Did anyone else watch the premier of Opposite Worlds on the SyFy Channel Tuesday?
I will list a couple of good and bad points:
1. I like the fact there are two different worlds, and the fact that the teams are not guaranteed to stay in each world for the whole experience (They must fight to have the best part of the house). They also have an lot more reality to them as far as what the future and past might have been like.
2. The divider between the two is also quite nice and lets folks see each side. It creates strategy, as you obviously can hear each other through the partitions.
3. I also like that no team is safe from elimination - one from each side must compete against each other in elimination.
Bad (one will be from tonight, rest for general analysis of the show):
1. I do think as far as food, the past is getting a *little* too little. They should have some protein available as well, not just veggies and bread (which BTW is one of the few unrealistic aspects of the era). That will overly weaken the team honestly.
2. I don't like that we choose who gets to choose who goes head to head in the elimination challenge. I think that we should choose the person from the past and future to compete, or at least have the two who are immune get to choose two folks for potential head-to-head battle. This will be abused I think, particularly with the current future team who could severely weaken this team again (more in a minute here).
3. Should this show go into a second season - do NOT put the poor contestants in nude barely opaque undergarments before they go to the future. I don't care if it's to simulate them being a "Creation of life and history" or something (they didn't explain the clothing bit), but seriously, it was embarrassing to watch (I felt for them.
And this is the personal gripe with tonight's:
4. I think the moment the future team intentionally hit a past player out of the safety zone (which BTW broke the guy's leg, and he's most likely out of the competition), the game was over, and the past team won. Either that or the player who intentionally hurt the other one be ejected or forced into the past for a period of at least two weeks - NO ability to move to the future room. It was uncalled for, brutal and harmful.
Overall, this is not a bad series, and I think it's better than "Big Brother" honestly, but I have a feeling it may be there only one season for whatever reason.
I do think if it makes another season they should have the past be different eras, as even say the 1940s you still had to deal with bomb shelters and rationing.
(Note, if there is a thread already for this, please feel free to move it there, and sorry for a double thread).