+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

Hoping tonight's episode does a better job of holding my attention than last week's episode did. If they were smart, they'd speed up the picking teams process and get right into the first real challenge, but I'm afraid it will be formatted just like last week, only with new faces.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Hoping tonight's episode does a better job of holding my attention than last week's episode did. If they were smart, they'd speed up the picking teams process and get right into the first real challenge, but I'm afraid it will be formatted just like last week, only with new faces.
    There IS one thing to look forward to though...

Click to see Spoiler:
    this will be the week we see Tim actually LOSE his temper with a designer who is still trying to work on a dress after time's up. I really like Tim, but I have to admit it will be fun to see his anger and disappointment - in a TRUE form - this week toward the designer. She knew what she was getting herself into, so she should've had the model ready to go.

I'll say this much - may not have liked him or his designs, and thought it was HORRID he had a model's nether region showing to the world in a design, but at least Jeffrey didn't try to stall sending his model out or sew after time was up.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Finally got a chance to watch it last night. I couldn't believe they all wanted that first guy's design. When the model was walking down the runway, both hubby and I thought it looked like something a homeless person would wear because they had nothing her size at the Goodwill store.

I'm so NOT fashion-forward. I loved the outfit designed by the lady who was eliminated.

I liked the first two dresses that came out, but the rest are pretty forgettable. The second dress with the panels that flew away revealing another - little too short but not too bad - dress I realy liked, except it did need a bit more of a back to it. Was FLOORED when someone said that it was "just a nice dress" - it showed more creativity than the muu-muu one.

Am admittedly disappointed the woman who did not finish her dress on time is still in there, but yes, the dress was nice. Interesting that Anya realized the lady didn't finish it but the others it took a bit longer.

Mondo did dress better this week, but still... Anya and Nick are the two who I think dress most appropriately for the show.

One more note - the guy who was eliminated - those shorts looked like boxers. I don't like a lot of Mondo's shorts looks (this is the ONLY place I disagree with his style - it's just horrid), but even he doesn't wear shorts that look like they're high end undergarments with the fly sewn shut.

IMHO Nick picked 2 women who are too scatter-brained to complete a look on time. Tim is telling Isabell to stop yet she keeps sewing!!! In the previews Tim is telling her this needs to STOP!
    I am still not sold on this show.
    Tim Gunn could show up in his white boxers & sock garters & I would still love my Tim Gunn old fashioned & all that!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I don't know if this applies to providers other than Cox, but I'll put it out there just in case it might.

I had this show programmed to record the entire series, but I noticed just in time last night that it wasn't scheduled although it did work the first week. What I discovered was that the show was now listed as Project Runway: Under the Gunn instead of just Under the Gunn. When I changed the series name, the shows were now in my list.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I also had it "disappear" from my recording schedule and couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until I went looking for it after it had recorded. Using the remote buttons, I skipped to the "TUV" section of the alphabet and didn't see it. Back to the top I go and scanned all the way down the list, finding it filed under P for Project.

What's up with that? Do they think TIM GUNN can't stand on his own and that he has to forever be associated with PR?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I noticed the name change on my program grid, too.

It might have something to do with the awful ratings for the premiere -- they're throwing the brand name on it for better recognition. But then it had the PR reunion show as its lead-in, which also had terrible numbers.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think Tim and Heidi have some kind of mutual appearance agreement for this kind of show, which may have something to do with it. Or maybe they are just trying to keep both show names out there because they think viewers are too stupid to realize one isn't replacing the other. Sounds like a typical programming gimmick to me, but you would think they would put out some kind of announcement to keep viewers informed of scheduling.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's showing "Project Runway: Under the Gunn" on my DISH programmer, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread