+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

Re: Opposite Worlds on SyFy (Tuesdays 10/9 central and Wednesday) *spoilers*

I love cheesy shows like Big Brother and The Glass House, so this is right up my alley. My only critique is that the competitions are way too violent; and next season, both teams need to start on the same side so that no team starts with an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    I really wish they wouldn't use the word "decider". There's NO SUCH THING as a "decider". It's just a word that Bush stumbled out because he couldn't think of another word that's synonymous with "decision maker". On this show this is going to annoy me just as "amazing" annoys me on The Bachelor/Bachelorette. There! I got that out of my system! But my left eye will still twitch when I hear that word!
    I was watching Sesame Street with my 2 year old son, and one of the puppets (Telly I think) actually said, "I'm the decider." I was amused and a little taken aback at the same time.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post
    I was watching Sesame Street with my 2 year old son, and one of the puppets (Telly I think) actually said, "I'm the decider." I was amused and a little taken aback at the same time.
    Surprised they've brought back Telly (he's a maroonish monster with orange nose and pointed head).

That said, I agree on "decider" - it sounds stupid quite honestly. Why not "Time Controller" or something that shows they get to choose from the past and future to come to the present and play a game?

As far as last night - it bugged me the one fellow fed JR in the past. I personally think there should be a rule against that.

They also should keep the most basic of sanitation in the past for the contestant's health. They didn't do the latrine well to begin with, and I dread those folks getting sick and having to drop out of the contest. They should've provided them with an outhouse like you see at large events, dressed in period garb. Well that and a better waterfall for showers.

The challenges are too brutal, and the NY firefighter in the future is going to probably end up getting punished next week because he went above and beyond in said area in the world challenge.

I like Team Epoch, but the howling is a bit annoying.

And I do feel for the first decider (sorry, but here I have to) on the future team - she really didn't deserve to be that low on the polling. She actually is probably one of two (Mercy the other) contestants on that team I do like.

Finally - I wonder what would've happened if the Past didn't lose a contestant due to injury - would only one team get a new player, would they have held the other guy until Epoch lost (and then if they did, would it have been Steve if it was a girl eliminated) or would they have had it with 6 on Chronos and 7 on Epoch?
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm surprised that the guy in the lowest place is last in popularity and JR, his alliance member on the other team, has the highest popularity!

Probably my least favorite person right now is the guy JR took on reward with him. Something about him annoys me. Last week Angela annoyed me but she redeemed herself at the elimination challenge and didn't bother me this week.

I'm still struggling with learning their names.

I was really hoping the cave people would win so they could experience the luxury of living in the future. Oh well, maybe next week they'll get their chance.

BTW, we never did get to see what's-his-face clean up the poop they left. He didn't even mention it again when they came back from the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I was really hoping the cave people would win so they could experience the luxury of living in the future. Oh well, maybe next week they'll get their chance.

BTW, we never did get to see what's-his-face clean up the poop they left. He didn't even mention it again when they came back from the challenge
    Epoch screwed up by doing lots of big knots and trying to tie them tightly. Problem is, you're able to loosen them, you will get them done quickly.

Chronos was smart and did lots of tiny knots that while easier to undo, take longer because there are so many of them it's time consuming.

Am wondering if there are one or two on Chronos who are getting so irritated with arrogant manscaping preening fireman Frank (I think his name, but that is his job) they'd say "Well, I'm tired of the future, I want us to go to the past." I doubt this will happen for fear of being voted into the elimination challenge, but it would be fun to see someone so fed up with their team either side they did this.

Had I been on Epoch, I'd at least had ONE part nothing but intricate and many small knots to undo, even if all half hitch knots that create the spiral effect you get on necklaces.

As far as the guy cleaning up the latrine... they probably didn't because of decency issues I guess. Then again, they did have that tobacco "Truth" commercial with the fake dog and cat pooping and peeing so... who knows. (I still maintain that at the minimum they should've had a proper composting toilet - a toilet shouldn't be stopped up with that many using it).

In short, Team Epoch lost a player, and it was the guy who decided they'd leave a present for Team Chronos when they won (and actually lost) the last world challenge. He was also the first one who was immune from elimination.

And they had these guys AGAIN in water in freezing temperatures (the mentioned the Polar Vortex again ) trying to find swords in the water.

I do think that Chronos has FAR too many advantages than Epoch - the food, warmth and other factors are too much of an advantage. Even the basics of brushing teeth and proper toilets also are hurting their health and morale.

Should this get another season, they NEED to have the teams in closer centuries - maybe 1800s versus 22nd century. Sure, it's still a challenge but the dietary and other necessary items needed would be better and the past team would be healthier.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I do think that Chronos has FAR too many advantages than Epoch - the food, warmth and other factors are too much of an advantage. Even the basics of brushing teeth and proper toilets also are hurting their health and morale.

Should this get another season, they NEED to have the teams in closer centuries - maybe 1800s versus 22nd century. Sure, it's still a challenge but the dietary and other necessary items needed would be better and the past team would be healthier.
    I'm not so worried about the time disparity but I do think the resources available to the teams should be more even. The past might not get sushi and memory foam beds but they should get plenty of simple meat and vegetables, decent toilet facilities, and individual beds with fur covers, or something like that. I don't see why the cave team should have to be starving and getting little sleep because of the lack of heat and bedding. As you said, jadewarlock, the things the cave team lacks hurts their performance in the challenges.

If the future people are going to have a more cushy standard of living, they should have more duties, like maybe using a woodchipper to chop firewood for the cave dwellers and using their kitchen gadgets to chop up the fruits and vegetables for them. That would make things more balanced and make it more of a dilemma for the winning team to chose whether they want to be in the future or in the past. Right now, no one in their right mind would choose to be in the past!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I've checked this show out, and of course JR wins fan favorite already.

I doubt he won it because America pities him for being in the Past world. It's because America always loves a good ol white guy.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 02-02-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I like Jeffry, I like Angela, and I like Steve (who reminds me a bit of Cochran) so far. Mercy shares her first name with one of my favorite people I've ever known, and I don't know many people with that name, so I like hearing it.

I don't get why Jeffry came in last in the first week's vote, other than how he talks and looks, which might turn America off for some reason.

I don't actually dislike anyone so far. Some people I don't remember saying anything, like Samm, and Jesse's already apologized for what happened in the first challenge.

Wyatt was a bit of a jerk so I didn't care to see him go.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and pikachu like this.

Seriously, Team Epoch can't win for trying. They lost to Chronos in a THIRD worldly challenge.

Worse, Chronos actually considered going to the past - well the one who could choose, but he chose to stay in the future due to their pressure. (BTW, this was a commands type thing to free a special robot controlled by the fifth person - to escape down a ramp).

And even worse, the reward/punishment had it where the least liked player (Jeffry - again) and someone (who was in fact the guy who could've chosen to go to the past) had to go and be a servant in the past... so they saw it's not where they want to be.

At least two girls from Team Epoch did at least get to experience what life is like in the future - one of them and the other got to have a "spa" day with a bubble bath and other luxuries for them.

There's no question in my mind that being in the past is going to hurt you except in sympathy votes from the public. They had mentioned something new coming tonight that could change the game. I would *HOPE* that it's a required flip-flop of worlds in the game (as I don't think Epoch will beat Chronos - and this showed it - in group challenges), but I don't think it will be.

So my second choice is that Epoch gets a few better living conditions, such as cots with furs to cover them, a truer shower and an outhouse at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast