbes 400 list. Deep pockets but 40k on 2 bottles of liquor is cray cray!
    I think it is obscene. But we, as a country, (as long as we are somewhat comfortably sitting in 'the middle') don't seem to get outraged at this kind of excess. Unfortunately, the flip-side of that is that we don't seem to be outraged that so many fellow Americans live in abject poverty with little opportunity to rise above it. Children go hungry in America. What does that say about us?
    judkay likes this.

The waste in this show does not make us look good to people in other countries. Usually children of well to do have to work and pay their way. My guess is a lot of these ones will not be so different.
    You can do it!

I tried watching.

I was watching the one where the girls were shopping and Roxy and Dorothy had the same purse.

Naa, I need more s/l then just spending money all day and all night.

Roxy seemed way immature for her age.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast