+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Re: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

Chronos....whiners
    Frank....eh...no opinion yet
    JR & Jeffry.....what goes around,..you know
    That sweetie, Luke Tipple....worth watching for me!
    mom2 likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

I am ready for Jeff and JR to have to battle each other. One needs to go, and I'm hoping its Jeff. Something about him jst irks me, probably the fake crying.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I just binge-watched the first 7 episodes, and I kind of like the show, but it definitely has some bugs to fix if it gets a second season.

First, way to much talky-talk, especially from the host when challenges come up. There's about 10 minutes of setup, and 2 minutes of action. Just get on with it already. Maybe they think they have to over-explain things in the first season, who knows.

Second, the audience voting isn't really affecting the game enough, or at least in the ways that they try to claim it is. If it were true, the game wouldn't have been so lopsided for so long before Epoch's upset.

I guess the casting isn't as bad as Big Brother, in that not everyone is a cartoon stereotype of a person. Frank and Jesse and Jeffrey are stock reality characters, especially Jeffrey. I don't like Frank for a simple reason: he has no sense of humor. I end up disliking any reality contestant that has no sense of humor about themselves or the game they are playing. His righteous speeches about his wife and kids and his service are starting to sound disingenuous, especially now that he settled in so easily with Epoch in the Future. He may say he misses his old team, but that's pure lip service.

It's an interesting show, but if this succeeds, then there's no reason that Glass House should have been cancelled, because both shows have similar strengths and weaknesses. Maybe Glass House should be pitched to a cable channel, it might have a new life further away from CBS' prying eyes.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I want JR to go before Jeffry and I then want to see America rage for once.

And I don't mind Frank at all.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 02-16-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Chronos wins the key challenge and gets to go back to the future. Blech.

But they just made a stupid mistake making Jeffry the one with the immunity. Not only will we NOT make him the decider, two people are going to be eliminated tonight and he cannot be selected. So possibly two folks from that side are going to be eliminated, and they strengthened Epoch's chances of again returning to the future and Chronos ruing the decision.

I will say though Frank looks hilarious but oddly good in the furs he has to wear. He looks like he's supposed to be Hercules and Conan the Barbarian rolled into one. The only odd thing is his furs are white, but the rest of the teams (and Chronos' when they were in the past) are brown.

Just in case anyone is interested - the two contestants eliminated tonight were from Team Chronos, and were...

Jesse and Mercy.

Frank and Samm were the two for Team Epoch competing, and the challenge consisted of a puzzle and bungee cords. I was flip flopping between the show and the Olympics, so I am probably missing some details.

Now... only one person can win this show, but I have to say I give respect for all the Epoch players for working together as a team and I think TRULY will be happy for whomever wins the game (even if they are disappointed they didn't win).

And - props to Frank, saying he volunteered in place of JR because he was injured and needed more time to heal. I think he'd rather JR be healthy to compete against in the finals (as well as earn our respect for his gameplay) than the guy be eliminated due to injury.

Finally, I was right - their decision to put Jeffry as the protected bit Chronos in the nose and chewed it off. That said, he is FINALLY getting some mercy from us viewers... he's NOT the least favorite contestant this final week coming up.

It's Lisette.

I will say as long as it's not Jeffry who wins this show, I will be happy with anyone winning.

Why Lisette

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Why Lisette
    You know, I honestly don't know. Out of the two remaining Chronos members (I see Frank now as Epoch, and he's actually become more likable now), she really is the most likable.

I am thinking it's because she was the one who gave Jeffry the protected status and her arguments with the now gone Jesse and Mercy.

JR can be annoying but he's still got a lot more respect for his teammates than Jeffry. He is however, getting close to being in the bottom himself - the current standings for next week's popularity vote (if they do decide to do it), have Frank at the top and JR at the bottom.

If WE decide who wins, if they kept it at the current six, it'd be Frank or Samm. Not surprised with either of those - Samm has pulled heart strings as well as kicked tail in challenges (and helped keep the Epoch team sane in the past), while Frank has been a powerhouse, shown he can go from turkey to humbled and takes things into perspective. He's also shown his humor and self-deprecating side when he was exiled to the past.

Lauren and Lisette I think are in the middle as far as winning. Both good but both have annoyed viewers a bit (Lisette) or just faded into the background (Lauren).

Worst chances Jeffry (given he's been punished all but soon to be one week) and JR (who is letting his ego get the best of him).

I don't like JR or Lauren. But America loves them. Which pisses me off.

I like Frank, and Lisette deserves more respect. Didn't she get the win for her team twice? That pisses me off too that America hates her.

It's not a good time to be one of the Haves, even on a TV show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast