+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I think I have given this show 4 good weeks & thts is it. While I love my Tim Gunn this show just isn't clicking for me. I knew Isabel was a mistake for picking her. The 2 of them just don't have the same design asthetic(sp?) I am wondering whether the producers wanted a whack-a-doodle on the show & forced Nick into making that pick.
    Then shall we discuss the most helpful designer award! My lord I thought I had showhow stumbled upon a pagent.

That would not surprise me one bit. PR has really gone downhill that way. How else to explain Ken from last (?) season.

Whoops! Forgot this show was on last night. We're a sports-nut couple, so when the Olympics roll around, everything else takes a back seat. Three cheers for Team USA!

Just now catching up. That movie trailer did nothing for me, but then I'm not a teenager.

Interesting to see Mondo floundering in his critiques. Loved how Tim smoothly stepped in and helped poor Sam.

I agree with that designer who said the chain dress was just blah. Tim, what were you thinking?

If Isabelle disregards Nick's advice, that dress is going to look hideous.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I liked the top three and as far as Isabelle, I was like - they should've eliminated her and kept the other two safe quite honestly. She was safe for being "creative."

And I agree, a mentor should NEVER have to make an elimination.

Personally, given how many times she has NOT finished before time was called makes me want to scream to them "Throw Isabelle out of the competition for not obeying the rules!" To me what she's been doing is *Almost* similar to the infamous incident of a guy having pattern books in his hotel.

Seriously - I have time issues at times, but even I can finish a project faster than her.... and I work in fused glass, which involves a lot of piecing and placing items together BEFORE you fuse, and even during fusing you have to tamp and edge the glass to make sure it stays in the shape (well that is unless you're doing fancy designs or something).
    And I think that if you were told "times up, everyone stop working on your projects" I'm sure that you'd abide by the rules and stop or else you will have to face the consequences. Just common sense, y'know?

I remember that pattern-cheater. It's a shame because he could design and sew like crazy!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I totally agree that it was horrible to have Anya make that final decision.

On the plus side, I must have stepped into another dimension, because I actually agreed with the judge's critiques. I loved that winning dress. I was also happy for Nick, since Oscar did a great job and deserved to be in the top.

Was it just me, though, or did this challenge not seem very unconventional? I mean, a lot of those dresses looked like ordinary dresses.

Good grief almighty, just saw the preview for next week. Isabelle had to have been cast for the drama, pure and simple. Or if not chosen in advance, then the producers are leaning on the judges to keep her around. Either way, yuk.

PA, I agree with you. I'll stick with it because I like Nick and Tim, but this show really does not grab me. If it weren't for Tim I would have been gone already.

I wasn't watching PR yet when that incident happened. Could somebody fill me in on the details?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I love that Tim has his own show now. <3 I like his sternness. "No no no no no! It's not fair to the others!"

Mentor Nick is kind of a mess so far. I wonder why they brought him back as one of the three? He's the only non-winner of the trio. Why not someone like Seth Aaron or Christian.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I love that Tim has his own show now. <3 I like his sternness. "No no no no no! It's not fair to the others!"

Mentor Nick is kind of a mess so far. I wonder why they brought him back as one of the three? He's the only non-winner of the trio. Why not someone like Seth Aaron or Christian.
    I would love to have SA, but I bet the filming of PR All Stars had something to do with it. I think we will see a Team Nick win next time.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Nick's the only mentor right now to have all his designers still, right?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I wasn't watching PR yet when that incident happened. Could somebody fill me in on the details?
    Here's an article from People about the scandal. BTW, his design website hasn't been updated since 2011.

Keith was so deluded back then -- he kept insisting he did nothing wrong even though he admitted to doing the things Tim said were against the rules. He was so full of it, and full of himself. I wonder if he's changed at all since then.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I'm also disappointed that Isabel was not eliminated. Actually i was totally surprised. Whatever she did, nobody was gonna wear that and she blamed her mentor for her design, she's just a scatterbrain with no concept of time management. She should have gone home if Tim had a say.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I'm also disappointed that Isabel was not eliminated. Actually i was totally surprised. Whatever she did, nobody was gonna wear that and she blamed her mentor for her design, she's just a scatterbrain with no concept of time management. She should have gone home if Tim had a say.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    If think if Tim had a say, she wouldn't have even made it past the first episode. I've never seen any contestant annoy him the way she does. I thought that dress was horrid this week. I like Nick, but he picked a dud.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread