+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

did i hear them call that non-garment a "tunic" or something??? please!! i saw a t-shirt, a very very short t-shirt that should only be worn with some kind of pants or leggings. was it? i don't remember but i seem to recall i was worried about the model's butt possibly hanging out. i was thinking about nina and heidi and michael and zac, and what they might possibly say about this "garment". i think nina would have been eloquent in her silence, michael would have laughed, and heidi would have said something mean. zac would have laughed too. but there is no way in hell that designer would still be there.

oh, and as for the tall one who wouldn't listen to tim gunn and insisted she keep working when he yelled at her ... she should be gone. if you can't even follow rules set up for everybody, it doesn't really matter what you produce...it shouldn't have been done in more time than the others were allowed. i automatically don't like her now, because of that.

mondo has indeed lost his charm for me as well. i like nick better. and why did they cast the lady designer AND mondo, since they seem almost like the same person?

i don't like this show, i miss PR no matter how awful it can get.
    GabbyG and Babbred like this.

I tried to watch the first two episodes, but I bailed partway through the second one because the selection process felt really slow and boring. I'll stick with it and see if I find it more interesting now that the teams have been chosen.

Thanks for the comments about the name change. I'll have to check my DVR and see if I need to make an update!

I also don't quite understand why people weren't jumping to work with Nick. Maybe because he wasn't on a more recent season of the show? Maybe because they think that because he's the oldest he's not as interesting? Whatever the reason, it seems to me that with his unique set of experiences that he would make the best mentor and that is supposed to be what this show is all about!!
    Photobabe likes this.

I am giving it another week but I am not holding out much hope.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post

mondo has indeed lost his charm for me as well. i like nick better. and why did they cast the lady designer AND mondo, since they seem almost like the same person?
    I disagree as far as Anya and Mondo looking like the same person - especially now given that Anya has stopped (from the looks of it) shaving the sides of her head. She never added the color and has always worn nice (mostly modest - couple slightly off) dresses.

Age wise, yeah, they look the same, but the styles are different.

I think why Anya was cast was that

a. She does know how to give constructive critiques, and is honestly one of the few who is rarely ugly about any outfit, unless it's warranted; and

b. Sexist yes, but they needed a woman, and there are not many female winners in this series (and given that it was more likely it'd be a Lifetime one - they do prefer their own cast you know , I think they knew we'd prefer a kinder Anya over snobbish Irina and boring as all get out shouldn't have been a winner gretchen [sic]); and

c. She's hip, young and personable. I think folks will want to work with her long term instead of the more short tempered Mondo who seems to want designers to do things the way he did. I still remember how critical he was about Dimitry's outfit because he feld that there wasn't enough of the print used... nevermind you could clearly see it in the dress and Dimitry's jacket design actually made your eyes draw to the pattern.

Now, yes, they could've cast someone else who wasn't a winner - because Nick didn't win, but at least if they did go this route they chose a better winner, and in a way the opposite of Mondo in regard to critiques.

I'm seriously hoping that either Nick or Anya win this. Mondo is successful enough in his own right, and while I STILL like his designs, his attitude is starting to become a bit off putting.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I also don't quite understand why people weren't jumping to work with Nick. Maybe because he wasn't on a more recent season of the show? Maybe because they think that because he's the oldest he's not as interesting? Whatever the reason, it seems to me that with his unique set of experiences that he would make the best mentor and that is supposed to be what this show is all about!!
    Easy - I bet most of these designers haven't seen the Bravo version of "Project Runway," and he was a contestant on that version. I admit I didn't see his season, but even *I* knew he wasn't a Lifetime cast member.

And yes, I'm like you - he's seen as "too old" even said as much himself.

Out of the two guys, I'd actually choose Nick. I think he'd give constructive criticism and seems a lot more enjoyable to be around.

I, too, like Anya. I have from her very first appearance. I never liked her partially shaved hair style, but I did like her taste, her designs, and her attitude. She's been invited back as a guest judge a few times and I've appreciated her comments when she was.
    Kip likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I LOVED her partially shaved head, and thought she wore it well. I like to see people who don't strive to look like everyone else.......Mondo is my exception, though!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am giving it another week but I am not holding out much hope.
    I think it SHOULD pick up this week and become more interesting. The team picking thing would have been a bit boring if they'd done all of it in ONE episode. It certainly didn't warrant TWO episodes! They have a total of 13 episodes (or 11 more to go). With 15 designers, you gotta figure there's at least one double elimination in there somewhere, possibly more.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I thought most of last night's designs did not look 'red carpet'. I suppose there are red carpets at most of the big events, including movie and music awards that aren't as fancy, but when I think of red carpet I really think of the Oscars. I thought Nick's team had the most 'Oscar worthy' dresses, but then again, Nick had a hand (or two) in making most of them. I wonder if the judges were somehow tipped off not to pick any of his designers for the win because of all his 'helping'. I thought 2 or 3 of his team made some really pretty gowns....the other team made some decent (and some odd) designs, but they didn't scream "red carpet glamour" to me.
    Kip and GabbyG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I thought most of last night's designs did not look 'red carpet'. I suppose there are red carpets at most of the big events, including movie and music awards that aren't as fancy, but when I think of red carpet I really think of the Oscars. I thought Nick's team had the most 'Oscar worthy' dresses, but then again, Nick had a hand (or two) in making most of them. I wonder if the judges were somehow tipped off not to pick any of his designers for the win because of all his 'helping'. I thought 2 or 3 of his team made some really pretty gowns....the other team made some decent (and some odd) designs, but they didn't scream "red carpet glamour" to me.

That's exactly what I thought. I loved Nick's dresses. I thought that far and away they were the most glamorous. Some of the other dresses were pretty but they sure didn't say "red carpet" to me. I love Katherine Hepburn, too, but she's not the actress I think of when I think "glamour". That jumpsuit might be appropriate for something like the MTV awards, but on Oscar night it should be full-on glam.

I must say, though, that Nick really irritated me with his constant intrusions while his designers worked. Tim Gunn hit it spot-on: Nick practically made those dresses himself. I really, really hope he learns to tone it down because otherwise I like him.
    GabbyG likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I think what irritated me was that the show was edited in such a way that we saw Nick's behavior more than anyone else. While I am sure he was the most over-the-top, I doubt that they could get through an entire episode without SOME drama from either Mondo or Anya. I certainly hope this isn't a hint of things to come. Are they setting us up for something bigger to come? I already guessed that the drama with Isabelle would be something we'd see LATER rather than SOONER. I don't wanna be right about a catastrophic failure for Nick because of his "helicopter' style of mentoring.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread