+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Under The Gunn - premieres Thurs. Jan 16 on Lifetime

I finally watched it last night. I agree that it was really odd to have split the group like that and have them choose the way they have done. Would have made more sense (if space were an issue) to have them all make their clothes in the two separate groups, then have one longer runway show so they could have chosen from all the designers at one time. All of the designing and sewing (and workroom drama) on week one, then the runway show, discussion of designers and choosing teams on week two.

My gut feeling is that Natalia will end up in the final 3 . . . just because of the way the first episode was edited to make her look like an out-of-control mess.
    ladygreco likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The process was unfair to the second group of designers. It really didn't make sense. Whose bright idea was this?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am still in the middle with this show. I really didn't like the breaking off into 2 different groups for the head designers to pick their team. They have no clue who is any good in the 2nd group. From what I saw of the 1st group I am not too hopeful but dang I love my Tim Gunn.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fan

I suspect the way the group was split was quite intentional. It seems like TPTB would have lots of info about these designers by the time the show begins. Perhaps they have a pretty good idea of who won't make the first cut and split the groups accordingly. It definitely feels awkward and unfair in watching, though.

I love Tim Gunn, but I hate it when he wears his pin-striped suit (I guess that's what it's called), his tiny-checked shirt, his paisley(?) tie and that pocket square. To me, that is just an ugly style; I think he looks much better when he wears is signature GQ outfits. I've never been a fan of trendy clothing, though. I prefer the classic, sophisticated look.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Let's just be glad he wasn't wearing something designed by Mondo. WHAT was THAT he was wearing?

I just look at Mondo sitting near Nick and think, "PLEASE . . . let Nick design my clothes, NOT Mondo."
    ladygreco likes this.

Mondo looked like he had assembled pieces out of various poor churches clothes closets. Yikes!
    ladygreco, AZChristian and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Let's just be glad he wasn't wearing something designed by Mondo. WHAT was THAT he was wearing?

I just look at Mondo sitting near Nick and think, "PLEASE . . . let Nick design my clothes, NOT Mondo."
    Mondo's outfit looks like a concussed albatross in a two year olds' design... or in short really really bad.

Anya the elegant as ever, and I like the fact that she stopped shaving the sides of her head. it makes her look even prettier.

Nick was dressed rather nice too.

Tim Gunn's outfit didn't bother me either, however, he can wear just about anything and look fine.

Should mention - I like the idea of how they handled the pick the teams challenge - I like the fact they all have the same materials and have to create a design from there. It keeps it fair as far as the fabrics not being an influence for the best designs.

I do agree with folks here that they should've done the "pick'em" all at once, because it was feasible that one of the teams be complete this week, if not two. That wasn't fair to the second set, who could've ended up with only one of the coaches left to choose, nor to (most likely Nick but) the one mentor who hadn't filled his/her team having to break the hearts of more contestants.

Still, there weren't many designs I didn't like this go, and had to agree with the one who was eliminated being eliminated.

Next week will be interesting - I wonder if they're going to DQ that one designer (they should honestly - I mean, I've seen Tim upset on these shows, but this was definitely the closest I've seen him actually angry, and rightfully so).

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I wondered the same thing! It kind of looked like a skirt over pants.......but not really. Just this flab of patterned fabric hanging in front of the pants.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread