+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

Re: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I voted for JR to be the protected. I don't think Frank needs protection. He can win a challenge against anybody so I'm sure he'll make it to final two.
    I honestly voted for Frank because I feel anyone who makes as little as they do overall (and firefighters aren't as well paid as folks think), and is willing to be of the attitude may the best and most deserving person win, get a fair shot at winning the thing.

Jeffry has the most game strategy of the contestants. Perhaps too much because, like Russell on Survivor, he was striving so hard to get to his goal, he wasn't working on building personal relationships (with the exception of his alliance with JR) and that lack of popularity has hurt his game play.
    My opinion only, Jeffry has cheated at least one time (writing on the pads to talk - he should've automatically been in the dual that got Jesse and Mercy eliminated), and he gave food to JR, which also to me is a violation of the rules.

He shouldn't win, and he honestly shouldn't even be there in my opinion. Jesse was right when he said that Jeffry shouldn't have been protected during that double elimination, and he, Mercy, and Lisette paid the price.

Lauren, Samantha and Frank swung too far the other way. They put their personal relationships over game strategy.
    Samm I agree with to a point. She has also been very good at challenges, and won't make these final challenges easy for the guys to win.

Frank did let his personal opinion about Jeffry get in the way, but IMHO he's for the "team" in that if he doesn't win, he wants someone from Epoch to win because he respects their gameplay to the point he wanted it to be the best man (or woman) win. That is why he chose Samm - he felt she deserved the chance and respected her gameplay and strengths. With Jeffry, there is a chance that someone who has IMHO cheated, been a complete slimy jerk and was voted least popular four or five times by us could walk away with the money.

I think JR played the most balanced game, thinking strategically while at the same time building and maintaining personal relationships. For that reason, I think he's the most deserving contestant for the win. If JR doesn't win, I think Frank is next most deserving.
    I agree with this but the flip. Right now I still think JR may have made a $100,000 mistake taking in Jeffry.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Frank was kind of a jerk last night.

I'd want Jeffry to be the protected but will that happen? Hell no.

I'm glad Lauren's gone. JR made a good move there.

When Samm begged us to help her win by saying "I will use the money to help others!" it seemed kind of disingenuous to me. Like, whether she was telling the truth or not, it seems kind of typical when wanting people to vote for you.

At this point I don't care who wins. At least JR likes Jeffry as much as I do.

I really don't like this show or its contestants at all, but I do dvr it to keep in touch with what's going on.

I think Jeffry is slime and my opinion of J.R. fell drastically when he picked Jeffry, but it has been slipping each week. My opinion of Frank, on the other hand, has gone up. Although I really can't stand his screaming and fist pumping or his self-proclaimed OCD, I think he has played with as much integrity as this show will allow. He and Samantha are the two finalists I'd like to see move on.

The one whom I ended up liking best is the one I liked least, except for Jeffrey, after the first show, and that's Jesse. Best final for me would have been Jesse against Frank.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Frank was kind of a jerk last night.

I'd want Jeffry to be the protected but will that happen? Hell no.
    Frank and Jeffry were jerks then I'll agree - lol.

Jeffry's case he won't get the protected unless it's rigged because he's a Russell Hantz type as mentioned, and no one will root for that behavior. YES, Richard Hatch was a turkey when he competed, but he did have a style that made him entertaining to watch.

And - like I mentioned - he technically cheated during his 24-hour silence by writing on a notepad, so a lot of folks feel he shouldn't have been here because he should've been in that duel

I'm glad Lauren's gone. JR made a good move there.
    A good move for Jeffry... it's obvious Jeff's mind tricks worked on JR, and that guy is going to do what he can to win and enter the finals one way or another unless he by some chance is the protected.

I maintain JR has cost himself the $100,000.

When Samm begged us to help her win by saying "I will use the money to help others!" it seemed kind of disingenuous to me. Like, whether she was telling the truth or not, it seems kind of typical when wanting people to vote for you.
    It was annoying, but it has worked for her, so I'm not surprised there. It's in fairness as much of a gameplay for her to use that tactic as Jeffry's tactic to get chosen for the final four.

At this point I don't care who wins. At least JR likes Jeffry as much as I do.
    He said it was strategic... I really don't think he likes Jeffry as much as you do.

Well the winner of Glass House was a good looking straight white male who had zero strategy and that didn't affect his chances. So I wouldn't put it past America to vote JR to win.

Jeffry's case he won't get the protected unless it's rigged because he's a Russell Hantz type as mentioned, and no one will root for that behavior.
    Well, Russell Hantz won fan favorite. Twice.

Well, Russell Hantz won fan favorite. Twice.
    That's why I don't watch Survivor anymore. Jeff Probst looked at that statistic and didn't try to figure out what went wrong -- instead he thought "OK great, I'll give them Hantz-style Survivor from now on!" Bleh.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    That's why I don't watch Survivor anymore. Jeff Probst looked at that statistic and didn't try to figure out what went wrong -- instead he thought "OK great, I'll give them Hantz-style Survivor from now on!" Bleh.
    That's true. I bring up the southern bias again, since Russell is that. If he looked and sounded like Jeffry, yet played and said the exact same things in his season, he wouldn't have gotten any love from America. Hypocritical.

Oh and well, the show ended tonight.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Frank and JR
    were the Final Two.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Frank
    won.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    A bit of a pleasant surprise.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

That's true. I bring up the southern bias again, since Russell is that. If he looked and sounded like Jeffry, yet played and said the exact same things in his season, he wouldn't have gotten any love from America. Hypocritical.
    It's not a regional bias -- it's people in general willing to accept "people you love to hate" as entertainment. It's cynicism on the part of producers and networks -- hate still translates to viewers and clicks; These obviously fame-hungry characters that they dig up don't represent real people, they represent bad actors who can't get any other jobs in the business. Jeffrey, Brenchel, Russel Hantz, all the way back to Omarosa and Puck. I never bought into that, which I guess makes me look like an old fuddy-duddy, lol.

I have to catch up withthe last 2 episodes. Sounds like I don't have to right away, lol.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    It's not a regional bias -- it's people in general willing to accept "people you love to hate" as entertainment. It's cynicism on the part of producers and networks -- hate still translates to viewers and clicks; These obviously fame-hungry characters that they dig up don't represent real people, they represent bad actors who can't get any other jobs in the business. Jeffrey, Brenchel, Russel Hantz, all the way back to Omarosa and Puck. I never bought into that, which I guess makes me look like an old fuddy-duddy, lol.
    Then why was Russell so popular and someone like Jeffry and Omarosa so hated? I kind of don't understand.

Russell even beat Rupert for fan favorite in HvV. That made me ill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast