+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

Re: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Then why was Russell so popular and someone like Jeffry and Omarosa so hated? I kind of don't understand.

Russell even beat Rupert for fan favorite in HvV. That made me ill.
    Thanks to the internet, it's now the age of the troll. It's not someone's fault for being rude, it's your fault for being insulted. And they're not being rude, they're "being real." it's all BS -- people would rather get the upper hand than be decent...or even civil.
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Then why was Russell so popular and someone like Jeffry and Omarosa so hated? I kind of don't understand.

Russell even beat Rupert for fan favorite in HvV. That made me ill.
    Russell was popular his FIRST season because he was phenominal at finding the Hidden Immunity Idols and played rough, but with the exception of draining his team of water, which weakened them too much, he played strategically. Even *I* think he should've won over the eventual winner of the season.

Now his second season - and his interview during Brandon's season, showed his mean, vindictive side and frankly cruelty to the point folks wanted him gone. Not many folks supported him during the Redemption Island season when he was voted out quickly and then lost out. I will say that he was right though it was a mistake that his team eliminated him as quickly as they did.

Jeffry and Omarosa, for all their faults, at least quickly went out there to try and be the "loved to be hated" type personality. I will give them kudos there, they played hard too fast too quickly and made us root for them as villains and make them unforgettable (though why they want to be seen as negative I don't know).

That's honestly the only way I can see it with these as examples.

As far as Brendon and Rachel - they are airheads (to be nice) but they can play the game. They also bring a much needed ironic humor in "The Amazing Race" (Yes, I want them there longer than one other team in the current season).

Puck is just a nasty fellow period.
    Allie likes this.

Now, as far as the finale, I was glad that American chose Frank to be protected. I had a hunch that the next to last challenge would be mental, and as much as I like Frank and KNOW he has to be very smart to be a firefighter, I just couldn't see him succeed as well in that challenge. Had he been there, I think it'd been JR and Jeffry in the final. Samm, bless her heart DID prove to me what I think would've happened with Frank - been strong in the physical, but forgotten the details in the whole season. I was glad she got to experience one more day in the future before being eliminated. (On a negative - I think the show should've put her in a little bit more modest future outfit when they were doing the "past/future" lineups in the final four. She was nearly falling out of the future one, and that was a feat).

The final two challenge - quite fitting and it was very close as well as having a decent blend of mental and physical. Who knew that bungees would be that tough to work around?

I would've been OK with JR winning - he definitely earned his spot, but I was even happier Frank won. For all his bragging and bravado in challenges, to see him genuinely humbled and crying that he won was delightful to see. I'm sure his family (wife and children?) were happy to see him win and see this other side of him. It was also HILARIOUS to see that he couldn't even rip that shirt by the end of it and when they got the one shot of him in the "victory" pose he liked doing, his shirt was stuck on top of his head.

I don't think this series will get another season, but at least it was good and the contestants were competitive but respectful overall of each other's strengths. If it does get another season though, I do think they need to have a few tweaks, such as an outhouse for the past team that is dressed to fit the time, and simple cots and furs. I just think they shouldn't risk folhealth with a place to do their business that gets blocked a lot.

I also think they need to do it where the players all compete individually in the present and the top half go to the future and the bottom half in the past each Worldly Challenge. This will also help reduce the risk of teams being stuck in the past or future for too long periods of time, and making them weaker physically.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678