+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I just can't get over how absolutely gorgeous Nick is!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess with the Olympic Games not many people watched.

Well... I'll put in spoilers only because I don't know how many people saw it:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Isabelle is FINALLY out, and deservingly so. There was no question about it, and I think the bottom looks were happy that she created the WORST outfit I've ever seen in the series. Even Ping's two outfits in the beginning were better, and one was like a clothing store, and the second one her model's bum showed (the muslin challenge) and it looked like it could fall off in a second.

Even worse is she thinks she didn't deserve it.

Asha won the challenge, and the black gentleman (sorry the name is slipping my mind right now - like Sasha or something with an "S" comes to mind) was runner up. I liked his jacket better for Zendaya, but the overall outfit of Asha's was better.

And I absolutely LOVED the fact they did NOT alter her outfit in any way when Zendaya wore it. It wasn't a big gig but still... major props here to Asha for creating an outfit that they didn't alter drastically from the original design.

GabbyG likes this.

I pretty much agree with all your points.

And BTW, I love your picture from "Greatest American Hero." That was my favorite show when I was a kid! My friends and I used to love singing the theme song.
    babymay likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I dvr'ed it and watched during Oympic commericials. I'll spoiler the rest for those who haven't yet watched.

Click to see Spoiler:
    While I don't particularly like Nick a whole bunch, I think he was absolutely right about Isabelle. She was uncoachable in every respect. If she needs to work alone and in silence, that's fine, but then she doesn't belong on a show like this one. I was surprised and a bit disappointed that the several of the other contestants seemed to be on her side. Even Tom, who usually has the patitence of Job, couldn't deal with her. The show will be much more enjoyable without her.

Problem is that according to Nick, we're going to see a lot more of "hands-on Nick" again, and I really don't like that either.
    GabbyG and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I started off liking Nick but he is really getting on my nerves lately. And, I think his comments about Isabelle could have been a little less harsh. Actually, I think he and Isabelle are a lot alike. Sort of the opposite sides of the same coin
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I started off liking Nick but he is really getting on my nerves lately. And, I think his comments about Isabelle could have been a little less harsh. Actually, I think he and Isabelle are a lot alike. Sort of the opposite sides of the same coin

Yeah, it was definitely a mutual thing between them. I actually sympathized with Isabelle a little during the sketch phase. How could she concentrate with Nick gabbing in her ear? I would have been ticked off, too. Then she lost my sympathy with her behavior in the workroom. Then Nick lost my sympathy with his behavior on the runway. At first I didn't like that the other designers criticized him. Now I can kind of see their point, though. Like it or not, Nick picked her for his team. He's supposed to be their leader and their buffer between them and the judges. While I don't necessarily think he should have whitewashed her behavior, he could have balanced his remarks with some praise and been a little more tactful.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FINALLY Isabelle is gone! I don't think I've ever seen a contestant who infuriated Tim like she did. I think he pretty much wanted to throttle her. That dress was hideous and no amount of ironing was going to help the situation.

I really liked Asha's look. If you had shown it to me out of context, I would have thought it would be perfect for Zendaya, who I still think is absolutely adorable. I liked some of the other garments too, but Asha's fit the challenge the best.
    prhoshay and dzigner like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I get the sense from the preview for next week that the remainder of Nick's team gets rather irritated with him, just as at the end of this show none of them were happy with what he said about Isabelle (and the way he said it.) I could be totally wrong...it could just be editing, but it made me wonder.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I can understand why some (including the other mentors) may have thought Nick's comments were inappropriate. But they weren't dealing with Isabel day in and day out like he was.

And this wasn't someone who was just "a little" difficult. She had a wall up between herself and anyone (Nick, Tim) offering feedback that didn't include the words, "You are wonderful!" She said herself that if they had said, "You have 10 minutes left; you can do this," she would have finished her project (and ironed it) . . . but that she had "no idea" that when they said "In 10 minutes all of the models, designers and mentors are going to the runway," they meant "10 minutes to the runway." She thought they meant "10 minutes until you have to stop sewing." Really? How can you mentor someone for whom reality is a foreign concept?

Nick is a mentor . . . but he's human and he felt thrown under the bus during the previous challenge. And Isabel told Tim and the other judges that Nick was not an effective mentor for her. He was just telling the other side of the story. And he was very gracious in wishing her good luck when she was eliminated. (She'll need it.)
    prhoshay, Florimel, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have never been a person who "Poor Little Boo Boo"s somebody, unless I am being sarcastic. I believe in just laying it on the line and saying what I mean.....after all, this isn't pre-school; it's a serious big money competition. We coddle way too much in this world today. If you really need to be coddled, go home too your mommy and we will, both, be happy. I do believe in picking your words carefully, but definitely make your point. Isabelle was a doorknob in a stupid-looking hat!
    GabbyG, AZChristian and Photobabe like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread