+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Yeah Nick. He is going to change my mind about him if he keeps mentoring the way he did this time. It was embarrassing to watch. He needs to back off a few thousand paces. That was ott.

It doesn't make me like Mondo any better, although I don't really dislike him or anything. I just don't really feel invested in any of the mentor contestants or the designers. I hated that jumpsuit that won. That was not my idea of red carpet, and different isn't good just because it's different. The shoulders on it would not be flattering on most women, I think, and the shape was just off. There were many other designs that were better than that one, imho.
    Kip, justCoz, Duckyface and 1 others like this.

Nick really turned me off this past episode with his over the top hands on mentoring. Tim warned him about that more than once and he even emphasized, "I'll TRY not to do that again," after one of them. I do not believe that a good teach takes over and does the work for the student no matter how much he wants to win.

Mondo and Anna were both much more into guidance and allowing the applications to develop their own ideas. Why Mondo thinks that shorts go with a tuxedo, however, is beyond my comprehension.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Because he is Mr. Bizarro?
    Florimel, Allie and Duckyface like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Am I the only one miffed that Oscar didn't win and that the judges made the mentor choose who should leave???

I think the judges should never put the mentors in that type of situation. Their job is to only MENTOR, not JUDGE. It was the first time I thought of the judges as spineless twerps!

Oscar's design was sooo different! Sexy! Wicked! Young! Unique! I don't think I've ever seen a top piece like that! I love the headpiece!!!

And, seriously, someone's going to have to radio in Isabelle to come back to earth. Time constraints apply to her as well. I feel so sorry for Nick having to deal with her.
    pikachu, jadewarlock and Duckyface like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I liked the top three and as far as Isabelle, I was like - they should've eliminated her and kept the other two safe quite honestly. She was safe for being "creative."

And I agree, a mentor should NEVER have to make an elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    And, seriously, someone's going to have to radio in Isabelle to come back to earth. Time constraints apply to her as well. I feel so sorry for Nick having to deal with her.
    Personally, given how many times she has NOT finished before time was called makes me want to scream to them "Throw Isabelle out of the competition for not obeying the rules!" To me what she's been doing is *Almost* similar to the infamous incident of a guy having pattern books in his hotel.

Seriously - I have time issues at times, but even I can finish a project faster than her.... and I work in fused glass, which involves a lot of piecing and placing items together BEFORE you fuse, and even during fusing you have to tamp and edge the glass to make sure it stays in the shape (well that is unless you're doing fancy designs or something).
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Isabelle

Thinking back to the first episode, I'm not sure that the mentors knew much about what went on in the workroom BEFORE they chose their designers. Perhaps if Nick had known that Isabelle had time management issues, he would have decline to offer her a spot. Well, he certainly knows now! I've been waiting for the workroom showdown between Tim and Isabelle for two weeks now. If the previews are to be believed, it will happen next week. Maybe this will finally be her undoing - but I wouldn't count on it!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I knew when Isabel was chosen that she was all over the place and a mistake. People need to understand that you should choose, not by the heart and because you feel sorry for somebody, but by logic. What really annoys me is that Isabel will probably come close to, if not, win. Why else would they keep playing up what a disaster she is. For me, she is hard to tolerate.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think I have given this show 4 good weeks & thts is it. While I love my Tim Gunn this show just isn't clicking for me. I knew Isabel was a mistake for picking her. The 2 of them just don't have the same design asthetic(sp?) I am wondering whether the producers wanted a whack-a-doodle on the show & forced Nick into making that pick.
    Then shall we discuss the most helpful designer award! My lord I thought I had showhow stumbled upon a pagent.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Isabel needs to be gone, pronto. How many times does Tim gave to chastise her for ignoring the time constraints before they eliminate her for breaking the rules? As always, I like some of the designers better that others, but she makes my teeth grate.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

YAWN. With a pageant award for good behavior? I'll keep watching because it is on, but I guess I really don't understand it. What is the point?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread