+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By AmyKay
  • 1 Post By AcookerTV
  • 1 Post By momrek06
  • 1 Post By harleyswife

Thread: Wahlburgers (A&E)

Wahlburgers (A&E)

This show follows 3 (of the 9!) Wahlberg men (Mark, Donnie, and chef Paul) in their restaurant business (Hamburger joint Wahlburgers and a nicer restaurant Alma Nove near Boston) and family life. Comes on A&E Wed at 1030.

As a Block Head, anything that Donnie is involved in I will at least take a peek at (who am I kidding? I am obsessed with Donnie!), I loved it! The dynamic between the brothers is great, and throw their mother in the mix and it is very sweet! This first episode we got to see the real Johnny Drama and Nacho that Mark based the characters from Entourage on.

I will definitely be sticking with this one, even the next ep with Jenny McCarthy who I do not like but is dating Donnie. I have heard rumors that Mark isn't too keen on her so it will be interesting to see if he comments on the relationship (not that it matters to either Donnie or Jenny). I have also heard Mark can be kind of a divo, so it will be nice to see the real him.

Anyone else watch?
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Re: Wahlburgers (A&E)

I did not watch the entire episode, but I was flipping over during commercial breaks from Top Chef, and I really liked what I saw! I will definitely look out for it. I like that they include Donnie and Mark because they know people will be drawn for them, but they are not the focus. It's fun and interesting to see their family talking about them as people they know, rather than as stars. In one scene where Paul and his mom were talking about how the other two try to control things, I was amused by the way they talked about Mark and "his business" where people just do what he says. It took me a minute to remember "oh yes, that movie business ... that's what they are talking about". Good show!
    AmyKay likes this.

I am SO loving this show!! I wish it were on a little bit earlier tho! Maybe if the ratings are good enough they'll move it to earlier.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I have been watching since the season started and it really is a fun show to watch.

Paul's dedication to his 2 restaurants is amazing. He does not stop.

I love how much they all love each other and just have so much fun together.

Its a great show!!!
    AmyKay likes this.
    KAREN

Liking the show alot. Even though Mark and Donnie are famous, they seem to be grounded by their family values and respect their Mom and love each other. It's nice to see.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread