+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Blood Sweat and Heels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Blood Sweat and Heels

My friend did get her drinking under control. She may have the rare beer now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I feel very sad for Mica that she has had such a difficult childhood and adolescence, although her drinking is clearly out of control and she needs some serious help.

I can't disagree with anyone who thinks her behavior in the Hampton's was terrible, and that she's responsible for how she handles alcohol. I'm amazed she can keep herself together given the amount of wine, etc. she apparently drinks. This makes me wonder how typical it is of her usual behavior. But she certainly needs help with drinking and behaving inappropriately.

On the other hand, the reaction of the others, given that they knew the situation with her father at least partially was pretty unforgiveable. They really were mocking her and certainly didn't show any concern when she showed up. And when they found out that her father died, they could have changed approach and tried to help her leave in a compassionate way, instead of standing as far away as possible, but in earshot, and calling out, so they wouldn't miss a second of it.

Demetria's attitude and her conflation of reality--when Mica was trying to push her way into the house, and the room she happened to be about to enter was the kitchen-- and fantasy-- her claims that there are knives in there and in horror movies "black people are the first to go" -- was ridiculous. This wasn't a horror movie. and if Demetria can't tell the difference maybe she needs to get a reality check and figure it out.

I don't see why Brie especially was so shocked and affronted by Mica's drunkenness. Granted it was her house, and her parents would have been upset-- but in fact nothing seemed to have happened, and Mica did have a sense of having misbehaved and was able to leave voluntarily and regretfully. This whole thing did seem like a set-up to me-- not by the friends per se-- but the network, who wanted to film Mica having a drunken breakdown in order to pump up ratings. That I find really abysmal-- and the sort of thing these shows seem to stoop to more and more.
    Lizard likes this.

I think they had had so much of her out of control behavior in the past that poor-babying her was more than they could muster. I thought that Brie was more tolerant of her than I would have been able to be; I can't coddle people who are generally out of control almost everytime I see them.

Where is Mica's boyfriend? He should have been the person taking care of her, and on "Mica-watch"; she has embarrassed her "friends" enough.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

People like Mica can't be dealt with when they are intoxicated and you can't force what YOU know to be best on them unless they are in a place where they are ready to change. She was not in a mood for reasonability, what with the alcohol and her emotional trauma. People like that are unpredictable. My friend who was the problem drinker told me about a time when she was sitting at a bar talking to a woman that she didn't know...just passing the time...and she (my friend) said, she didn't know why, but my friend just took off her shoe an slapped the woman across the face with it. That's the unpredictability. Truthfully, I was shocked that she even remembered AND told me about it. Alcohol will make you start fights, for no apparent reason. There comes a point when your friends will stop dealing with you because they never know what they are going to get. There's only so much you can do, and you learn when not to even waste your time "going there".

When Mica told her two little gremlin friends that the first words she heard were "Detox, Bitch!"; untrue. The "B" word never came up from the women to Mica (who still hadn't told the ladies that her dad had died); the words were "Detox, dear, detox!" And Mica was pinging around like a pinball game. She was rocking and reeling and screaming.

I just believe that before anybody listens to a story that could be divisive among friends/social acquaintances that they hear both sides/versions before they decide where their loyalties lie. Who, in their right mind, could trust Mica's drunk version?

Mica was a hot mess at Brie's house. She came there DRUNK. I mean I knew immediately. Why did it seem to take the ladies awhile to figure that out? The minute Mica came into the yard SCREAMING, yup I knew.

And after watching everything that went down at Brie's, Mica was 100% wrong. Period. AND then once Mica is sober she starts calling everyone who was NOT at Brie's and starts lying to them all.

Shay, ITA, why would Daisy, Mylessa and Terry not wait to get the full story from EVERYONE before passing judgment on what went down ESP when it's Mica telling the story?!?!?!

SHE NEEDS HELP. AND NOW.
    KAREN

I kept wishing that Mica would reel herself right on into that swimming pool! That would have been worth the price of admission.

And I could definitely see it when Mica called that one woman Wesley Snipes!!! If you have ever seen "To Wong Foo", it would jump out at you. Wesley played a cross-dresser named Noxema. Patrick Swayze was one of his cross-dressing buddies. It was a good movie so, if you get the chance....yada, yada, yada.....

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I kept wishing that Mica would reel herself right on into that swimming pool! That would have been worth the price of admission.

And I could definitely see it when Mica called that one woman Wesley Snipes!!! If you have ever seen "To Wong Foo", it would jump out at you. Wesley played a cross-dresser named Noxema. Patrick Swayze was one of his cross-dressing buddies. It was a good movie so, if you get the chance....yada, yada, yada.....
    Oh ya, Mica complains bitterly to Terry, Daisy and Mylessa about Geneva saying "detox" but did Mica tell those 3 she kept yelling back at her "Wesley Snipes" ..... so so so wrong.

I absolutely LOVED that movie "To Wong Foo" .... it was hysterical it some parts and sad in other parts.
    KAREN

I think Mica's behavior was anything but correct but with that being said when she and Brie met. imo, Brie's attitude was so pretentious. How can she compare her relationship with her family to someone elses and then decide how one should respond to a death of a family member. Just because Mica did not have the "perfect" relationship with her father does not mean she did not love him and perhaps even more than someone with a "perfect" relationship. Brie is a straight up snob.
    Lizard likes this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

The loss of a parent by whom a child never felt loved can be just as devastating as the death of doting parent, imo. It's really more a question of the person, rather than the type of relationship--- some people are deeply affected by loss, and other, perhaps more resilient people, grieve, but are able to let go in a much less painful way. I got the feeling that Mica suffered greatly from feeling rejected or unloved and was craving some sort of sign that her father loved her after all. Not to have that response and then to lose all hope of any future possiblity seems to me as difficult as any loss could be.

Needless to say, none of that excuses really disruptive behavior, but it does perhaps make it easier to forgive, if not forget. It's too bad that Mica quickly perceived the other's hostility which made her unreceptive to any further attempts they might have made to point to how she acted as a sign that she needed help. And that the others, who weren't there were only too quick to collude with her sense that she had been badly treated, and therefore was in no way responsible for what happened.

If there were someone on her side who also could tell her straight out that she has a drinking problem, it might have gotten through to her. Or not. It's not clear how well these people know one another--

I do think, though, that in the scene when Mica "whinnies" she has such a mocking expression on her face that she might be unwilling to give up the alcohol at this point, no matter what anyone did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast