+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

'Under the Gunn': 'Project Runway' alums compete to become the new Tim Gunn

By Jean Bentley
    November 13, 2013 3:44 PM ET

Everyone knows the No. 1 reason to tune in to "Project Runway" is to see mentor Tim Gunn scare the crap out of the contestants and force them to do their best design work every week. Now, the fairy godfather of fashion competitions is getting his very own show on Lifetime. It's about time!

"Under the Gunn," premiering Jan. 16, 2014 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, is a new twist on the fashion design competition that could essentially be described as "Project Runway: Phase 2." Gunn hosts a competition between "PR" alums Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee, and Nick Verreos as they mentor and manage their own groups of designers -- basically, they're competing to be the new Tim Gunn.

The judges are designer Rachel Roy, stylist Jen Rade, and Marie Claire senior fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi.
    The show doesn't have an official page at myLifetime.com as of yet, so details are still sketchy.
    NFL1 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

There are already photos out from the season finale! Looks like Neil Patrick Harris and Heidi Klum are special guests/judges for the event. Photos are in the link below -- most are red carpet shots, but some look like they are from the actual show, but there are no spoilers:

Heidi Klum & Neil Patrick Harris: ‘Under The Gunn’ Finale Fashion Show! | Just Jared
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Any show focusing more on Tim Gunn is great in my book. I want him as the host of Survivor once Jeff retires.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Any show focusing more on Tim Gunn is great in my book. I want him as the host of Survivor once Jeff retires.
    Oh, man. I just got a terribly funny picture in my head of what a tribal council might sound like if Tim were in charge.
    Allie and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    That would be a sight to see - Tim trying to dress up to the nines at tribal council.

Though he does have the wit and the politeness to let folks give their opinions and moderate a bit better than Jeff.

As far as this show, I'm looking forward to it, as it will be a nice change from the overload of "Project Runway" seasons.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I sounds a bit like the NBC show that was cancelled, but without the retailers sitting in judgement. Three PR designers mentoring teams with Tim as Host, etc. I'll be interested to see whether there is more to it than a runway presentation.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I sounds a bit like the NBC show that was cancelled, but without the retailers sitting in judgement. Three PR designers mentoring teams with Tim as Host, etc. I'll be interested to see whether there is more to it than a runway presentation.
    That was "Fashion Star" -- which sadly, failed, cause it was a really interesting, fast paced, fun show, with high profile celebrities as mentors and actual buyers from major retail chains competing to put the winner's clothes into the stores and making them available for purchase by the public each week --- NONE of which Tim Gunn's new show is doing.

I like Tim Gunn, and Anya seemed pleasant enough, but the thought of having to watch Mondo Guerra and Nick Verreos each week is not very appealing to me. I probably won't be watching, and if they keep up Project Runway's habit of focusing on the contestants dissing each other and bickering, I DEFINITELY won't be watching.

PS In fact, the way I watch PR now, is that I just see what the challenge is about and then fast-forward past all the negativity to the runway show and enjoy looking at the clothes and listening to the judging.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 12-26-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Florimel likes this.

I'm the opposite - Nick Verreos is a reason I will be watching. I'm a die-hard Bravo-era PR fan, the Lifetime years really haven't done it for me.

But I'm sure they will ramp up the drama between the 3 mentors, since they seem to be the actual "contestants" as opposed to their teams of designers. That will make the show a little odd for me, but maybe it will turn out to be something more complex than that when the show airs.
    ladygreco likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Less than a week away and I have to say - judging by the snippet we saw during the All Stars finale - I'm excited.

I love me an emotional Tim Gunn! He seems to be nearly beside himself trying to get the model dressed and out of the work room. I'm just hoping that's a preview from the FIRST episode and not the best of what's yet to come somewhere much further into the season.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    That would be a sight to see - Tim trying to dress up to the nines at tribal council.

Though he does have the wit and the politeness to let folks give their opinions and moderate a bit better than Jeff.

As far as this show, I'm looking forward to it, as it will be a nice change from the overload of "Project Runway" seasons.
    I can imagine Tim Gunn at the Final Tribal Council.

"Final three, I am so proud of each and every one of you. *wipes tears*"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast