+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Finally got a chance to watch it last night. I couldn't believe they all wanted that first guy's design. When the model was walking down the runway, both hubby and I thought it looked like something a homeless person would wear because they had nothing her size at the Goodwill store.

I'm so NOT fashion-forward. I loved the outfit designed by the lady who was eliminated.

Love the description! I hated that design, too.

I felt sorry for the second team last night. I mean, how many designers were in the first group? Weren't there 9 (seven chosen, one eliminated, one saved after crying)? What if the mentors had liked every designer in that group? What if they had all gotten chosen? Then a whole bunch of designers would have had to be eliminated from the second group. That was totally unfair.

And the same thing goes in reverse. Good designers were let go in order to keep spots open. That's one of the reasons why I stopped watching The Voice. Too often the judges on that show were passing on perfectly good singers because they were afraid a mega-talented one would show up later. This whole format just stinks all around.

Did anybody else feel sorry for Nick? As somebody who grew up a nerd, I totally felt his pain at being excluded. It was even worse because I think he nailed it on the head: the designers see Mondo and Anya as cool, hip young things and so want to be associated with them. I love you, Nick! I would have chosen you!

If I were Nick, I would have done the following. Each time Mondo and Anya nominated somebody, I would have passed so they could fight it out between themselves. That way they would fill their spots quicker. When it was my time to pick somebody, I would have gambled and picked somebody I didn't really want, on the hopes the designer would pick one of the others. Then when all the dust settled, I would have my choice among all the remaining designers.
    ladygreco and AZChristian like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm so over Mondo.

I loved him and felt bad for him when he lost to Gretchen during his season. When he competed again in AllStars it almost seemed set-up for him to win and I lost some love for him a little. Now he almost seems cocky. I don't know that is the right word, but I guess I am just not a huge fan anymore. He seems to try too hard to be 'out there', with the crazy glasses, short-shorts, bow-ties, ladies sandals, suspenders, etc. It just seems forced to me. Hopefully he is a good mentor, though, and we can get this season finally started now that all the schoolyard picks are out of the way.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If this show makes it to another season, I'm hoping that it undergoes a huge remake in how they do things. So far, it kind of stinks.
    inthegarden and Babbred like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't know if this applies to providers other than Cox, but I'll put it out there just in case it might.

I had this show programmed to record the entire series, but I noticed just in time last night that it wasn't scheduled although it did work the first week. What I discovered was that the show was now listed as Project Runway: Under the Gunn instead of just Under the Gunn. When I changed the series name, the shows were now in my list.
    THANK YOU so much! I have Time Warner but ran across the same thing. I thought I was going nuts. Knew I preprogrammed the show and I got....nothing.

Happy to help, tinderbox. I suspected people might have some difficulty finding it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If this show makes it to another season, I'm hoping that it undergoes a huge remake in how they do things. So far, it kind of stinks.
    I agree. I was looking forward to this show because of Tim Gunn.
    Every time I see Mondo, I think...Pinocchio!

I didn't see it until YOU said it!!!!

I am chuckling to the point where my kitty is looking at me like I've lost my mind!!! And that's making me laugh even more!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-25-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I bet it won't be an annual thing, since they only did it because Heidi was too busy to go right into another PR cycle. It will probably just be a fill-in show when Lifetime has a hole in their schedule and Tim is available.
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was really hoping Isabelle's dress would fall apart on the runway. I don't know if I can take her for long. Hopefully, she'll get eliminated quickly. You know you're annoying when you irritate TIM! Have we ever seen a production member have to step in to get a designer to step away from their garment?

Yeah, maybe Amy's dress wasn't super ground-breaking, but jeez. At least it looked like a dress someone would want to wear. It was better than the glorified t-shirt that Nikolas made. I mean, what the hell was that? How is that stylish? I thought it was awful. Would that have flown on Project Runway? I don't think so.

I liked Rey, but that coat was awful. I'd rather see him on the show than Isabelle, but I can't argue with the critique of his outfit.
    Florimel, GabbyG, Allie and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah....all I saw was a big t-shirt. I couldn't believe that got praised. It looked like something straight out of K-Mart's non-designer section....like a cheap bathing suit cover-up,

Isabel was a pain.....and that stupid Donald Duck hat with the two little ribbons hanging off the back......the very hat was annoying. She was a skateboarder??? I did love the dress with the fluttering panels and the open back.

Several of the models had HORRIBLE walks, and I think your model's walk can make all of the difference in the world.
    Photobabe and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread